ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Media Center>I did it...I finally finished Dragon Age: Inquisition
htismaqe 11:20 AM 02-01-2021
Playing through it again on normal to get the rest of the trophies but finished the entire game + DLC on nightmare difficulty without dying a single time.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:48 AM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Man. You're going to go crazy when you get to Assassin's Creedy Odyssey and Valhalla.

Phenomenal RPG entries.
Just started Odyssey a couple weeks or so ago. Great game so far.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:36 AM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Just started Odyssey a couple weeks or so ago. Great game so far.

It’s really fantastic. The mercenary component is so fun (fun tactic: if you’re being overwhelmed by one way above your power level, try to lure them to a cliff edge and then Spartan kick them to their demise)
[Reply]
tredadda 04:54 PM 02-04-2021
It’s really fantastic. The mercenary component is so fun (fun tactic: if you’re being overwhelmed by one way above your power level, try to lure them to a cliff edge and then Spartan kick them to their demise)
Lol. Never considered that. Now I will have to do it just because I can.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:43 PM 02-04-2021
Lol. Never considered that. Now I will have to do it just because I can.
It's super cool.

Also, in terms of leveling up the gear you loot from the mercenaries, don't waste your resources on it. That gear will level to your current level when you obtain the LAST item in the set.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:55 PM 02-04-2021
It's super cool.

Also, in terms of leveling up the gear you loot from the mercenaries, don't waste your resources on it. That gear will level to your current level when you obtain the LAST item in the set.
Question, do you ever buy any weapons or armor from the blacksmith? To me it seems like a waste of money as I can get just as good from general game play and looting people I kill.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:40 PM 02-04-2021
Question, do you ever buy any weapons or armor from the blacksmith? To me it seems like a waste of money as I can get just as good from general game play and looting people I kill.

Very rarely. Occasionally there was something for my build that just worked great or looked cool.

You can change the appearance of items to look like others you’ve recovered.

So if you really like the visual of a helmet or weapon, you can make it always look that way.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:50 PM 02-04-2021
Very rarely. Occasionally there was something for my build that just worked great or looked cool.

You can change the appearance of items to look like others you’ve recovered.

So if you really like the visual of a helmet or weapon, you can make it always look that way.
That makes sense. I am still relatively early in the game so I haven't seen too much cool looking gear yet. Probably going to take forever to beat this game as I am easily distracted by side quests. That's the biggest reason why I never beat Skyrim.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:45 AM 02-05-2021
I can't believe how much faster DA:I plays in normal.

I'm really glad I committed to the nightmare trophy because it was worth it. Not that the game isn't fun on normal but it's just a lot different. Not only are the enemies less deadly, there's less of them.

I mean, on nightmare, the Fallow Mire area was a multi-hour trek. I had to be careful everywhere I went - stepping in the wrong pond resulted in dozens of undead archers that also had poison, arrows and poison being two of the most deadly things in the game on nightmare. And if I engaged them in the wrong place, I risked a stray shot angering the bog fishers. They would be charging me down and dragging me around the map, not allowing me to recover AND producing more undead archers.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 09:35 AM 02-10-2021
FWIW it's currently $9.99 on Steam.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:41 AM 02-10-2021
It's funny. On nightmare, resistances have virtually no effect. It makes picking anything other than human (+1 skill point to start) useless because everything is just plain deadly - ice mines, fire spells, poison, you're dead in seconds if you aren't very careful. Resistance belts are useless, and resistance tonics only help in really long battles like dragons.

On normal, resistances are ridiculous. I fought a couple of dragons last night and the battles take FOREVER. They have tons of hit points and resistances but so do I, so we just sit there and bash on each other until the dragon dies. Elemental and damage resistances, barrier, and guard as so good on normal that I'm sitting at the Winter Palace quest without having taken the 4 extra potions perk (the first perk I took on nightmare) or the extra tonics slot. I simply don't need potions at all.

I guess maybe I should have tried hard mode but I'm almost finished with my last 2 trophies so I'm gonna slog through.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 10:07 PM 02-10-2021
Went on a buying spree around New Year's when games were cheap (Xbox One).

Got through Far Cry 5 and New Dawn, then played through Dead Island 1 and 2 Remastered, and now starting up Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Not sure if starting as a human dual-wield rogue was the way to go, and I'm trying not to consult the Internet for the first playthrough, which I know will be chock full of mistakes.

Still haven't figured out how tactical mode works yet, and have probably spent too much time in the first big map area (Hinterlands?).

What's everyone's favorite playstyle and team setups?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:13 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
Went on a buying spree around New Year's when games were cheap (Xbox One).

Got through Far Cry 5 and New Dawn, then played through Dead Island 1 and 2 Remastered, and now starting up Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Not sure if starting as a human dual-wield rogue was the way to go, and I'm trying not to consult the Internet for the first playthrough, which I know will be chock full of mistakes.

Still haven't figured out how tactical mode works yet, and have probably spent too much time in the first big map area (Hinterlands?).

What's everyone's favorite playstyle and team setups?
Tactical mode really isn't all that useful other than to keep your ranged characters out of harm's way. The AI kind of sucks and your mages and archers will walk right into melee range if you aren't careful.

For team setup, I use the same setup regardless of my character - one tank, one mage, one archer. If I play a warrior or a mage, I use those three. Having the AI run the tank is easy because it's pretty mindless and soaks up damage and aggro. Having the AI run an archer gives you a rogue in the party to unlock doors but the AI absolutely sucks at dual wield, all they do is die.

If you're running dual wield rogue, that gives you very high DPS in close range combat so I would go with the other 3 just like I said. That gives you two range and a tank. You could also go with two mages and a tank, since you are the rogue.

As for the Hinterlands, that's one of the big pitfalls of the open world. Advance the story when you can, otherwise you'll end up in areas that are way too much for you to handle.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 08:52 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Playing through it again on normal to get the rest of the trophies but finished the entire game + DLC on nightmare difficulty without dying a single time.
Did you have the Golden Nug statue?

Apparently, it allows you to keep all schematics and recipes from previous playthroughs. Should make nightmare easier since crafting seems necessary to survive.

Just got through the game on normal, and will attempt nightmare using a rogue archer artificer or knight tempest.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:14 AM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
Did you have the Golden Nug statue?

Apparently, it allows you to keep all schematics and recipes from previous playthroughs. Should make nightmare easier since crafting seems necessary to survive.

Just got through the game on normal, and will attempt nightmare using a rogue archer artificer or knight tempest.
Yeah, I will warn you though, if you have the collection I did (nearly every schematic in the game, I went to great length to get them all) it can cause weird inventory issues when you use it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:15 AM 03-01-2021
It also only transfers tier 2 schematics and above, so you won't have any cheap, entry level schematics at the start of your next game. The first 10 levels on nightmare are by far the hardest.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up