ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 42
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Media Center>Stranger Things (Netflix)...
unlurking 09:25 AM 06-10-2016
This looks great...

[Reply]
SAUTO 08:12 PM 08-09-2016
Every one wore them in high school
[Reply]
listopencil 09:20 PM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Every one wore them in high school
I wore maypops. My mom tried getting me the more expensive shoes and I would just wear them out within six months, often less than six months. So she just got me a new cheap pair a few times every year.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:19 PM 08-09-2016
I had heard that this was a well done show. Stayed out of this thread until I finished the show.

I was leaving my teen years and into early adulthood in the 80's. So there is some nostalgia with the series. Yes, I remember those canned pudding's too. The tennis shoes and hair etc.

I thought the first half of the season was more well done than the 2nd half. Some of the acting was really poor and some was damn good. Lots of holes in the story but this isn't suppose to be cinematic art. Its just a little fun series and it delivered. I'll watch season 2.
[Reply]
frankotank 07:28 AM 08-10-2016
Originally Posted by hometeam:
I totally skipped over every post in this thread to make sure no spoilers.

Just finished episode 1, I think i might like this
oh yeah! you will! you'll be getting a new tattoo! :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:51 AM 08-10-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I wore maypops. My mom tried getting me the more expensive shoes and I would just wear them out within six months, often less than six months. So she just got me a new cheap pair a few times every year.
You want childhood trauma, the only 'expensive' pair of shoes I owned until I started lobbying for good soccer cleats in middle school were orthotics with a special insole for flat feet and a special heel for splay feet [the opposite of pigeon toes].

Brown wing tips, . . . in grade school, in the 1970s.

I SHIT U NOT.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 08:42 AM 08-10-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
You want childhood trauma, the only 'expensive' pair of shoes I owned until I started lobbying for good soccer cleats in middle school were orthotics with a special insole for flat feet and a special heel for splay feet [the opposite of pigeon toes].

I SHIT U NOT.
Run, Forrest, run!!!

Keds, run faster, jump higher. Then on to Chuck Taylor All Stars.

Fucking wing tips. Every Sunday I had to work my wide feet into those shoes.

Every pair of dress shoes I look at to this day makes me think of those early Sunday AM wakeup call from upstairs, that we were all going to the 0615 mass.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:40 PM 08-10-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

I SHIT U NOT.
Heh, you don't want to get into a childhood trauma competition with me. I had to wear moccasins at one point.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:51 PM 08-10-2016
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Run, Forrest, run!!!
Heh, looking back I had all the stigma of an invalid Forrest without any of the enlightened pity. The shoes were just ugly. Even though they were prescription, there was nothing to suggest they were medical. No leg braces or clunky boots. Just uggo shoes with a lump in the arch of the insole and a chunk beveled off the heel to promote turning my feet inward.

Irony was, when I started playing soccer, my gait was probably one of my biggest natural assets. My feet naturally strike the ball in the manner that best promotes accurate passing.
[Reply]
Hamwallet 05:42 PM 08-12-2016
Just finished it up. Pretty damn entertaining. Looking forward to the next season.
[Reply]
hometeam 07:42 AM 08-13-2016
through episode 4 now, my guess is not shit is going to be resolved by the end of the season
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:16 AM 08-13-2016
Heh, you don't want to get into a childhood trauma competition with me. I had to wear moccasins at one point.
So you had shoes.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:52 AM 08-13-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
So you had shoes.
You try to tell young folk nowadays, they won't believe ya.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:59 AM 08-13-2016
Speaking of 'moccasins' and 'one point,' I had to go to 2 weeks of my senior year, including MARCHING BAND practice in these

Think I've told the story before, but they made me and a co-worker take the fry grease out to the recycling while it was still hot.

Would have been fine, except the co-worker got a little fidgety towards the end and splashed a couple drops of oil onto his arm. This was enough to provoke him to drop his side completely and 'run for zee hills.' I'd have been fine as well except it soaked my shoes and socks, resulting in severe 2nd degree [luckily not 3rd] burns on the top of both feet. They say I kicked my work shoes about 30 yards.
[Reply]
Hamwallet 09:14 AM 08-13-2016
Originally Posted by hometeam:
through episode 4 now, my guess is not shit is going to be resolved by the end of the season
It's wrapped up for the most part. They where not sure if they would get a second season so no big cliffhangers. It's been so popular they are already working on season 2 though.
[Reply]
Miles 11:01 PM 08-13-2016
My listening to New Order has gone from none to a lot lately because of this series.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 42
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up