ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 24
« First < 121819202122 2324 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Fisher has a Achilles injury
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:36 PM 01-24-2021

T Eric Fisher is out with an achilles injury.

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) January 25, 2021

tough break for Chiefs and Fisher. They'll play in Super Bowl without either starting tackle. https://t.co/O4KR9KJ65r

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) January 25, 2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:58 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
You have to be tough to even make it to the NFL. The days of the idiot coach that think we can win by being tougher are over. Detroit’s knee capper coach is going to fail.

Is Mahomes tough? The evidence says yes. But, his words and demeanor don’t scream tough SOB. I’ll take your hit, then I’ll throw a TD.
Remember, these are the kinds of fans that bought into Gunther's "take the head" stupidity.

The dumbass thought the punter was great because he tore off his freaking sleeves.

:-)
[Reply]
seclark 11:58 AM 01-26-2021
:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:00 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
lol he'd have to take like 12m less.

Veach will find linemen like he always has and also LDT / Niang could conceivably come back.

There won't be any good left tackles left at 32 but there will certainly be good interior linemen and if Alijah Vera-Tucker falls to the late 20s it would be worth it to move up for him.

Or just let Wyatt Davis fall to you. I'd much rather have one of the top IOL than reach for the 6th best LT
You could get a good, starting IOL in the 2nd round. No need to reach.
[Reply]
kcjayhawks5 12:00 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by The Plain Truth:
Patrick Mahomes will be in some serious trouble with Jason Pierre-Paul and Shaquil Barrett chasing him down. The offensive line will be the biggest weakness of the Chiefs come Superbowl Sunday. Tampa Bay will take advantage of this weakness, exploit it, and come out on top as Superbowl Champs.
This guy :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:01 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Ok well i've just been doing some research and it looks like Remmers played a lot of games at left tackle for the Panthers and Vikings. Infact he played almost a full season for the panthers at left tackle. Meanwhile Wylie was actually a tackle in college and obviously got the call to play right tackle against the Saints aswell as sliding over there against the bills. So the great thing is he's already had a full week of practice reps ahead of the Saints game and played a better d-line too. And then he got some reps the other day against the Bills aswell. Now he's gonna have two weeks to prepare knowing he'll be the right tackle instead of just three days of practice.

So the line is likely to be the line the finished the game.

...Remmers....Aligretti.....Reiter.....Wiznouski....Wylie....

That's the most experienced line we could put out there and three of them have played in a superbowl (Remmers for the Panthers). It's basically the d-line against the Saints with Remmers instead of Fish. The Saints got three sacks and hit Pat a few times but we still ran for 170 and put up 30 points. Also four of this line played against Tampa already (they got two sacks)..Wiz is the only one who didn't. All in all hopefully with the experience and reps these guys have, coupled with two weeks to get ready, our line will play to the best of their abilities.

Edit: And i just read a tweet from Chiefs reporter Matt Derrick saying that Wylie took right tackle reps in the offseason, pre-season and during practices plus played a few snaps there last season aswell. So he's been preparing for this moment both on the practice field and in the games.
Great stuff. Thanks for the research.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:04 PM 01-26-2021
Patrick Mahomes will be in some serious trouble with Jason Pierre-Paul and Shaquil Barrett chasing him down. The offensive line will be the biggest weakness of the Chiefs come Superbowl Sunday. Tampa Bay will take advantage of this weakness, exploit it, and come out on top as Superbowl Champs.
This is true. If only Andy had two weeks to gameplan and work through the strengths of the line we DO have, we MIGHT have stood a chance. Since that is somehow not the case, we're simply doomed.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:07 PM 01-26-2021
I never went back to watch game tape but in game i thought Wylie looked more competent as a right tackle than guard at times. Any one else feel this way? I mean he did have Cam Jordan steaming mad.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 12:11 PM 01-26-2021
They'll be fine.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:12 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I never went back to watch game tape but in game i thought Wylie looked more competent as a right tackle than guard at times. Any one else feel this way? I mean he did have Cam Jordan steaming mad.
Wylie actually played tackle before.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:12 PM 01-26-2021
Yea, I agree. Wylie looked better at RT than he ever has at G.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:20 PM 01-26-2021
Lame mult act, Assnorix.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:24 PM 01-26-2021

Do you think your defense is better than SF last season?

Please try to beat the Chiefs with the pass rush. In fact rush 6 every down
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:27 PM 01-26-2021
We're going to finish what them fireworks didn't on JPP
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:37 PM 01-26-2021
The one who was getting beaten the most was Fisher against Hendrickson iirc??. And I remember Chiefs talking heads praising Wylie after the game and suggesting that he could replace Mitch long-term if Mitch doesn't come back.
[Reply]
arrwheader 12:37 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

Goddamn man its possible to be rational and use your brain sometimes.
Saying this in today's world is taboo. With social media, everyone thinks they can just throw an unthoughtful opinion out and everyone should agree.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 22 of 24
« First < 121819202122 2324 >
Up