ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 55
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How friggin Cold are you?
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:54 PM 02-13-2021
Here in the Texas panhandle 6 degrees all day. Headed for -7 to -10 by Monday.

6-12 inches snow tomorrow/Monday

had to call every tenant to make sure they keep water running or they'll be SOL for a week.

THANK GOD I don't have to deal with the Hog farm any more. I feel for the livestock producers. They earn their money in a big way!

Those bastard on the border trying to check in are fucked in their short sleeve shirts. LOL
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:18 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
:-):-):-):-)

I have usually been to Florida, Hollywood or Miami at least 2-3 times by now for work, but those conferences have been cancelled. It has always made the Iowa winters a lot more palatable. -30's windchills today, Thanks Covid...
It gets a little harder every year I get older.

I joke about it on here but I'm rapidly approaching the desperation zone where I'm going to have to make some tough decisions, I hate it here that much.
[Reply]
Bugeater 01:20 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by 2112:
I’m on a maintenance plan with my hvac company and it’s worth it. $500.00 for the year gets me two visits, 24/7 response time in an emergency and 50% off any parts.

They blow out my condensation lines and replace the water panel on my humidifier (yes it’s a carrier too) and clean out the blower assembly for the winter. I use these gigantic filters that last 4-6 months depending on how much I use it. The last AC unit lasted 17 years and the furnace 30 years with no maintenance. I don’t feel like buying another one.

Hey I wanted to ask you. My guy installed an N coil instead of a v coil and he was right I didn’t need a mega ton unit to cool the house. I can see my own breath in the summertime. You like tonage better than a bigger coil?
They both need to be sized properly. In theory the N coil is a great idea because it gives you more surface area, but I've heard Carrier had issues with them early on. I wish I could see my breath in the summertime, but I will say the system we have in this house is light years better than the undersized POS in the old place.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 01:23 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It gets a little harder every year I get older.

I joke about it on here but I'm rapidly approaching the desperation zone where I'm going to have to make some tough decisions, I hate it here that much.
I love the change in seasons and really enjoy the winter through the New Year, but Jan and Feb and most of March suck and I will be a snowbird for those months, once I retire...
[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:25 PM 02-14-2021
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...t=polar+vortex
[Reply]
frozenchief 01:40 PM 02-14-2021
Home is pretty chilly but I’m in Maui. It’s mid 70s so I’d say I’m not terribly cold.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:41 PM 02-14-2021
I love the change in seasons and really enjoy the winter through the New Year, but Jan and Feb and most of March suck and I will be a snowbird for those months, once I retire...
I inquired about a property in Kingman, AZ yesterday.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:46 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
Home is pretty chilly but I’m in Maui. It’s mid 70s so I’d say I’m not terribly cold.
Check into extended stay VRBO's, lol
[Reply]
Bowser 01:47 PM 02-14-2021
The older I get, the more I understand the snowbird mentality. And I don't have it half as bad as you Iowans!
[Reply]
2112 01:53 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
They both need to be sized properly. In theory the N coil is a great idea because it gives you more surface area, but I've heard Carrier had issues with them early on. I wish I could see my breath in the summertime, but I will say the system we have in this house is light years better than the undersized POS in the old place.
I’m not complaining about your house lol your AC kicked ass when I was there and it was over 100 degrees out. I was just wondering because I used to go by tonage the last time I bought a new AC system In 1998 and that one worked good too.
[Reply]
splatbass 01:54 PM 02-14-2021

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
2112 01:56 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
The older I get, the more I understand the snowbird mentality. And I don't have it half as bad as you Iowans!
I don’t mind the cold weather or the snow as long as I don’t have to work in it. And I don’t have to work in it anymore and I have toys to fuck around in it. So I actually get a euphoric feeling before a snowstorm now compared to having a knot in my stomach two days before a predicted snow storm.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:58 PM 02-14-2021
I don’t mind the cold weather or the snow as long as I don’t have to work in it. And I don’t have to work in it anymore and I have toys to fuck around in it. So I actually get a euphoric feeling before a snowstorm now compared to having a knot in my stomach two days before a predicted snow storm.
Yeah, it would be nice to relive that feeling of being a kid again when a foot of snow falls. I have to adult through this shit for my job, so winter can fuck right off. Lol
[Reply]
Bowser 02:00 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by splatbass:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can I ask a favor? Can you just wander down to the beach and walk through the sand for me (us)? Preferably with a good beach tequila drink in hand? TIA
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:30 PM 02-14-2021
ATVs in the snow are really fun... and with the right gear, the cold isn't even that noticeable.

Wish I had one when I lived in KC, because I was within a mile or two of most day-to-day things and work, and you look forward to those trips a bit more when it's snowy or icy out.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:43 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Beer is starting to freeze within my beer fridge inside an unfinished detached garage

Brought it all inside, but enjoying an IPA slushy at the moment
Yeah, I have a garage fridge. I told my daughter last night it's so cold the heater in the fridge came on. "Really" , **** no you dumbass
[Reply]
Page 10 of 55
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up