ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 16
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>OU footballer picks bar fight. (With an MMA dude)
Prison Bitch 12:31 PM 02-23-2021

OU football player Spencer Jones picked a fight against a guy with a decade of MMA training at an OU bar this past weekend.

It didn’t end well for him and he almost lost his eye. He is currently recovering from eye surgery. pic.twitter.com/OuvgyppljM

— Unnecessary Roughness (@UnnecRoughness) February 22, 2021

[Reply]
Bearcat 11:33 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Nah, that's exactly what I would do if people were ****ing around with me in that kind of environment. It's about finishing a fight, not for the showmanship or unwritten rules of putting your dukes up.
So... it's about an unwritten rule to finish a fight? :-)
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:58 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
So... it's about an unwritten rule to finish a fight? :-)
No, the unwritten rule as far as I can tell and have witnessed, is a fight has to be about who can outbox the other. I'm simply stating that if someone was ****ing with me or wanted to fight me, I have no interest in a dick measuring contest and would be using every page to bring the fight to an end.

Edit: aww jeez I'm picking up what you are putting down.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:01 PM 02-24-2021
No, the unwritten rule as far as I can tell and have witnessed, is a fight has to be about who can outbox the other. I'm simply stating that if someone was ****ing with me or wanted to fight me, I have no interest in a dick measuring contest and would be using every page to bring the fight to an end.

Edit: aww jeez I'm picking up what you are putting down.
SWING ON HIM BB!
[Reply]
eDave 12:09 PM 02-24-2021
It's a shame this now involves lawsuits.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:13 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
SWING ON HIM BB!
One of my biggest childhood regrets was not pounding a couple of asswipes because I was a nice kid or was worried about consequences. I will ensure my kids understand they have the green light to stick up for themselves.
[Reply]
wazu 12:15 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
It's a shame this now involves lawsuits.
When a guy has to have his ocular cavity surgically reconstructed it's a good bet a lawsuit will be involved.
[Reply]
loochy 12:20 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
When a guy pretty white boy in a D1 football program has to have his ocular cavity surgically reconstructed it's a good bet a lawsuit will be involved.

FYP
[Reply]
ghak99 12:32 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
FYP
Exactly.

I know more than one person who lost an eye to a bar fight and they never even considered getting a lawyer. They were drunk, they instigated it, they got their ass kicked. Both became better people, post fight.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 12:34 PM 02-24-2021
FYP
If he was black, would you call him a “pretty black boy?” What would you call him if he was Latino/Hispanic? Asian? Native American? Inquiring minds want to know. :-)
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:36 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by seamonster:
NFL players have gone into the UFC and dominated.
Not really. Greg Hardy might be the best example, but he's been fed cupcakes for the most part. He's yet to be matched with a high level top 10 type.

Who else has gone to the UFC and dominated? Lesnar doesn't count, he was a star high school and college wrestler, a skill that translates extremely well to the UFC. He still got his ass kicked by superior fighters.
[Reply]
wazu 01:06 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Exactly.

I know more than one person who lost an eye to a bar fight and they never even considered getting a lawyer. They were drunk, they instigated it, they got their ass kicked. Both became better people, post fight.
Sheesh, damn. You need to call your remaining friends into a meeting and see if you can get in front of this before more eyes are lost.
[Reply]
loochy 01:14 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
If he was black, would you call him a “pretty black boy?” What would you call him if he was Latino/Hispanic? Asian? Native American? Inquiring minds want to know. :-)

I would if he was pretty. If this happened to Mike Pennell at Colorado State University Pueblo or Pat McQuistan at Weber State then I doubt there would be lawsuits.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 01:50 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Exactly.

I don't know one person who has ever even really been in a bar fight, let alone lost an eye. I must not hang out with the type.

I mean, at our 10 year HS reunion, a guy started some shit in the bathrooms (heh...see what I did there?)...I remember him being a douche bag in HS and apparently he had not changed at all. There were words, and my buddy who was from out of town and came in for the reunion was inclined to want to get a little more radical about it, but I just patted him on the back and said dude, it's time to go.

No need for fighting, unless you are being attacked. But, if you are in your 20's or 30's, I guess you still think you have something to prove.
[Reply]
crispystl 02:04 PM 02-24-2021
One of my biggest childhood regrets was not pounding a couple of asswipes because I was a nice kid or was worried about consequences. I will ensure my kids understand they have the green light to stick up for themselves.
Just let that regret go man. Who knows what would've happened if you had done something. Walking away is almost always the best option unless you or someone you care about is in immediate danger. You might regret it now, but you did the right thing.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 02:22 PM 02-24-2021
I would if he was pretty. If this happened to Mike Pennell at Colorado State University Pueblo or Pat McQuistan at Weber State then I doubt there would be lawsuits.
Are you saying that Mike Pennell isn’t pretty? That’s just a little cruel.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 16
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up