ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 207
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:10 PM 11-01-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Sure. A 110lb college freshman girl.
You pounded any lately?
[Reply]
KCTitus 04:46 PM 11-01-2017
Originally Posted by OmahaChief:
Agree with this. Personally, I prefer Makers over Pappy for taste. As I mentioned below Eagle Rare is outstanding. ER 10 is my daily drinker and has a great depth of flavor. I like my bourbon a touch sweet so it is perfect for me.
Makers over Pappy, yet an Eagle Rare drinker? odd...

Popped my bourbon cherry with Eagle and Pappy...I thought Pappy was smoother than Eagle but have since achieved a palate to appreciate the sweetness and smoothness of both. Makers is ok, but not in this class...frankly Buffalo Trace's 'lowest' bourbon, Buffalo Trace is much better than Makers, Elijah or the Knob.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:12 PM 11-01-2017
Originally Posted by Scooter Libby:
You pounded any lately?
Wild Turkey 101 is great stuff but not lately. I do love it to make stiff cocktails though.

3oz is a normal pour for a cocktail drink for me.

Are you getting drunk on 3oz of 101?
[Reply]
penguinz 05:19 PM 11-01-2017
Did you recently become Mormon?
apent three days in hospital with pancreatitis. My drinking days are over. :-(
[Reply]
lewdog 05:23 PM 11-01-2017
Originally Posted by penguinz:
apent three days in hospital with pancreatitis. My drinking days are over. :-(
Pancreatitis can be caused by alcoholism but..........

Forever no drinking? Like not even one drink on a weekend or something?

/Do you have bottles you'd like to sell me? :-)
[Reply]
phisherman 08:57 PM 11-01-2017
Originally Posted by penguinz:
I would take makers over pappy and wheated bourbons are low on my preference list.
Both Maker's and Pappy are wheated bourbons.

Honestly though, if you prefer Maker's over any of the Pappy bottlings, I'd say you simply don't like your bourbon with heavy oak character, which Pappy will definitely have.

Pappy isn't the end all-be all of bourbons by any means, but it is certainly more complex and flavorful than Maker's. Any Pappy bottling has also spent a lot longer in the barrel than any bottling of Maker's.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:31 PM 11-02-2017
Pancreatitis can be caused by alcoholism but..........

Forever no drinking? Like not even one drink on a weekend or something?

/Do you have bottles you'd like to sell me? :-)
Supposed to avoid it because once you have an attack it is easily triggered again by drinking. Multiple attacks can lead to Type 3 Diabetes so I am not going to risk it.

May just have to move to Colorado.
[Reply]
O.city 08:41 PM 11-02-2017
It's not bourbon but the girls at my office got me a bottle of 18 year Glenmorangie. Very tasty.

I'm trying to build my scotch repertoire. Got s few nice bottles thus far but my macallan rare cask is probably my highest thus far

I play golf with a guy that's a higher up in oreilly auto parts and had a 30 year macallan at the club. Bastard wouldn't share
[Reply]
TinyEvel 11:40 PM 11-02-2017
Thoughts on Wild Turkey?
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 11:55 PM 11-02-2017
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Thoughts on Wild Turkey?
Get a 30 oz. tumbler, fill with ice, fill 3/4 full of 101, top off with water, and serve.
[Reply]
penguinz 06:38 AM 11-03-2017
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
Get a 30 oz. tumbler, fill with ice, fill 3/4 full of 101, top off with water, and serve.
This minus the ice and water!:-)
[Reply]
BigOlChiefsfan 09:08 AM 11-03-2017
Wild Turkey 101 is a danged fine 'daily pour' bourbon. These days it's no longer an 'age statement' bottle (used to be 7 years in the not too distant past) but is usually 'mingled' from some older, some younger whiskey until it hit's a sweet taste spot. If you're making a mixed drink, an old fashioned etc...a great starting point.

I can't speak to the Wild Turkey 86 proof - I'm not a fan of lower proof boubon. With that in mind I will say that I prefer to spend a little more and buy Wild Turkey Rare Breed, which usually markets @ 117 proof or so. I buy mine @ Costco/MO - best price I've found yet. As part of my constant diet, I only get one drink per day, and when you're only having one - have a good one, as the kids say.
[Reply]
OmahaChief 03:02 PM 11-03-2017
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
Makers over Pappy, yet an Eagle Rare drinker? odd...

Popped my bourbon cherry with Eagle and Pappy...I thought Pappy was smoother than Eagle but have since achieved a palate to appreciate the sweetness and smoothness of both. Makers is ok, but not in this class...frankly Buffalo Trace's 'lowest' bourbon, Buffalo Trace is much better than Makers, Elijah or the Knob.
Yeah, I am not sure what exactly it is. I have mostly had Pappy 15. I don't like the start I think is the issue, it starts a little bitter to me. For some reason Maker's hits the spot for me. When looking at them by cost, Makers is just a better buy for in regard to my palate. Eagle 17 is my favorite but I have not been able to get my hands on a bottle in some time. I do enjoy Buffalo Trace as well.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:10 PM 11-03-2017
Drinking Jack Daniels tonight. How was this ever considered a good whiskey?
[Reply]
ILChief 08:20 PM 11-03-2017
Blanton's is the best
[Reply]
Page 59 of 207
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Up