ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 97 of 219
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107147197 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Science is Cool....
Fish 09:43 PM 05-21-2012
This is a repository for all cool scientific discussion and fascination. Scientific facts, theories, and overall cool scientific stuff that you'd like to share with others. Stuff that makes you smile and wonder at the amazing shit going on around us, that most people don't notice.

Post pictures, vidoes, stories, or links. Ask questions. Share science.

Why should I care?:

[Reply]
Dave Lane 09:12 PM 02-24-2014
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
So it's not Swiss Cheese?
Apparently not. But that is a most awesome video if you think asbout it.
[Reply]
notorious 09:16 PM 02-24-2014

[Reply]
aturnis 10:58 PM 02-25-2014
To the Hawkins debate... Michio Kaku was just on Daily Show with John Stewart, and says "If you look at his glasses, near the top right corner, there is a chip which picks up radio waves from his mind, and transfers it to a laptop so he can type mentally."

Apparently most who have this ability have the chip on the top of their head, and it's about the size of a dime.

[Reply]
Dave Lane 09:25 AM 02-26-2014

[Reply]
Donger 09:32 AM 02-26-2014
Originally Posted by aturnis:
To the Hawkins debate... Michio Kaku was just on Daily Show with John Stewart, and says "If you look at his glasses, near the top right corner, there is a chip which picks up radio waves from his mind, and transfers it to a laptop so he can type mentally."

Apparently most who have this ability have the chip on the top of their head, and it's about the size of a dime.

His mind generates RF?
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 10:19 AM 02-26-2014
Originally Posted by aturnis:

Yeah I saw the segment, and wish to repeat Donger's question. And also, I used to like Michio Kaku, but did he sound a little bugfuck crazy talking about people living forever and downloading our minds into robots to anyone else?
[Reply]
jiveturkey 10:48 AM 02-26-2014
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
Yeah I saw the segment, and wish to repeat Donger's question. And also, I used to like Michio Kaku, but did he sound a little bug**** crazy talking about people living forever and downloading our minds into robots to anyone else?
Capturing our consciousnesses is something that has been popping up a lot recently in science shows and the occasional article. It might not be possible but it's the secret to living for ever.

There's even a movie coming out that explores this (Transcendence).
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 10:50 AM 02-26-2014
Originally Posted by jiveturkey:
Capturing our consciousnesses is something that has been popping up a lot recently in science shows and the occasional article. It might not be possible but it's the secret to living for ever.

There's even a movie coming out that explores this (Transcendence).
I'm not saying it won't be possible in the future, maybe even very near future. But should we? It sounds like mad scientist shit to me.
[Reply]
jiveturkey 10:58 AM 02-26-2014
I'm not saying it won't be possible in the future, maybe even very near future. But should we? It sounds like mad scientist shit to me.
I think that it's our best shot at expanding out from Earth. There's no need to find a way around the faster than light travel issue when you can load a ship with "bots" that are carrying the consciousnesses of experienced people that can be turned on (or awoken) a predetermined date. It also simplifies the actual ship, no life support.
[Reply]
Donger 11:03 AM 02-26-2014
Originally Posted by jiveturkey:
I think that it's our best shot at expanding out from Earth. There's no need to find a way around the faster than light travel issue when you can load a ship with "bots" that are carrying the consciousnesses of experienced people that can be turned on (or awoken) a predetermined date. It also simplifies the actual ship, no life support.
How would that help us expand beyond Earth, if we don't physically leave?
[Reply]
jiveturkey 12:05 PM 02-26-2014
Originally Posted by Donger:
How would that help us expand beyond Earth, if we don't physically leave?
Your mind leaves. They would be the perfect initial settlers.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:16 PM 02-26-2014
Sounds like it's all rainbows and unicorns. Nothing could possibly go terribly wrong downloading and uploading our brains.
[Reply]
aturnis 12:25 PM 02-26-2014
Sounds like it's all rainbows and unicorns. Nothing could possibly go terribly wrong downloading and uploading our brains.
Honestly not sure how they would go wrong... Corrupted data? Not sure how that affects anyone.
[Reply]
jiveturkey 12:35 PM 02-26-2014
I would image that it's a long way off if it's even possible.

I did like how he mentioned uploading knowledge. 5 minutes later you're a math whiz.
[Reply]
Fish 12:37 PM 02-26-2014
That's the ideal place for science... right on that border between amazing advancement and things going terribly wrong...
[Reply]
Page 97 of 219
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107147197 > Last »
Up