ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 31
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Media Center>Disney+: WandaVision
keg in kc 05:06 PM 09-21-2020
I didn't think I wanted to watch this. Then the trailer premiered last night.

[Reply]
Buehler445 11:43 AM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
I don't know if anybody noticed but I like how each magic user we have seen has different effects to their magic. Dr Strange's is geometric shapes because he is at heart an analytical person. Agatha's is smoky and wispy because she is a manipulator. Wandas is deep red and bright because her magic is uncontrolled and fueled by her emotions.
Good stuff.
[Reply]
Mennonite 02:12 PM 02-27-2021
So is this typical Disney comic book stuff or does it get weird like Unedited Footage of a Bear?
[Reply]
Valiant 05:57 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Man, the Olsen twins sure turned out weird. They've both got this pained facial expression all the time. Look at the difference between them and Elizabeth. They both look like a guilty dog that just shit on the carpet in the other room.
Fame, money, drugs and killing ledger and murphy ****ed them up.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:36 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
My main gripe, if you want to call it that, was that something about the narrative kept me acutely aware OF the narrative.

Specifically, most of the way through the trip through doors to Wanda's past had me thinking of lines from A Christmas Carol and It's a Wonderful Life [Merry Christmas, you wonderful old Building and Loan!].

Then, when they get to SWORD facilities, they switch from the narrator/observer to a straight cinematic audience POV to send Wanda to Westview and The Event. And I spent that time wondering how we were going to get back to the narrator/observer of Wanda and Agatha, . . . and they just . . . did.

Also drawing me out, why did Wanda's parents have VHS in a suitcase and a tiny TV, then turn around and break out DVDs, which barely existed as a format when her parents died? And then with Malcolm in the Middle on VHS, that was a show that didn't air until after her parents were killed.
I missed that I thought it was The Dick VanDyke Show. Hmmmm.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:36 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
I missed that I thought it was The Dick VanDyke Show. Hmmmm.
Never mind - you mean in the suite case. My bad - yes I remember now.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:57 PM 02-27-2021
DVD players were first on the market in March 1997. I bought one in April 1997 at The Good Guys in Los Angeles and began to slowly build a now 500 DVD/Blu Ray Empire, which is basically totally worthless since I can stream everything I own with a million times better render and resolution.

The year is 2023 and Wanda is 32 years old. She was 10 years old when her country was attacked, so she was born in 1991. By 2001, DVD's where everywhere, especially on the Black Market.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:05 PM 02-27-2021
So what are the guesses on who the big reveal will be next week, actor and character wise? At this point I feel it's inevitable Doctor Strange gets involved, but I don't feel he's the person they've been teasing. There has been some talk about Marvel not wanting to introduce Mephisto as the big bad due to possible backlash from China, but I still feel like it's him. Maybe it ends up being Nightmare as sort of a consolation, but Mephisto feels right to me. But as for who plays him.....no idea. Mark Hamill would be hilarious and awesome and would play to both Olsen and Bettany's "Luke Skywalker" level surprise they're promising, but no idea on who it could be. I'll shit bricks if it ends up being any of the Fox X-Men, but that possibility seems to be less and less?

Either way, I've really enjoyed this show and what they're building in the MCU, and I'm looking forward to the reveal.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:54 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
So what are the guesses on who the big reveal will be next week, actor and character wise? At this point I feel it's inevitable Doctor Strange gets involved, but I don't feel he's the person they've been teasing. There has been some talk about Marvel not wanting to introduce Mephisto as the big bad due to possible backlash from China, but I still feel like it's him. Maybe it ends up being Nightmare as sort of a consolation, but Mephisto feels right to me. But as for who plays him.....no idea. Mark Hamill would be hilarious and awesome and would play to both Olsen and Bettany's "Luke Skywalker" level surprise they're promising, but no idea on who it could be. I'll shit bricks if it ends up being any of the Fox X-Men, but that possibility seems to be less and less?

Either way, I've really enjoyed this show and what they're building in the MCU, and I'm looking forward to the reveal.
From Bettany hints it's either Ian Mckellen or Anthony Hopkins
[Reply]
Stryker 11:55 PM 02-27-2021
Absolutely incredible series! Loving it!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:31 AM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
From Bettany hints it's either Ian Mckellen or Anthony Hopkins
From the most recent episode [and the wording of his previous statement :-)], speculation is;

Spoiler!

[Reply]
arrowheadnation 02:17 AM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Man, the Olsen twins sure turned out weird. They've both got this pained facial expression all the time. Look at the difference between them and Elizabeth. They both look like a guilty dog that just shit on the carpet in the other room.
I know that one of them (Ashley I think) has incurable lyme disease. She always looks pretty sickly.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:18 AM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
I know that one of them (Ashley I think) has incurable lyme disease. She always looks pretty sickly.
Jesus. That’s rough.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:20 PM 02-28-2021
So what are the guesses on who the big reveal will be next week, actor and character wise?

While I think it would be super cool, I'm not so certain that the "Big Bad" will be revealed in this series, especially considering it was originally slated to be the third series, not the first.

It would be kind of weird in a way if the Phase 4 villain is revealed yet not spoken of in The Falcon & Winter Soldier, Black Widow, The Eternals, Loki, etc.

With that in mind, I'm half-expecting Director Hayward to be either a Skrull working secretly for Nick Fury or for Hayward to be Loki in disguise.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:40 PM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
While I think it would be super cool, I'm not so certain that the "Big Bad" will be revealed in this series, especially considering it was originally slated to be the third series, not the first.

It would be kind of weird in a way if the Phase 4 villain is revealed yet not spoken of in The Falcon & Winter Soldier, Black Widow, The Eternals, Loki, etc.

With that in mind, I'm half-expecting Director Hayward to be either a Skrull working secretly for Nick Fury or for Hayward to be Loki in disguise.
I'm expecting a reveal like when we saw Thanos for the first time - a quick turnaround and a grin type of thing.

I could see the Skrull angle, and would set up nicely for things to come.
[Reply]
Fish 02:32 PM 02-28-2021

Up until the last 2 episodes I thought for sure it was Mephisto. But now I'm not so sure. I agree with Dane, that this might be it. Outside of a brief hero cameo maybe. Feels like they're really trying to have Agatha be the closer for the season. But, man who knows. They've be fooling me the whole season. There's definitely something more happening on the grand scheme of things, but I'm starting to doubt how much we'll see of that this season...
[Reply]
Page 22 of 31
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Up