ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 63
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>All alex all the time
Easy 6 09:46 PM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I'd like to get those two really rolling together like Atlanta uses Freeman and Coleman. Just a couple of well balanced runners who run hard as hell and can catch the ball.

This team is going to need a top notch run game to make an AFC Championship under Alex Smith in 2017, along with a top notch defense. Now, if Mahomes becomes as good as many including myself think he could be, it's a whole new level for the Chiefs. The offense could become something it hasn't been in nearly 15 years.
I honestly dont see our guys being quite as dynamic as Atlantas duo

But what our guys lack in explosiveness, they should be be able to make up for with with a grinding, wear you down, kill the clock style... provided Ehingers return is the cure for what ailed us last year

What Alex Smith brings this year, I have no clue... tempted to expect the same old shit because thats how he has mostly played for his entire career

But maybe, just maybe, the writing on the wall spurs him to reach outside of himself and he tries to MAKE plays for once... 'good' Smiff can approach dynamic, we'll see

The pressure will either make him wilt, or make him show off

If he decides to grab his balls, we could have a great year
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:53 PM 05-14-2017
Set up that punter. Bitch!!!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:09 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You like the Mahomes pick, right? You said you do in this thread.

If you're really serious about what you're saying in this conversation regarding Alex's playoff performance, why aren't you against the Mahomes pick and parroting what OldSchool and a few others were after the draft when they were pissed we didn't take Reuben Foster? I don't mean to put words in your mouth, but it would seem that the gist of what you're getting at is an elite ILB who could significantly cut down Bell's YPC that game would have been more helpful to the team than an upgrade at QB.
Because I have faith in the process of talent evaluation by Dorsey and his scouts. And because I think when Mahomes is ready, it's a solid foundation for possibly 12-15 years. Doesn't mean I'm gonna grouse and twiddle my thumbs for the next 1-2 seasons if that's the time table Reid settles on.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:21 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Because I have faith in the process of talent evaluation by Dorsey and his scouts. And because I think when Mahomes is ready, it's a solid foundation for possibly 12-15 years. Doesn't mean I'm gonna grouse and twiddle my thumbs for the next 1-2 seasons if that's the time table Reid settles on.
I don't think anybody will be grousing, even if the team is bad and Alex is underperforming. Drafturbators and true fans alike want this QB to work out. Nobody wants to throw him out there too early.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 07:11 AM 05-15-2017
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I was thinking it would be King strolling in here talking about how Ware didn't show up with his 35 yards on a whopping 8 carries because he couldn't carve through the entire Pittsburgh defense daring the Chiefs NOT to run.

Anyone that wants to come in parading around TOP can go ahead and explain to me what happened between 6:14 to go in the 1st when the Chiefs scored a TD and :15 left in the 3rd when the Chiefs scored their next points. They had 6 possessions in there to get at least 1 FG.
Dropped passes, Jah Reid missed block on someone half his size leads to an INT, and a West fumble that kills a drive to end the half.

You're welcome.

As Dorsey said: " This is Alex Smith's team"
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 07:15 AM 05-15-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
BINGO.

Rushing the QBOTF into action would be premature, stupid, and reckless. This chapter of Alex Smith is not over. We invested money in Jamaal Charles...that ended up being a waste the last 2 seasons. We invested in Bowe...that was a huge mistake. We gave Houston the fattest defensive contract in franchise history...so far that's been a waste with a couple years left to decide his worth. And then there's Maclin...who's given us one great season but just played one of his worst. Of all the big contracts during Dorsey's regime, Smith has been the closest to meeting his value. We've only paid him an average of $14mil/year and he's led us to the 4th best record in the league over that time frame.

Smith has a 2 year window and his efficiency, sack rate, and QBR continue to improve. The pieces around him finally have experience (OL, RB, WR, TE). Time to accept that he's the leader and support this team. No more of this fair weather b.s. from the ignorant folk.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:24 AM 05-15-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Smith has a 2 year window. No more of this fair weather b.s. from the ignorant folk.
You are the ignorant one in this conversation. Name one first round quarterback, other than Aaron Rodgers, who sat the bench for more than one year in the last 15 seasons.
[Reply]
Coogs 07:28 AM 05-15-2017
What if Reid and Dorsey decided Mahomes is ready to go opening day 2017?

We return our entire starting line, WR core, TE, and running backs. The whole frigging offense basically. This wouldn't be like throwing a rookie QB out ther with some expansion quality team like the Browns.

