DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:19 AM 08-16-2020
I'm enjoying this mans research and advice

This may be a stock to get in early on.

[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:33 AM 08-17-2020
Man, my Tesla stocks have been so hot. Anyone else know of any other "meme" companies I am unaware of? I've got some cash to dump.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:00 AM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Man, my Tesla stocks have been so hot. Anyone else know of any other "meme" companies I am unaware of? I've got some cash to dump.
I love Tesla. I'm up over 400 percent on it. It's my biggest star.

I just bought a tiny amount of CVAC. It's pure gambling, but I figure if the Gates Foundation is behind it, that's going to open a lot of doors.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:06 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
WTF is a meme company?

Why don't you just buy more Tesla. It's only going higher. Up 8% right now today.
[Reply]
scho63 12:16 PM 08-17-2020
One of my best friend's has the following 3 stocks as his largest holdings, and I mean large!

1. Tesla (Bought at $388) 300 shares down from 400 shares he sold around $1000
2. Square (Bought at $32) 1,500 shares
3. Shopify (Bought at $740) 100 shares

He is a very happy guy right now. He is the best non-pro stock picker I've ever seen. He told me about Chegg at $30 and a few others that have done incredible.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:17 PM 08-17-2020
I’ve seen some shit on r/wallstreetbets suggesting corn going on a substantial rally.

If anyone is contemplating it, be cautious.

That storm that rolled through was fucking for real. But the market hasn’t really moved. Weather markets in the grains are super volatile and over quick. There have been some up days but nothing really at all out of the ordinary, all the while that storm is in the news.

The other side is the governor of Iowa said 10M acres flattened. If we assume 50:50 corn:beans and 200bpa:60bpa that’s 1 billion bushels of corn and 300M bushels comes of beans. As a nation we grow 14.5 billion bushels of corn a year and 4.4 billion beans. So whatever order of magnitude the damage is on those acres, it moves the needle.

But with ethanol shitting the bed, the meat market fucked up, and exports being down this year, it may not move it much. Idk, I’d have to do a ton more research than I’m willing to do.

All I know is weather markets move quick and this one is not.

Here’s your free advice. You get what you pay for.
[Reply]
SupDock 05:05 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
WTF is a meme company?

Why don't you just buy more Tesla. It's only going higher. Up 8% right now today.
Meaning it seems like Tesla is on a bubble. Its earnings don't support its prices. The PS ratio is over 12. Tesla is on another level because people believe in Elon.

It seems prime for a crash, but keeps going up and up.
[Reply]
eDave 05:08 PM 08-17-2020
BTC up 35% over 30d, 25% over 6m.
[Reply]
Stewie 07:32 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I’ve seen some shit on r/wallstreetbets suggesting corn going on a substantial rally.

If anyone is contemplating it, be cautious.

That storm that rolled through was fucking for real. But the market hasn’t really moved. Weather markets in the grains are super volatile and over quick. There have been some up days but nothing really at all out of the ordinary, all the while that storm is in the news.

The other side is the governor of Iowa said 10M acres flattened. If we assume 50:50 corn:beans and 200bpa:60bpa that’s 1 billion bushels of corn and 300M bushels comes of beans. As a nation we grow 14.5 billion bushels of corn a year and 4.4 billion beans. So whatever order of magnitude the damage is on those acres, it moves the needle.

But with ethanol shitting the bed, the meat market fucked up, and exports being down this year, it may not move it much. Idk, I’d have to do a ton more research than I’m willing to do.

All I know is weather markets move quick and this one is not.

Here’s your free advice. You get what you pay for.

There is going to be a crop assessment starting today in the Iowa, Illinois and Indiana areas that are affected. 100 mph winds may or may not ruin a crop. If it's just laying over it's fine, if corn is broken at the stalk you'll only be able to salvage a small percentage. There's an assumption that most of these farmers have crop insurance... insurance for out buildings, too.
[Reply]
Stewie 07:44 PM 08-17-2020
Warren Buffet took a huge stake in gold in Q2. Surprising since he's always said gold is a relic with no value and pays no interest or dividends.

We'll see. Some gold producers jumped 42%+ today.

Warren has influence for sure.
[Reply]
Stewie 08:11 PM 08-17-2020
These are the stocks to own from a totally mathematical investment perspective:

ENPH - $75.06... today's gain 2.6%
REGI - $39.68... today's gain 0.08%
KNTFN - $5.45 ,,, today's gain 3.81%
HOV - $34.31 ... today's gain 20.26%
EQX - $13.33 ... today's gain 8.91%

Do your own due diligence and make lots of money.

Stewie
[Reply]
EPodolak 08:35 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by Stewie:
Warren Buffet took a huge stake in gold in Q2. Surprising since he's always said gold is a relic with no value and pays no interest or dividends.

I heard Berkshire bought shares of a mining company, is that what you're referring to?
[Reply]
lewdog 09:02 PM 08-17-2020

Wrong

Originally Posted by EPodolak:
I heard Berkshire bought shares of a mining company, is that what you're referring to?

More correct. It's Berkshire buying. And 500M is about 0.1% of Berkshire’s market cap which means it probably ain’t Buffett doing the buying but one of his sidekicks. Secondly no one is carrying on about his $2.1bn addition to his Bank of America holdings bringing his ownership of that bank to over 12%. That’s huge news especially given anything over 10% bank ownership requires him to publicly disclose his transactions.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:19 PM 08-17-2020
There is going to be a crop assessment starting today in the Iowa, Illinois and Indiana areas that are affected. 100 mph winds may or may not ruin a crop. If it's just laying over it's fine, if corn is broken at the stalk you'll only be able to salvage a small percentage. There's an assumption that most of these farmers have crop insurance... insurance for out buildings, too.
I’ve seen a lot of pictures on agtalk. There is real damage on even shit that’s still standing.

Broke is fucked. Laying over is only moderately less fucked. If the ear is sitting on dirt it will rot right now. If it tries to fill it’s got half the leaf tissue to make starch. Then harvestability becomes a pretty big issue. Big thing is the leaves have been stripped off of virtually every picture I’ve seen. That’s bad news. Also saw a bunch of pictures of damaged ears. I assume hail.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:40 PM 08-18-2020
S&P just missed record highs today.
[Reply]
Page 394 of 934
« First < 294344384390391392393394 395396397398404444494894 > Last »
Up