ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 93 of 219
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143193 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Science is Cool....
Fish 09:43 PM 05-21-2012
This is a repository for all cool scientific discussion and fascination. Scientific facts, theories, and overall cool scientific stuff that you'd like to share with others. Stuff that makes you smile and wonder at the amazing shit going on around us, that most people don't notice.

Post pictures, vidoes, stories, or links. Ask questions. Share science.

Why should I care?:

[Reply]
hometeam 06:44 PM 02-17-2014
Aturnis.

You can see he concentrated on the reporting party - Leaf Science - instead of the people who did the study.. the university science department.

BTW since this is the science thread, you can bet your ass that study will be peer reviewed before claiming anything but theory.

So why we so mad?
[Reply]
Donger 09:30 PM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by aturnis:
Let me know when someone claims it cures those things.
Bump did once.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:32 PM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by Donger:
Bump did once.
You should skip that guys posts entirely, like most people do.
[Reply]
Donger 09:37 PM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by Pablo:
:-)

Anyway, back to the science.
[Reply]
aturnis 09:44 PM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Troll
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 10:11 PM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
This is a science thread. I thought we are a little more precise than what we are when we talk about in here. I prefaced my comments with I know its quibbling.

I think most people were not even aware a Barrycenter exists.

[Reply]
J Diddy 10:13 PM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by Donger:
Well, I do accept that THC has some "medicinal value," so I don't see what is so funny.

Do I think that it cures cancer? No.

Do I think that it could "cure" AIDs? No. At least not until the findings of the above stoners are confirmed by a slightly less biased outfit.
It cures the fuck out of violence. Nothing after a hit but cheetohs and a grin.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 06:54 AM 02-18-2014
I'm surprised Donger still lives in Colorado.
[Reply]
tiptap 07:49 AM 02-18-2014
Originally Posted by Fish:
Well that's the point where the gravitational forces even out with relation to the masses. Planets don't have circular orbits, they're elliptical, and because of that a planet with decent mass compared to it's star can tug the star like the gif image above. The link in that post explains it better than I'm able.

The fact that there is a barrycenter, is how we detect planets in other far away galaxies. We look for that little wobble in the parent star, indicating that a planet is tugging at it.
Earlier you said that the sun "orbits" the barycenter of the universe. Technically no object has to orbit another. You also can fall into the object or you can escape the orbit as well though not the gravitational force altogether. And since the barycenter of the universe is a mathematical grid/measurement starting point, it is arbitrary to what mass is being included. And can wildly swing as the result. Bary-anything is just an attempt to put a ruler, a grid to deal extend the "algebra" to the situation under investigation.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 08:37 PM 02-18-2014
Best Science post yet!

Kate Upton in Zero G

http://bcove.me/kooxn80z

Cant figure out how to embed it

In a video taken during the shoot on March 18, 2013, Upton can be seen floating through the air as photographers and the crew work to capture the model posing gracefully on the other side of the aircraft. The magazine unveiled the photos online and announced them via Twitter @SI_Swimsuit.

"One small step for swimsuit, one giant leap for mankind," someone adapting astronaut Neil Armstrong's famous words as he stepped on the surface of the moon for the first time, said at the end of the Sports Illustrated video.

ZERO-G passengers experience weightlessness as pilots flying the company's modified Boeing 727 fly in parabolic arcs while thousands of feet above Earth's surface. As the plane tilts its nose and flies on the downslope of the parabola, passengers experience about 30 seconds of weightlessness at a time. For Upton's shoot, the company flew a series of 13 weightless parabolas and four parabolas imitating lunar gravity, according to ZERO-G.

Upton floated through the plane in gold and white two-pieces and a gold lamé zip-up one piece. She also posed in droplets of weightless water while floating upside down in the plane for the magazine's 50th swimsuit issue. The weightless shoot was four years in the making, according to a passengerheard speaking in the Sports Illustrated video.

Model Kate Upton Floats in Weightlessness #2
Pin It Model Kate Upton floats in weightlessness during a photo shoot for Sports Illustrated's 2014 swimsuit issue. Image uploaded Feb. 18, 2014.
Credit: Sports IllustratedView full size image
"So yeah, this happened," Sports Illustrated representatives posted on Twitter from the @SI_Swimsuit profile today.

Upton isn't the only celebrity to fly in ZERO-G's unique brand of weightlessness. Sir Richard Branson, the billionaire founder of commercial spaceflight company Virgin Galactic, took a ZERO-G flight with his family recently. Branson flew with ZERO-G in order to get a taste of weightlessness before Virgin Galactic's suborbital vehicle SpaceShipTwo makes its expected debut later in 2014.
[Reply]
Fish 08:58 PM 02-18-2014
Originally Posted by tiptap:
Earlier you said that the sun "orbits" the barycenter of the universe. Technically no object has to orbit another. You also can fall into the object or you can escape the orbit as well though not the gravitational force altogether. And since the barycenter of the universe is a mathematical grid/measurement starting point, it is arbitrary to what mass is being included. And can wildly swing as the result. Bary-anything is just an attempt to put a ruler, a grid to deal extend the "algebra" to the situation under investigation.
Yes, you're right. When I said the sun orbited the barrycenter of the universe, I meant that it orbited the barrycenter of just our solar system. I said it right the first few times, but confused "Universe" with "Solar system" in the post with the gifs. I meant the total center of mass of the planets in our solar system. Not the entire universe.

Technically, I also referenced the barrycenter of the Sun-Jupiter as well, which is different than the planet center of mass as it just compared the masses of two bodies.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:17 PM 02-18-2014
Everyone know the future of secure communications is using Quantum theories. The problem has been that only scientific labs or huge businesses have enough quantum memory to run the math to encrypt and decrypt.

Now they have figured out a way to not use quantum memory.

http://phys.org/news/2014-02-quantum...-memories.html

[Reply]
Donger 09:18 PM 02-18-2014
And I thought Hawking going on the comet was cool...
[Reply]
Fish 09:35 PM 02-18-2014
Hell yeah, gurl...

[Reply]
Donger 09:36 PM 02-18-2014
Originally Posted by Fish:
Hell yeah, gurl...

:-)
[Reply]
Page 93 of 219
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143193 > Last »
Up