ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2017 of 2683
« First < 1017151719171967200720132014201520162017 20182019202020212027206721172517 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:44 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by GoForIt:
You can take this for what its worth from a Bucs fan but the Chiefs offense is very limited after Hill and Kelce. Your 3 and 4 options are WR are not good. The Oline I would imagine would be better when healthy but the defense is barely average. The secondary is pretty awful with Breeland being a liability and the LBs are not very good either. I would think Patrick would benefit greatly from an improved D and a decent option at the 3rd WR spot.
If we’re gonna get called PI on uncatchable passes, then yeah our secondary is bad in a hurry. Think that would apply to most, actually.

When Sammy Watkins was healthy it had a transformative effect on our offense - especially with Fisher and Schwartz in as tackles. We can overcome most defenses even with a hobbled line and Watkins hobbled, but credit where credit is due - yours was not one where we could make that happen.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:44 PM 02-27-2021
You can take this for what its worth from a Bucs fan but the Chiefs offense is very limited after Hill and Kelce. Your 3 and 4 options are WR are not good. The Oline I would imagine would be better when healthy but the defense is barely average. The secondary is pretty awful with Breeland being a liability and the LBs are not very good either. I would think Patrick would benefit greatly from an improved D and a decent option at the 3rd WR spot.
The offense tends to not work when the entire offensive line is wiped out by injuries.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 02:51 PM 02-27-2021
Don't feed the trollololols
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:56 PM 02-27-2021
Name me all the top 5 offenses after losing their best two weapons.

Go.
[Reply]
Coogs 03:11 PM 02-27-2021
Won 26 out of 27. Injuries and penalty flags. Shit happens. We don't need a complete overhaul of the roster.
[Reply]
GoForIt 03:16 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Name me all the top 5 offenses after losing their best two weapons.

Go.
Exactly my point.
[Reply]
PBFAN 09:18 AM 02-28-2021
Watching replays of LV (it’s enjoyable for me, I know it’s not for KC fans). I keep learning new things:
The Chiefs OL performance is a wicked lame excuse. Firstly, for the linemen who aren’t 1st stringers, they’re still professional football players - elite football
players at that. Secondly, they played ok, but Mahomes just took too much time to throw, often because of the excellent Bucs coverage. Also, Mahomes just hasn’t got the pocket presence of a Brady, he needs to learn how to move up into the pocket and avoid rushers; he gets too nervous and wants to do these crazy sideways scrambles which rarely go well (I’d compare him more to Tarkenton). Don’t blame the OL, they didn’t cause the beatdown.

The refs called a good game. Replays all showed Chiefs penalties were correct, Romo even acknowledged this. Chiefs DBs hold, on almost every play. It almost looks like they’re coached to do this. Then they whine when the flag comes out. I saw many KC holds that were missed by the zebras - this cost TB probably 7 to 10 pts. Penalties weren’t a factor in the blowout.

The “helmet hitting passes” weren’t “drops”. Both Hill and Williams had Bucs DBs arms/hands in there faces. Have you ever tried catching a football humming along at God knows what mph while getting “screened”? These weren’t drops, they were great D. So drops didn’t cause the rout.

“It was all Britt’s fault”!!! What??? If anything had Andy preoccupied it was likely his next meal, he has had enough time spent dealing with his no-good sons, and probably stopped caring years ago. So don’t blame Britt, Andy just sucks in big games, look at the data.

The Chiefs lost to a better team that exposed them as soft. Other teams took note I’m sure, and will take it to the Chiefs next season. Teams don’t recover after SB loses to Brady - the data is clear on this. Mahomes is essentially the next Goff. Take time to watch the replay. I’m sure you’ll see that I’m spot on.

Enjoy the game!
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:39 AM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by PBFAN:
Watching replays of LV (it’s enjoyable for me, I know it’s not for KC fans). I keep learning new things:
The Chiefs OL performance is a wicked lame excuse. Firstly, for the linemen who aren’t 1st stringers, they’re still professional football players - elite football
players at that. Secondly, they played ok, but Mahomes just took too much time to throw, often because of the excellent Bucs coverage. Also, Mahomes just hasn’t got the pocket presence of a Brady, he needs to learn how to move up into the pocket and avoid rushers; he gets too nervous and wants to do these crazy sideways scrambles which rarely go well (I’d compare him more to Tarkenton). Don’t blame the OL, they didn’t cause the beatdown.

The refs called a good game. Replays all showed Chiefs penalties were correct, Romo even acknowledged this. Chiefs DBs hold, on almost every play. It almost looks like they’re coached to do this. Then they whine when the flag comes out. I saw many KC holds that were missed by the zebras - this cost TB probably 7 to 10 pts. Penalties weren’t a factor in the blowout.