What if Mahomes shows he can handle the playbook good enough to run the team come training camp, and can make the plays this offense has sorely been lacking? Should he still sit just because?
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 07:30 AM 05-15-2017
Originally Posted by Coogs:
What if Reid and Dorsey decided Mahomes is ready to go opening day 2017?

We return our entire starting line, WR core, TE, and running backs. The whole frigging offense basically. This wouldn't be like throwing a rookie QB out ther with some expansion quality team.

What if Mahomes shows he can handle the playbook good enough to run the team come training camp, and can make the plays this offense has sorely been lacking? Should he still sit just because?
He should play. Won't be hard to exceed Smith's practice squad numbers last year...
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:32 AM 05-15-2017
BINGO.

Rushing the QBOTF into action would be premature, stupid, and reckless. This chapter of Alex Smith is not over. We invested money in Jamaal Charles...that ended up being a waste the last 2 seasons. We invested in Bowe...that was a huge mistake. We gave Houston the fattest defensive contract in franchise history...so far that's been a waste with a couple years left to decide his worth. And then there's Maclin...who's given us one great season but just played one of his worst. Of all the big contracts during Dorsey's regime, Smith has been the closest to meeting his value. We've only paid him an average of $14mil/year and he's led us to the 4th best record in the league over that time frame.

Smith has a 2 year window and his efficiency, sack rate, and QBR continue to improve. The pieces around him finally have experience (OL, RB, WR, TE). Time to accept that he's the leader and support this team. No more of this fair weather b.s. from the ignorant folk.

Go eat a bag of dicks you fucking fuck.

You only jumped on the Chiefs bandwagon to follow Alex Smith, if he went anywhere else that would be the team you would be going for not the Chiefs so you are a fraud Chiefs fan.

Alex Smith is as good as gone by next year. Say your goodbyes this is his farewell tour.

There is no rushing a quarterback into playing too soon that is ready to go by the next year if not sooner. You can't rush a guy that is ready and Patrick Mahomes II loves the game of football. His dad is a pro athlete so his pedigree is strong and he has a strong will to succeed so those are all attributes that gives him an edge up to be ready. Mahomes II will be starting 2018 if not any sooner. It's not rushing him when he can handle what is given or earned by the coach.

The Chiefs will not miss Alex Smith 15 touchdown seasons.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:39 AM 05-15-2017
QBR 50-> 56-> 61-> 63.4 (ranked 11th in the league)
Completion % : 60 -> 65 -> 65 -> 67
Total Td's: 19 -> 22 -> 20

He's improving and the numbers show it. And he did so the past 2 years playing against a top 5 strength of schedule
:-)
[Reply]
jd1020 07:48 AM 05-15-2017
Smith has a 2 year window and his efficiency, sack rate, and QBR continue to improve.
Can't argue with that. The offense was pretty ****ing efficient at kicking field goals in the RZ.
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:12 AM 05-15-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Yup... if Smith intends to start somewhere in 2018, he better impress his potential suitors this year

Honestly though, I see him retiring when KC lets him go... he isnt going to a loser franchise to suffer at the end of his career IMO

So if he wants to be a genuine hero, its now or never
I disagree. Smith has shown he's the steady presence needed to make a young talented team a contender. Look at the talent a team like Jacksonville has put together. If you throw Alex in as the starter in Jax they immediately become dangerous. He's not going to carry a team on his shoulders but he was exactly what this franchise needed to put the rest of the pieces in place while becoming relevant again. There are always teams looking to add someone like Alex and he's definitely going to be able to cash in if he wants to after he leaves KC.
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:14 AM 05-15-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
You are the ignorant one in this conversation. Name one first round quarterback, other than Aaron Rodgers, who sat the bench for more than one year in the last 15 seasons.
Phillip Rivers
[Reply]
Grim 08:14 AM 05-15-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I disagree. Smith has shown he's the steady presence needed to make a young talented team a contender. Look at the talent a team like Jacksonville has put together. If you throw Alex in as the starter in Jax they immediately become dangerous. He's not going to carry a team on his shoulders but he was exactly what this franchise needed to put the rest of the pieces in place while becoming relevant again. There are always teams looking to add someone like Alex and he's definitely going to be able to cash in if he wants to after he leaves KC.
If Matt Cassel can get work after his stint in KC, so can Smith.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:17 AM 05-15-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
No team will be afraid of the Jaguars with Alex Smith at quarterback. They aren't afraid of him now with the Chiefs. They are however afraid of the Chiefs defense as they produce turnovers and they are sure afraid of Tyreek Hill kick returns but as for Alex Smith they look forward to playing against him because they can stack the defense. What defensive coordinator is afraid of Alex Smith?
[Reply]
Page 18 of 63
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up