ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 24
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fisher has a Achilles injury
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:36 PM 01-24-2021

T Eric Fisher is out with an achilles injury.

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) January 25, 2021

tough break for Chiefs and Fisher. They'll play in Super Bowl without either starting tackle. https://t.co/O4KR9KJ65r

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) January 25, 2021

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:34 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Doesn't matter. His lack of desire to be with the team and take the 'immediate out' says volumes. He could have been boning up on the playbook and keeping up with the mental side of the game big time.
You don't think he's working to get better?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:35 PM 01-25-2021
Ya think he was social distancing and wearing a mask at these BLM protests??:-)
I can't imagine why a fan would GAF. As long as he's ready to go next season, why would you care?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:38 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Could also be that Niang had a unique opportunity to take a $150k advance and realized he can get paid while getting the badly needed rest to his hip.
I assumed this was simple enough for just about everyone to understand. Guh, I was CLEARLY wrong.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:38 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I'm not suggesting that the Chiefs encouraged him to opt out, but I doubt they discouraged it much either. He wasn't going to play anyway AND the Chiefs get to keep him under contract for an extra year when he likely WILL play.
Exactly. Him opting out actually benefits the team.

But hey we don't need him, he's soft. Gotta have the right 53.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 10:39 PM 01-25-2021
Amen and Amen !!

What does it say about a kid's character and desire to play in the NFL especially being drafted by the defending SB champs knowing you have a great chance to repeat and protect the GOAT QB ??

Right now Niang will have to prove himself to me because right now he is on my sh** list.
_________
My goodness are you a dumbfuck.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:41 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If Schwartz calls it quits...we have to do something with both Mathieu and Fishers contracts, probably some type of movement on Clark's too..

All that happens I won't be surprised if this team pursues Taylor Moton, they do value tackles.

I think they’re planning that regardless. I don’t see any way they have Mathieu play on a $20M cap hit next year. He’ll get a 2-3 year extension, IMO.

If Fisher plans to retire because of the Achilles, I could see them doing something where he renegotiates and they spread his hit out over 2 years. He rehabs the Achilles with the team staff but no plan to play.

And if they restructure Jones they can free up a bunch more $$.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:42 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
You don't think he's working to get better?
I seriously have my doubts.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:46 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
My goodness are you a dumb****.
He took the c-19 out !! Nothing about his hip whatsoever being the reason he opted out. I remember D Williams and Niang being mentioned as the C-19 opt outs of this team.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:47 PM 01-25-2021
I seriously have my doubts.
:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:48 PM 01-25-2021
He took the c-19 out !! Nothing about his hip whatsoever being the reason he opted out. I remember D Williams and Niang being mentioned as the C-19 opt outs of this team.
He opted out because it was an option. Free money.

He was most likely going to start the season on PUP and they planned on working him into the lineup as a backup guard.

Him missing this season means next to nothing. The fact that he's on your "shit list" is just laughable.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:53 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
when the Chiefs don't .
You know this ?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:56 PM 01-25-2021
You know this ?
:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:59 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
they planned on working him into the lineup as a backup guard.
My point exactly. Why isn't he here then if they were expecting to work him into the lineup as a backup guard ?? Obviously his hip injury wasn't too major if they expected to work him in as a back up guard 'this year'. He took the C-19 out along with D Williams and was announced as such.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:00 PM 01-25-2021
Why does this dude care so much?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:13 PM 01-25-2021
My point exactly. Why isn't he here then if they were expecting to work him into the lineup as a backup guard ?? Obviously his hip injury wasn't too major if they expected to work him in as a back up guard 'this year'. He took the C-19 out along with D Williams and was announced as such.
They planned on working him out at guard ONCE HE WAS READY. They didn't actually know when that would be but most assumed it would be sometime this year. :-)
[Reply]
Page 19 of 24
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Up