ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Kansas City rag printed in Des Moines
neech 12:03 AM 02-26-2021
My parents as well as most of my neighbors subscribed to this back in the day, now you're lucky to count on one hand all the subscribers that you know of or at least care to admit it.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — There’s a new real estate listing for one of Kansas City’s most recognizable buildings. For sale or for lease, it’s the building formerly used to print The Kansas City Star newspaper.

The giant building is located at 1601 McGee Street. The newspaper still uses office space at the location but has previously announced its intentions to vacate the building by the end of 2021.

Certain things have already changed. For example, Kansas City Star newspapers are now printed in Des Moines and trucked in to subscribers early in the morning. The last newspaper printed at the building covered Super Bowl Sunday.

Previously reported by the Kansas City Star, the printing transition means 68 full-time and 56 part-time employees were planned to be laid off. These changes came as the Star’s parent company McClatchy filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection one year ago.

https://fox4kc.com/business/with-pri...s-up-for-sale/
[Reply]
Pablo 03:14 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
The land is more valuable than the building. Wouldn't surprise me if they went it and blew it up and build something new from the ground up.
It'll be another apartment complex in about 4 years.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:10 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
It'll be another apartment complex in about 4 years.
It's kind of crazy how the majority of downtown are apartments, way more than I would have thought. So, you're probably right.
[Reply]
scho63 06:19 PM 02-27-2021
Newspapers are dead

My first career after I graduated high school was a union newspaper pressmen.

It was an unbelievable job. Still one of the greatest ever. I made $65-75,000 in 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986 and 1987.

I had so much money at the time it was stupid for a young guy like me.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up