ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 286
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
In58men 10:19 PM 01-09-2014
The wife and I are going to watch Line Survivor tomorrow. Can't wait.
[Reply]
MrNightly 10:36 PM 01-09-2014
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Okay:

I need suggestions for family friendly movies that aren't the typical animated Pixar stuff because my kids have seen all of those. Things along the lines of Jumanji, Ghostbusters, Willow, Star Wars, The Hobbit, Harry Potter, etc...

I'd prefer movies with enough complexity to keep adults entertained, but they've got to be off the beaten path a bit. Classics with some artistic merit are preferred. We're talking a mature (too mature) 6 year old and a 9 year old here. The Hobbit is about as far as I'll go with the six year old as far as adult themes, and I caved on that one in a moment of weakness (I wanted to see the damned thing too, and I figured letting him see it was my best bet).

Some others they've enjoyed lately:
Escape to Witch Mountain
The Last Mimzy
Air Bud and all the "buddy" movies (groan, I can't stand watching these).

I'm thinking I may hit up all the Miyazaki movies soon. They saw Ponyo when they were younger, but I think they'd like all of them. My older child is obsessed with movies (like on the verge of Asperger's obsessed), so I'd like for him to at least watch stuff that isn't total shit, as he'll sit there and watch Super Buddies, Air Bud, Santa Buddies, and that dreck over and over if I let him, which causes no end of fights about what we're going to watch on family movie nights.
My girls (9 and 7) love the following:

- Aliens in the Attic (Pretty good flick for kids! I typically sit down and watch it with them when it's on!)
- The Spiderwick Chronicles
- Monster House

I'll think of some others, but those are all ones I can enjoy too with them.
[Reply]
MrNightly 10:39 PM 01-09-2014
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Good ones. Here are a few more.

Big (Tom Hanks)
Parent Trap (Lindsay Lohan)
Stardust
The Last Starfighter
Dragonslayer
Stardust is one of my fav's. Whenever I was dating a new chick, I'd make her watch that one to see if she cut the mustard :-)

Best Cartoon Ever? Hoodwinked.

Best SlapStick? Johnny English! Got to watch annually just for laughs and to put me in a better mood.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:41 PM 01-09-2014
My kids 11 and 9 love the Percy Jackson flicks
[Reply]
kcxiv 07:10 AM 01-10-2014
Escape Plan with Sly, Arnie and Jim Cavaziel is pretty damned good. Cavaziel plays a jackass on the movie. He did a damned good job.
[Reply]
Fairplay 04:22 PM 01-11-2014
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
The wife and I are going to watch Line Survivor tomorrow. Can't wait.

I watched all the seasons of survivor.
[Reply]
Fairplay 04:24 PM 01-11-2014
Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja:
Escape Plan with Sly, Arnie and Jim Cavaziel is pretty damned good. Cavaziel plays a jackass on the movie. He did a damned good job.

I'll have to watch that.

Anyone know if Wolverine is worth the rental?
[Reply]
Pablo 04:29 PM 01-11-2014
Saw Dallas Buyer's Club last night.

McConaughey's best work I'd have to believe.

I would recommend it.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 04:48 PM 01-11-2014
Originally Posted by Fairplay:
I'll have to watch that.

Surprisingly, it's actually pretty good. Not great, but if you like super hero movies, it's a good rental.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:53 PM 01-11-2014
I assume you've already watched this one, but How to Train Your Dragon was outstanding.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 04:54 PM 01-11-2014
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Saw Dallas Buyer's Club last night.

McConaughey's best work I'd have to believe.

I would recommend it.
Definitely a good movie, and I think he gave a better performance than even in Mud.

Crazy this is Leto's 1st movie in like 4 or 5 years. I always liked him as an actor, and think Lord of War was an underappreciated flick. Also good in Fight Club.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 08:51 PM 01-11-2014
I'll have to watch that.

It was. It wasn't perfect, but it was character-focused and there was a mystery element to it, which was a nice touch. Go for it.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:17 PM 01-11-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Definitely a good movie, and I think he gave a better performance than even in Mud.

Crazy this is Leto's 1st movie in like 4 or 5 years. I always liked him as an actor, and think Lord of War was an underappreciated flick. Also good in Fight Club.
Yeah, he did a marvelous job.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:20 AM 01-12-2014
I'll have to watch that.

I'd recommend it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:22 AM 01-12-2014
Finally watched Jack Reacher (it's on prime if anyone wants to catch it free.)

I thought it was really fucking good. Solid performances by all, even Cruise, and man it has been a long time since I've watched an action flick in which I didn't know what was going to happen.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 286
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Up