ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 202 of 460
« First < 102152192198199200201202 203204205206212252302 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:17 PM 04-13-2013
"Your uncle molests collies"
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:19 PM 04-13-2013
Pars the Par 5 2nd. Needs to be birdieing those holes if he's going to have any chance at a 65 or 66.
[Reply]
philfree 12:21 PM 04-13-2013
Originally Posted by DeezNutz:
IMO, it's up to the officials to enforce the rules. Competitors, no matter the sport, push them to the limits.

Thus, when he knew that the drop was reviewed and approved, the "discussion" ended, and therefore the penalty is yet another example of bullshit in the game of golf.
No offense but that's exactly wrong. Who applies the rules when there is no officials? The competitors do. This is one of the things that separates golf from other sports and it's very important. Reminds me of a match I played in a Cup Team situation many years ago. The guy I was playing grounded his club behind his ball in the rough and his ball moved. He was a 100 yards away from me so I didn't see it but he called it on himself. It was on the 17th hole and in the end we halved the match. That's golf and as a competitor one has the responsibility. And if you cheat your buddies in your regular foursome you're a huge schmuck.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:22 PM 04-13-2013
Originally Posted by DeezNutz:
I can appreciate your perspective, but many wrongs (speaking specifically in terms of exclusionary, bigoted bullshit) have been upheld in the sport in the name of tradition. Thus, I cannot separate the two.

Note: I realize that one can, as you would argue as strongly as anyone against any of the concepts that I placed in parentheses.
I love golf as a game. I hate golf as a social institution.

I agree with your parenthetical, and that's also why I usually play alone.

I played with my uncle and some of his friends last year and we were on 15 and he asked me, "Why aren't you drinking?"

I told him, "I don't play golf to socialize."

He told me I was no fun, and I responded that I don't play to have fun, I play to hone my craft.

Earlier this week I went to the course to practice and saw a gaggle of about ten carts around a tree with a bunch of guys bullshitting, squawking about politics, and drinking. It disgusted me because I felt like they were using the game for the purposes you outlined in parentheses.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 12:23 PM 04-13-2013
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Pars the Par 5 2nd. Needs to be birdieing those holes if he's going to have any chance at a 65 or 66.
I think a 68 or 69 would still leave him in a good position.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:24 PM 04-13-2013
Originally Posted by Rudy Was A Gigantic Dick:
I think a 68 or 69 would still leave him in a good position.
Course is too susceptible to good scores today. He needs a 66.
[Reply]
Joe Seahawk 12:26 PM 04-13-2013
The officials told him before the end of the round that what he did was fine. There is no controversy here if this isn't Tiger Woods.

Going to be tough for him to win now. Probably needs back to back 67s.
They did not tell him.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:26 PM 04-13-2013
I think -10 or -11 is the winning score, hence why I thought he needed two 67s.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 12:26 PM 04-13-2013
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Course is too susceptible to good scores today. He needs a 66.
A lot of it depends on Day, IMO.
[Reply]
Hootie 12:28 PM 04-13-2013
I think -10 or -11 is the winning score, hence why I thought he needed two 67s.
his mindset is to get to -10 by around hole 15 tomorrow and then start worrying about what he needs to do to win
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:29 PM 04-13-2013
Originally Posted by Joe Seahawk:
They did not tell him.
Unless there is a ton of misinformation in the media about this (which, I grant, wouldn't be surprising considering the pedantic nature of this bullshit controversy), they did.
[Reply]
Joe Seahawk 12:30 PM 04-13-2013
I have no idea how the rules officials initially determined the drop was fine. It was blatantly obvious that the drop was not as "close as possible" to the original shot. Had they assessed the penalty yesterday before he signed his card like they should have there would be no controversy.
[Reply]
Hootie 12:30 PM 04-13-2013
I think it's about 70% as much bullshit as the Dustin Johnson grounding of the club at the Open a few years back...

and I thought that was A LARGE AMOUNT of bullshit
[Reply]
Joe Seahawk 12:32 PM 04-13-2013
Unless there is a ton of misinformation in the media about this (which, I grant, wouldn't be surprising considering the pedantic nature of this bullshit controversy), they did.
http://www.masters.com/en_US/videos/index.html 3:00 MARK
[Reply]
DeezNutz 12:33 PM 04-13-2013
Originally Posted by philfree:
No offense but that's exactly wrong. Who applies the rules when there is no officials? The competitors do. This is one of the things that separates golf from other sports and it's very important. Reminds me of a match I played in a Cup Team situation many years ago. The guy I was playing grounded his club behind his ball in the rough and his ball moved. He was a 100 yards away from me so I didn't see it but he called it on himself. It was on the 17th hole and in the end we halved the match. That's golf and as a competitor one has the responsibility. And if you cheat your buddies in your regular foursome you're a huge schmuck.
I would suggest that you're a schmuck in any sport if you cheat. Why the honor code gets applied to golf more stringently than any other sport is foolish and hypocritical.
[Reply]
Page 202 of 460
« First < 102152192198199200201202 203204205206212252302 > Last »
Up