Page 64 of 68
« First < 14546061626364 65666768 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson requests trade
Trent Green GOAT 09:06 AM 01-28-2021
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchef...80509094774374
[Reply]
mkp785 03:45 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Shields68:
Guess it really comes down to making the right call on the players. The biggest is on the QB decision because you really going to need to have a plan to walk away with a QB you think is going to work for the next couple years. So for the Jets/Dolphins trade to work you are betting on Tua, Darnold or plan to get Fields or Wilson...If you do not like one of those sitting and calling Watson's bluff probably the way to go.
Well imo it's 2 different cases. The Jets aren't anywhere close to contending with or without Watson. So for them I understand if they don't pull the trigger in Watson as he would deplete their treasure trove of picks. That team will take multiple years to fix-and great drafting.

Dolphins are an entire different scenario. They were almost a playoff team with the Tua/Fitz tag team. Add Watson into the mix and they crush the Bills and the Cheaters. I would have no problem offering Tua, and both 1sts this year, another one next year and MAYBE give the Texans their own 2nd back.

As for the Texans, they need to cut their losses here. That above package from Miami is the best they'll get. Unless the Niners offer up 3 firsts and Bosa, I'll take that over any of the probable deals. Getting CMC and 3 firsts is also good, but I'm not sure how many top flight years he has left. Bosa can still be producing at this level a decade from now.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:09 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
I would also add that teams won't have 2 1st round pics in the same year that need a QB like this year (Jets). Come to think of it I think the Jets have 2 1st next year as well. Texans should take all 4.
The Jets can literally draft a QB high this year and then use the other three to surround him with talent.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:28 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The Jets can literally draft a QB high this year and then use the other three to surround him with talent.
Jets can grab a great QB with the #2 pick, gain 3+ years of playing time and ride out a rookie contract and use all those draft picks to acquire talent. Or, trade it all for Watson. I don't know why they would make the trade. Same with Miami unless their just giving up on Tua.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:34 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Jets can grab a great QB with the #2 pick, gain 3+ years of playing time and ride out a rookie contract and use all those draft picks to acquire talent. Or, trade it all for Watson. I don't know why they would make the trade. Same with Miami unless their just giving up on Tua.
I wouldn't hate seeing what Darnold could do with actual talent and coaching.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:45 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I wouldn't hate seeing what Darnold could do with actual talent and coaching.
One QB that I can honestly say that I have never seen play in an NFL game.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:48 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Miami has more talent on their roster than the Jets. So they’re further ahead.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:14 PM 02-27-2021
So pretty much give up your best existing and future assets :-)

Specifically from @McClain_on_NFL on what #Texans would be looking for. https://t.co/U29dTCF9SG pic.twitter.com/ums92WqW4L

— Connor Hughes (@Connor_J_Hughes) February 27, 2021

[Reply]
Easy 6 04:26 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Watson is pretty damn good, but lord almighty he isn't THAT good... next years first and a building block like Williams is a bridge too far
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:49 PM 02-27-2021
Darnold, two first round picks (one in 2021 and 2022) and a 2nd in 2022 would be the most from me if I’m the Jets.
[Reply]
Redbled 06:11 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I don't think the Jets make that deal, nor should they.

Not that it would ever happen, but if Watson is worth FOUR first-rounders, including top-2 type picks, WTF is a player like Mahomes (on an 11-year deal) worth? 10 first-rounders? 10 first AND 10 second rounders? I mean, damn.
Ask yourself if you would trade Mahomes for 10 1s. There’s your answer.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 06:15 PM 02-27-2021
& January 12, 1969
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:17 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Darnold, two first round picks (one in 2021 and 2022) and a 2nd in 2022 would be the most from me if I’m the Jets.
[Reply]
Passepartout 06:20 PM 02-27-2021
Watson and Texans damage has been done over in the relationship. Really after Bob McNair died, the class went out of the team
[Reply]
mkp785 06:33 PM 02-27-2021

Exactly why they shouldn't do it. That team would be a smoldering wreck. They'd have to hit on everyone especially since they wouldn't even have a ton of cap room with Watson’s 40 million/yr kicking in next season. Makes no sense for NYC.

Miami, though they can pull it off. That same deal doesn't kill them as they already have a good foundation for him. Fuck it tho, I want him out of the AFC. Send him to San Fran or Carolina.
[Reply]
Eureka 06:39 PM 02-27-2021

When’s the last time the Jets have had a franchise QB? Really it’s only Adams, this years 1st and next years 1st. Throw in Williams. They still have a 1st next year and extra 3rd this year because of the Adams trade. Also, they have a top 2nd rd pick this year. If Watson wants to be a Jet then the Jets need to make this happen. Maybe, the Texans can send a later draft pick back with this trade.

This isn’t a 9ers QB the Jets are trading for you guys.
[Reply]
Page 64 of 68
« First < 14546061626364 65666768 >
Up