ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1236 of 3903
« First < 23673611361186122612321233123412351236 123712381239124012461286133617362236 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
stumppy 02:43 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
:-)

Yea, he's really gushing it up there. WOW, he said it was encouraging. BFD
[Reply]
Donger 02:44 PM 04-08-2020
COVID-19 isn't a virus. SARS-CoV-2 is a virus. SARS-CoV-2 causes COVID-19.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:45 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
In Los Angeles county, which has more than 21 million people, 99.9% of the people here are following the Stay At Home order.

Traffic accidents have been reduced by well more than 50%, crime is down 23% and the air quality is among the best in the world.

If you don't think that Social Distancing and the Stay At Home order are effective, you're not paying attention.
If only that's what I had said.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:45 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:

Yea, he's really gushing it up there. WOW, he said it was encouraging. BFD
Has he even come close to saying it is encouraging right now with Covid? Considering that countries are banning the export of the drug, and Drs all around the world are saying it works.

What else do you want? That's my argument, there is NO REASON to not be treating the masses with it right now.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:46 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
If only that's what I had said.

Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I know they now claim more people are following social distancing than expected but I can't see how that's accounts for a 20X difference compared to the model.
If you "can't see" how 21 million people Social Distancing and following Stay At Home orders have accounted for a 20x difference, then you truly do not understand math, as so many others have suggested.
[Reply]
Donger 02:47 PM 04-08-2020
Cool the LINK to the twitter post was Fauci talking about it working and being worth trying after it worked in a LAB on cells in 2003 for MERS.

Yet he is holding back same recommendations now for what ever reason.

So again,

They drug is working, it's clear as day it works. Hence why governments around the world are hording the damn drug
Because it hasn't been show to be effective in a decent-sized, controlled trial yet. That's why.

I presume most here know why some people here are pushing this, and why. That's why it should stay in DC where it belongs for now.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:47 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I'll defer to Fauci and not the cult that has constantly been wrong on this thing since the beginning.
Fauci hasn't said it doesn't work.

He's a scientist and he's said, repeatedly, that he's not comfortable advocating for its use without significant testing to confirm that it does. Not anecdotally, but scientifically. Which is exactly what he should say. Though it's funny how eager we are to say "hey, lets get the data in" when discussing a potential pharmaceutical treatment but not when discussing potential returns on mitigation efforts.

Granted, people continue to chop up what he says to push positions they prefer, but he's never said "this doesn't work" - he's said that he's unwilling to say that it does. There's a MASSIVE difference there.

So I ask again - knowing what you know about the anecdotal results, the limited testing done (admittedly without random double-blind tests) and its history of use, in the event you contracted COVID and had an opportunity to use this early on, you'd say "no, it doesn't work, and there are slight risks associate with it. I do not want it..."

You're that confident based on Fauci's suggestions of temperance?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:48 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Because it hasn't been show to be effective in a decent-sized, controlled trial yet. That's why.

I presume most here know why some people here are pushing this, and why. That's why it should stay in DC where it belongs for now.
Ahuh well your presumptions could be equally wrong. And it could be to provide people a option they should seek out should they get coronavirus.

So there is that....
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:48 PM 04-08-2020
"Particularly encouraging" equals "gushed"? GTFO

Originally Posted by :
gush
/ɡəSH/
verb
past tense: gushed; past participle: gushed
1.(of a liquid) flow out in a rapid and plentiful stream, often suddenly.
"William watched the murky liquid gushing out"

2. Speak or write with effusiveness or exaggerated enthusiasm.
"a nice old lady reporter who covers the art openings and gushes about everything"

[Reply]
SupDock 02:48 PM 04-08-2020
Has he even come close to saying it is encouraging right now with Covid? Considering that countries are banning the export of the drug, and Drs all around the world are saying it works.

What else do you want? That's my argument, there is NO REASON to not be treating the masses with it right now.
There are plenty of reasons, the biggest one being that it's not proven to be effective. People with mild symptoms shouldn't be getting these drugs at this point.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:49 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
There are plenty of reasons, the biggest one being that it's not proven to be effective. People with mild symptoms shouldn't be getting these drugs at this point.
Except for where it has been effective I agree it isn't effective.....:-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:49 PM 04-08-2020
Ahuh well your presumptions could be equally wrong. And it could be to provide people a option they should seek out should they get coronavirus.

So there is that....
You're smoking crack.
[Reply]
Donger 02:51 PM 04-08-2020

So there is that....
I'm not presuming anything.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:51 PM 04-08-2020

If you "can't see" how 21 million people Social Distancing and following Stay At Home orders have accounted for a 20x difference, then you truly do not understand math, as so many others have suggested.
Look I'm not Donger so I have no desire to repeat myself over and over again.

If you don't understand the difference between saying more people complying than they expected doesn't explain the massive level the models have been off is not the same thing as saying I don't think social distancing is effective then I have no idea what else to tell you.

But if the topic did interest you, you could back and read DJ's 500 word post saying the same thing with much much more detail.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:51 PM 04-08-2020
You're smoking crack.
Feel free to not take a drug that is safe, and cheap. By all means, all the Doctors and Governments buying the drug must be doing it on a hunch.

Nah you got it, I mean the 2005 Study of the drug for SARS showed it to be very good for preventative measures to that virus.

But nah dismiss it,
[Reply]
Page 1236 of 3903
« First < 23673611361186122612321233123412351236 123712381239124012461286133617362236 > Last »
Up