ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 16
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Anybody been vaccinated yet?
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:37 AM 01-12-2021
Any side affects?

I can go get a shot tomorrow if I want. Just wanted to see if anybody here was a zombie first.
[Reply]
Hydrae 04:57 PM 02-01-2021
My 81 year old dad gets his second shot this Saturday. No issues with the first one, I hope the second one goes as well.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 05:19 PM 02-01-2021
looks like a lock on us getting vaccine on the 17th
[Reply]
TLO 05:32 PM 02-01-2021
Feeling a little anxious about the second jab.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:32 PM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
You'll be fine. At least you know what to expect. I get mine Feb 10th. My Mom (89) and Dad, (93) have both had their first shot with no issues.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:37 PM 02-01-2021
Why?
[Reply]
DanT 06:45 PM 02-01-2021
I'm afraid I made it sound worse than it was. :-)
For most of us, it's just uncomfortable for a day or so...not really that bad, and the unpleasantness is also a sign that the immune system is reacting to the vaccine, a good thing.

I'll be getting the second shot of the Shingrix vaccine next Monday, so I'll be interested to compare my reaction to it, as they've been described as similar. https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...839_story.html
[Reply]
DanT 06:53 PM 02-01-2021
Here's a story with a few anecdotes about 2nd-shot reactions among health care workers. It is fairly representative of my own conversations with co-workers about their experiences. https://whyy.org/articles/whats-it-l...ealth-workers/
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:55 PM 02-01-2021
I look in this thread and I feel like a Russian peasant peering into the window during the tsar's dinner party. You all are laughing and clinking glasses with your fancy vaccinations and stuff, and I stand in the rain wondering why I'm a wretched beggar.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:59 PM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I look in this thread and I feel like a Russian peasant peering into the window during the tsar's dinner party. You all are laughing and clinking glasses with your fancy vaccinations and stuff, and I stand in the rain wondering why I'm a wretched beggar.
Same. I guess we're not old fuckers.
[Reply]
jaglow 07:01 PM 02-01-2021
I’m a nurse and got the second Moderna Friday. Saturday, tired, chills and headache, stiff neck. Was fine by Sunday and able to do workout etc but now I have a local reaction around injection site with redness, itching and swelling. First shot a month ago; just a sore arm.

Hubby is a medic and got second Pfizer two weeks ago and was really fatigued the next day but no fever. His arm was more sore the second time.

We both would still get it.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:37 PM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by jaglow:
I’m a nurse and got the second Moderna Friday. Saturday, tired, chills and headache, stiff neck. Was fine by Sunday and able to do workout etc but now I have a local reaction around injection site with redness, itching and swelling. First shot a month ago; just a sore arm.

Hubby is a medic and got second Pfizer two weeks ago and was really fatigued the next day but no fever. His arm was more sore the second time.

We both would still get it.
My fellow peasants and I curse you and your bourgeois complaints. We would chew off our own arms to get a shot in our ... wait, that metaphor doesn't work at all.
[Reply]
bigjosh 07:44 PM 02-01-2021
I skipped the shots and just got covid instead
[Reply]
TLO 07:57 AM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
You'll be fine. At least you know what to expect. I get mine Feb 10th. My Mom (89) and Dad, (93) have both had their first shot with no issues.
That's true.

Originally Posted by DanT:
I'm afraid I made it sound worse than it was. :-)
For most of us, it's just uncomfortable for a day or so...not really that bad, and the unpleasantness is also a sign that the immune system is reacting to the vaccine, a good thing.

I'll be getting the second shot of the Shingrix vaccine next Monday, so I'll be interested to compare my reaction to it, as they've been described as similar. https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...839_story.html
Your experience seems to match up to what a lot of people I know have experienced after the second jab
[Reply]
kepp 11:17 AM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Do your folks have any underlying health issues? My parents are in their 80's and are trying to decide whether to get it.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 11:34 AM 02-02-2021
Been doing my fair share of homework on this topic. Scheduled for first round Pfizer today. I’m really curious why more talking heads aren’t addressing Messenger RNA.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 16
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up