ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 27
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Chiefs are racist
falstaff 04:06 PM 08-01-2001
How can you guys be fans of a clearly racist team? Teams like the 'Redskins' and the 'Chiefs' are clearly depicting American Indians in an inappropriate manner. As if the white man has not done enough damage to the Indian culture and heritage, football teams like the Chiefs must portray Indians and their mascot and portray American Indians in a demoralizing manner.

The US would never stand for team names like the 'Honkies', 'Spooks', 'RagHeads', 'WOPs', or 'Slants'. Why then should we be subjected to the desecration of the American Indian?

By simply supporting this, what I consider to be a criminal organization, you are backing the negative portrayal of the American Indian. Therefore, I consider you not Chiefs fans, but racists. The path to Arrowhead Stadium is truly a Trail of Tears.
HC_Chief 05:15 PM 08-01-2001
Metro Sports is on right now. Jaycee Pearson and Rich Baldinger are the commentators (just an FYI)

Have you guys tried Pizza flavored Pringles chips? OMG, they are addictive! I'm gonna be a fat bastard if I don't quit pouring these things down my throat...
Warrior5 05:16 PM 08-01-2001
Last chance to say something meaningful...
Mi_chief_fan 05:16 PM 08-01-2001
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by falstaff
RACISTS:

The negative connotation of the Chiefs is that the 'Cheifs' are CLEARLY assoicated with American Indians.

Ahhh, so "chiefs" is ok, but "cheifs" is racist. Gotcha.

Remember mo-ron, i before e, except after c.

This is your final English lesson for the day.
keg in kc 05:17 PM 08-01-2001
I'm downing some Lay's KC Masterpiece BBQ chips right now, HC. Damn they're addictive too! I haven't tried those Pringles Pizza chips, but if they're anything like the rest of the Pringles varieties, I'd better stay away because I eat them a can at a time!
DaWolf 05:17 PM 08-01-2001
Originally Posted by :
The negative connotation of the Chiefs is that the 'Cheifs' are CLEARLY assoicated with American Indians.
This statement applies ONLY if you believe that everything associated with Native Americans is negative...
bishop_74 05:17 PM 08-01-2001

-So what???

If you saw 60,000 people dress up in black face and afro wigs prancing around the football field, would it be considered honoring the black community?? No, it would be considered racist.

-The team members don't dress in American Indian attire to play football, what does this mean?

Additionally, the Chiefs are assoicted as 'tribe' of violent players coming to Arrowhead Stadium to 'do battle'. Clearly, the Chiefs mascot is a negative association with the American Indian.

- Since when was this association made. I know I didn't get a program at the last game, was it written in there?

"A Native American Speaker at a recent assembly expressed his feelings on the unfair treatment of Native Americans in the United States. He also declared that teams named after Native Americans, like Florida State Seminoles, Atlanta Braves, The Kansas City Chiefs, and many more were racist. Tuesday (9/ 21/99) "

-Good, if that guy said it... it MUST be true then.

You can deny these FACTS, but I beg you to consider them before you support the Chiefs any longer. I am not here to be labeled a 'troll' -- I am here to wake you minds to the clear racism associated with the Chiefs!

-Are you sure you didn't use to be a Johovas Witness, you should apply if you haven't all ready.

Honestly, if you want a bit of credibility, maybe you should take OUR viewpoint in to consideration before getting angry and calling us all Stereotypical.
Brock 05:18 PM 08-01-2001
Where the hell did this clown come from?
Warrior5 05:20 PM 08-01-2001
Glad you mentioned BBQ chips...reminds me that I've been wanting to ask Cody if he has a recipe for home-made Jalapeno Cheese Balls.
Do you plan on having these as appetizers at the rehearsal dinner or reception?
bishop_74 05:20 PM 08-01-2001
The little bus, why?
keg in kc 05:22 PM 08-01-2001
Dunno Warrior, the only "food" I have set in stone for that weekend is alcohol.

Lots and lots of alcohol.

Wake me up when it's over! :-)
aturnis 05:24 PM 08-01-2001
I hope you all know I am not racist but you falstaff, have just used my comment against us......

There are two reasons you should not take me seriously......

1) It is an outtake from one of Chris Rocks standup sets and was just said to make you realize how stupid this discussion is......I do believe there are still racist people out there, but most of them are almost dead already, believe me, my grandpa is a little on the bigit side......aside from "new-wave neo-nazis"(who are the most ignorant people in my opinion) and small town rednecks, there aren't too many. Any ways, the main point to that was.......the black community blames the white community of being racist, but as you see here, the black community can be racist too. Now, this is my point ANYONE can be racist, no matter their ethnicity, you too are racist in your ways even if its not too obvious. Maybe its not necasarilly racism, it could be stereotyping, which you have already been accused of and I agree.

2) If you didn't notice......I used :-) at the end of my post.....this interpretated as SCARCASM!
falstaff 05:27 PM 08-01-2001
I see that instead of opening their eyes to racism, the Chiefs fans rely on petty insults to defend their evil, offensive organazation. It seems that rather than consider my arguments, Chiefs fans would rather point out a spelling mistake.

Ignorance breeds racism, my friends. Please, re-read and try to understand my arguments. Again, I am not insulting you, or your team, I am simply trying to help you to realize that the Chiefs organazation needs to be changed.

I am prepared to lead this BBS in a drive to change the Chiefs name, to a less demeaning moniker. Please join me.

I am mearly trying to promote racial harmony, yet I have been labeled, sterotyped, insulted and threatened. I hope you can all grow up, and heed my advice.
keg in kc 05:27 PM 08-01-2001
You know what else is addictive?

Chex mix!

The home-made kind, I mean. Man, I make a batch of that stuff and it's like breakfast, lunch and dinner. I just love it.

Might have that at the reception.

Cody, what about those cheese balls?
Warrior5 05:29 PM 08-01-2001
What's the best dip for BBQ chips?
DaWolf 05:30 PM 08-01-2001
You stated that the name Chiefs is negative because it is "clearly associated with American Indians."

Do you wish to defend that racist statement or not?
Page 5 of 27
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up