ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 162 of 460
« First < 62112152158159160161162 163164165166172212262 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
philfree 07:49 PM 04-16-2011
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Distance.
Originally Posted by :
More lag equals a higher swing speed, which in turn, creates more distance.
I wondered if that was the reason but I didn't want to assume.

As far as a SW goes a more compact swing will produce as much power and probably more compared to an an over swing. It's all about shoulder turn away, smooth transition and timing. ....lol.. But you can't make it that complicated.

As far as lag is concerned that causes some disconnection in your swing causing you to lose power.

See what you want is for your center of weight to reach the ball at the same time your shoulders and arms square up and the your clubhead reaches the ball. You want your weight transfer and your arm swing to match at impact. That's where you get maximum power. That's gonna be hard to do consistently if your your working on "lag". You may nut one every now and then but for the most part you'll just be inconsistent.

PhilFree:-)
[Reply]
smittysbar 06:35 PM 04-17-2011
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Nope. Upright swing, and I take really small divots. Hit the ball super high, like Mickelson high. That's one of the things that costs me distance, because the shot arc balloons rather than flattens out.

SS is about 102-105
Do you think it is possibly from hanging back to much using more of an arm swing, I get stuck like this some, I can usually figure when I am doing it I get the hooks and snap hooks a lot. A drill I do on the range is start my downswing with weight going to my lead foot. Should increase distance also.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:28 AM 04-22-2011
The itinerary is in:

I will be playing Turnberry, Royal Troon, Carnoustie, Kingsbarns, the St. Andrews Jubilee Course, and we're in a daily lottery for a tee time at the Old Course.

We'll be staying at the Fairmont Hotel in St. Andrews and the Turnberry Hotel in Turnberry.

:-)
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:31 AM 04-22-2011
Here's the Turnberry Hotel (look familiar :-) )

[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:07 AM 04-24-2011
Nice Hamas. Sounds like a once in a lifetime trip.....enjoy it!! Don't stop golfing until your arms fall off. Then, start on your legs.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:10 AM 04-24-2011
Played my first round on Friday. For the first round in nearly a year, I played alright. Wasn't quite as rusty as I thought I'd be, but it was definitely there. Never saw my final score, but I had 3-4 pars & a birdie. Only had one "Son of a bitch" hole....which was a par 3 that I kept putting past the hole on my way to a 6.
[Reply]
smittysbar 08:17 AM 04-24-2011
Danny Woodhead played at the course yesterday, seemed to be a good guy
[Reply]
philfree 02:07 PM 04-24-2011
http://texas.nationalprotour.com/lea...962&link=NPGTR

Found this on Facebook. Looks interesting for those who like to compete or are trying to make it to the PGA Tour. To bad there's no tour in the MO/KS area.

PhilFree:-)
[Reply]
kstater 04:35 PM 04-24-2011
Lee Westwood now the "#1 player in the world" having never won a major.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:13 PM 04-24-2011
Originally Posted by kstater:
Lee Westwood now the "#1 player in the world" having never won a major.
Those rankings are infallible/KC_Cuntection.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:14 PM 04-24-2011
Had one of those malaise days on the course today. First time out playing this year and not practicing. Every part of the game was subpar. Drove it poorly, but not wildly, didn't hit any good iron shots, chipped horrendously, and putted poorly.

Ended up shooting a 44. Four fairways, two greens, 18 putts, and 0 up and downs.

:-)
[Reply]
kstater 06:20 PM 04-24-2011
Course where I typically play on Fridays had a tournament so played a course I'd never played before last Friday. Wind was 25-30 on a links style course. Played the first 7 and last 7 holes at 3 over, but let the wind get in my head on 8-11 that screwed up the round. Was 10 over for those 4 holes.
[Reply]
smittysbar 04:24 PM 04-25-2011
Originally Posted by smittysbar:
Danny Woodhead played at the course yesterday, seemed to be a good guy
And again on Sunday
[Reply]
kstater 02:34 PM 05-08-2011
Some crazy shit about to go down in Charlotte with Padraig.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:54 PM 05-08-2011
Had one of the more memorable bogies of my life yesterday.

I bought new clubs back in March - Mizuno JPX 800 Pro's. This is my first set of forged clubs, I had always played cast.

I haven't had much of a chance to get out and practice with these, and yesterday, it really showed. They are only a degree stronger per club compared to my old sticks, but when I'm nutting it, the ball is going a club to club-and-a-half longer.

I'm making a short story long, but...

Get to a Par 3 with an elevated tee. Couldn't have hit my tee shot any better - except for the fact that it was 25 yards over the flag, and behind the green is dead on this hole.

Pissed off because I'm now looking at three off the tee, I go back to the cart and grab a new club, and hit an identical looking shot. Ball takes one hop, hits the flagstick, and comes to rest a foot away. Tapped in for bogey.
[Reply]
Page 162 of 460
« First < 62112152158159160161162 163164165166172212262 > Last »
Up