The “helmet hitting passes” weren’t “drops”. Both Hill and Williams had Bucs DBs arms/hands in there faces. Have you ever tried catching a football humming along at God knows what mph while getting “screened”? These weren’t drops, they were great D. So drops didn’t cause the rout.

“It was all Britt’s fault”!!! What??? If anything had Andy preoccupied it was likely his next meal, he has had enough time spent dealing with his no-good sons, and probably stopped caring years ago. So don’t blame Britt, Andy just sucks in big games, look at the data.

The Chiefs lost to a better team that exposed them as soft. Other teams took note I’m sure, and will take it to the Chiefs next season. Teams don’t recover after SB loses to Brady - the data is clear on this. Mahomes is essentially the next Goff. Take time to watch the replay. I’m sure you’ll see that I’m spot on.

Enjoy the game!
Trollololololol . . . . . lolollololllll.

This is such an epically stupid take that I don’t even know where to begin. Nah, fuck it, not gonna waste my time attempting to talk football with someone that’s clearly here just to troll, so will leave it at this;

Bucs are an 11-5 wildcard team that got hot at the right time. No different than the Giants teams from a few years back that knocked off Brady and the Pats. Pats were always the better team, but any given Sunday. Just like the Chiefs were last year. Enjoy your half season of success. It won’t last. Your team is old and and aging at key spots. We will be back in the Bowl next year. Your team will not.

Congratulations for posting the dumbest take on ChiefsPlanet so far in 2021. You’re officially part of history now.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:49 AM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by PBFAN:

Enjoy the game!
Hey, glad you stopped by! Hope you enjoyed your stay, we'll call you next time.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:02 PM 02-28-2021

Mahomes Magic will be back before you know it! pic.twitter.com/gwKBNs2pwM

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) February 28, 2021

[Reply]
RealSNR 05:08 PM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Hey, glad you stopped by! Hope you enjoyed your stay, we'll call you next time.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
JohnnyV13 07:10 PM 02-28-2021
I can see where you come to this opinion from the Super Bowl. However, you're completely wrong about the KC secondary.

KC's secondary is really quite good, which drove their no. 6 defensive ranking against the pass in 2020. They absolutely blanketed Bills receivers in the AFC championship (Chris Simms has a very good video on this).

So, what happened in the Super Bowl?

1) Brady got the best protection of any QB in SB history. That's supported by the only 4 times he was pressured by later film examination. Brady faced less percentage of pressure than ANY QB IN SB HISTORY. Give Brady a quality receiving corps like the Bucs have and that protection, and he'll torch any secondary.

I don't care if you have Deion Sanders and Revis Island at corners, he'd still torch that D because Brady would find the mismatch with that much time.

2) The refs gifted TB with VERY favorable PI calls. That's not just Chiefs partisans saying that. Terry McAulay torched the calls in the SB, saying that they were completely out of line with how PI was called all season and in the NFC championship game. McAulay wasn't an "average" ref btw. He officiated 3 Super Bowls and 7 Conference Championship games bf retirement in 2017. In particular, he blasted the PI call that took away Brady's interception.

3) As others have mentioned, Sammy Watkins is the 3rd option, and he wasn't healthy this year. Look at the Chiefs prior two playoff runs, where Watkins produced big numbers bc everyone was focused on Hill and Kelce. And yeah, Hardman and DeMarcus Robinson just didn't get it done in the SB.

4) Yeah, the LBs are the weakness on D. But, KC's most athletic linebacker missed the game (Willie Gay).

What produced Tampa's blowout win was the perfect storm of injuries, favorable penalty calls, the fortuitous match between KC's injury weakened line with TB's strength, and a meh game plan from the Chiefs. That wasn't Reid at his best.
[Reply]
GoForIt 07:19 PM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by JohnnyV13:
Brady got the best protection of any QB in SB history. That's supported by the only 4 times he was pressured by later film examination. Brady faced less percentage of pressure than ANY QB IN SB HISTORY. Give Brady a quality receiving corps like the Bucs have and that protection, and he'll torch any secondary.
No doubt. Dan Orlovsky said mid-season that Brady is still the best QB in the game when he has time. Bucs went to more max protect after their bye in week 12 and Brady was red hot right through to the chip and SB MVP.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:26 PM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:36 PM 02-28-2021
No doubt. Dan Orlovsky said mid-season that Brady is still the best QB in the game when he has time. Bucs went to more max protect after their bye in week 12 and Brady was red hot right through to the chip and SB MVP.
Dan said Mahomes is
[Reply]
Page 2017 of 2683
« First < 1017151719171967200720132014201520162017 20182019202020212027206721172517 > Last »
Up