ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 207
« First < 364243444546 474849505696146 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
lewdog 08:25 PM 01-20-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
About a third of Tuesday's too.
You're a legend.

Also, remind me to never take my car to you on Wednesday's.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:28 PM 01-20-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Every time?

I mean I'll get hammered every now and then but hate next day so much now that it's only occasional.
I save my drinking for the nights that I know I'm gonna tie one on.

Never one to have a beer or two after work. Usually just wait until the weekend and have a dozen.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:34 PM 01-20-2017
You're a legend.

Also, remind me to never take my car to you on Wednesday's.
An hour in the hyperbaric chamber and I never feel it most times. Plus if I go on Tuesday I get there early, bullshit with all the old retired guys (glad hand a little), hit it hard, hang until pool league (I don't enter) is about half over, bull shit with a bunch of buddy's, then go home just after your bed time.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:35 PM 01-20-2017
But I limit it to one night a weekend, and not every weekend.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 09:35 PM 01-20-2017
Had some Elijah Craig 12 Small Batch with a steak for dinner. Now I'm enjoying a glass of Corsair Triple Smoke (not bourbon, I know). If you like smoke, Islays, etc. it's an excellent dram.

[Reply]
lewdog 06:13 PM 02-02-2017
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
Yeah...I would not recommend that with a cigar. Someone recommended it to me years ago and I got a bottle. After it was finished I wished I would have just bought 3 bottles of Buffalo Trace.

I cannot get BT around here anymore, it sells too quick. Forget trying to find a bottle of Pappy...sigh
Oh shit, it's bottle kill Thursday here.

I'll probably go pick up another Buffalo Trace at my local grocery store tomorrow.

Cheers!

[Reply]
KCTitus 07:57 PM 02-02-2017
Oh shit, it's bottle kill Thursday here.

I'll probably go pick up another Buffalo Trace at my local grocery store tomorrow.

Cheers!

As long as you drink a glass to me, I'm good...it really pisses me off that I cant just stroll into my government controlled liquor store and pick up a bottle, but alas, they're fuck ups...we NEED more Buffalo Trace in this bidge!
[Reply]
lewdog 07:17 PM 02-10-2017
It was hot today. So had the bourbon over a giant ice cube. The theory is that is cools the bourbon but won't melt as fast, and thus dilute the bourbon, like standard ice cubes.

[Reply]
KCUnited 07:49 PM 02-10-2017

My mom, right, she confiscated my turntables. W-w-wickity wack! And uh, but it’s all good cuz when she confiscated the turntables, she PUT THE MOTHAFUCKAS IN THE LIQUOR CABINET… Thinkin’ that “oooh there’s a place that the J to the R-O-C won’t look” yeah put it with the liquor. That’s where I aint gonna find them motherfuckers! It’s aight, she go to bed at 10 o'clock and we just bust out the turntables like before right, and a potato sack, AND BUST DOWN THE MALL!
[Reply]
lewdog 06:40 PM 03-07-2017
Originally Posted by KCUnited:

My mom, right, she confiscated my turntables. W-w-wickity wack! And uh, but it’s all good cuz when she confiscated the turntables, she PUT THE MOTHAFUCKAS IN THE LIQUOR CABINET… Thinkin’ that “oooh there’s a place that the J to the R-O-C won’t look” yeah put it with the liquor. That’s where I aint gonna find them motherfuckers! It’s aight, she go to bed at 10 o'clock and we just bust out the turntables like before right, and a potato sack, AND BUST DOWN THE MALL!
Wait, how did I miss this?!?!

How's that birthday bourbon? Those aren't easy to find!
[Reply]
lewdog 06:43 PM 03-07-2017
This is good.

[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 10:03 PM 03-07-2017

My mom, right, she confiscated my turntables. W-w-wickity wack! And uh, but it’s all good cuz when she confiscated the turntables, she PUT THE MOTHA****AS IN THE LIQUOR CABINET… Thinkin’ that “oooh there’s a place that the J to the R-O-C won’t look” yeah put it with the liquor. That’s where I aint gonna find them mother****ers! It’s aight, she go to bed at 10 o'clock and we just bust out the turntables like before right, and a potato sack, AND BUST DOWN THE MALL!
Got my dad a bottle of this last year and he let me try it. Really complex taste from what I recall, not my favorite out there, but I can tell why it's sought after.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:09 PM 03-09-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
Got my dad a bottle of this last year and he let me try it. Really complex taste from what I recall, not my favorite out there, but I can tell why it's sought after.
Not always easy to find and AZ really lacks most of the specialty bottles for some reason. I know guys who go to California just to snag bottles of bourbon that are rare because here it's so troublesome to track down here.

KC United, you crack that open yet? I know you aren't a bourbon guy so I'd be curious of your thoughts.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:24 PM 03-09-2017
KC United, you crack that open yet? I know you aren't a bourbon guy so I'd be curious of your thoughts.
Still unopened. I did sample it (neat) at the event that I won the opportunity to buy it back in November. I remember picking some rye and dark fruitiness, but yeah, I definitely don't drink a lot of bourbon so I was likely picking up flavors I've identified in various beers.

I do the same shit with beer though. I go out of my way to pick up all these limited release beers and can never justify the moment for popping it. Part of my 2017 resolution is to a) drink down the bottles that I have and b) drink fresh.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:20 PM 03-09-2017
Still unopened. I did sample it (neat) at the event that I won the opportunity to buy it back in November. I remember picking some rye and dark fruitiness, but yeah, I definitely don't drink a lot of bourbon so I was likely picking up flavors I've identified in various beers.

I do the same shit with beer though. I go out of my way to pick up all these limited release beers and can never justify the moment for popping it. Part of my 2017 resolution is to a) drink down the bottles that I have and b) drink fresh.
Nice resolutions! lol

Do you every drink bourbon neat? It's an acquired taste, kinda like why I still probably don't like IPAs....not enough experience.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 207
« First < 364243444546 474849505696146 > Last »
Up