ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2688 of 3903
« First < 1688218825882638267826842685268626872688 268926902691269226982738278831883688 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 09:12 AM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
If we look at the last time the cases were where they are now, the lag came 7 days behind.

Now i think that was because we were testing near like we are now so things had already happened so it didn't really matter.
Last time around deaths actually peaked 3-4 days before cases...
[Reply]
Donger 09:12 AM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Love how people who don’t want to wear their masks, Hispanics, and Trump supporters all get blamed for the spread of COVID but none of those people pointing fingers talk about the fact that we had mass protests all over the country for weeks (still going on in some places).

I’m so sick of people and their agendas on both sides.
Yes, your agenda isn't clear at all.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:12 AM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
^^^You want to see a perfect example of wanting to have a socially acceptable conversation rather than an honest and real one?

Lets ignore the facts and data and make sure we mention how bad white people have been too!

The truth is cultural differences play a role in this much much more than political ideology does and that political angle shit gets played out in the media, on social media, and here nonstop. And again Hispanic is not a race.
I dont think it has much to do w cultural differences. I'm sure it plays a part but let's be real many Hispanics are working jobs that suck and that they are still doing even when this pandemic is going on while many whites are collecting unemployment or working remotely. This is a good article on it that I think is objective.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/09/us/hi...act/index.html
[Reply]
staylor26 09:13 AM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Yes, your agenda isn't clear at all.
What agenda?

I’m not saying they don’t all share blame dumbass. I wear my mask. I practice social distancing.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:14 AM 07-23-2020
Love how people who don’t want to wear their masks, Hispanics, and Trump supporters all get blamed for the spread of COVID but none of those people pointing fingers talk about the fact that we had mass protests all over the country for weeks (still going on in some places).

Originally Posted by :
LA Mayor Garcetti admits 'connection' between coronavirus outbreak and protests, after downplaying link
https://www.foxnews.com/us/la-protes...spike-garcetti

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti said Wednesday that public protests are likely causing the number of citywide coronavirus cases to spike, just two days after claiming there wasn't "any conclusive evidence" showing a connection between the two.
I'll leave the rest out but to the point yes, the protesting is certainly not helping
[Reply]
sedated 09:15 AM 07-23-2020

For the 370th time dipshit, most people (at least that I have seen) recognize that the protest played a factor. EVERYTHING played a factor.

But that was 2 months ago, and now most people are focused on what to do moving forward.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:16 AM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
For the 370th time dipshit, most people (at least that I have seen) recognize that the protest played a factor. EVERYTHING played a factor.

But that was 2 months ago, and now most people are focused on what to do moving forward.
Umm what? The protests, while no longer all over the country, are STILL going on. They’ve been going on for 6+ weeks.

Dipshit.

And no, people don’t treat the protests/riots the same way they treat people who don’t want to wear their mask. It’s not even remotely close.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:18 AM 07-23-2020

The protests started in mid\late-June and in some places continue on almost a nightly basis.

So it isn't like they have stopped.
[Reply]
Donger 09:21 AM 07-23-2020
What agenda?

I’m not saying they don’t all share blame dumbass. I wear my mask. I practice social distancing.
I suggest you re-read your post. You might see it. Or not.
[Reply]
Donger 09:22 AM 07-23-2020

No, no one is doing that...

"Masks can help, but it's masks plus physical separation," Fauci said in an interview on "Good Morning America" Wednesday.

"When you get congregations like we saw with the demonstrations," he continued, "that's taking a risk."

"Many of them would then go back to where they were [from] because not everyone was demonstrating in the city where they live," he said. "So it's the kind of things that we were concerned about and, unfortunately, we're seeing it come true right now."

[Reply]
staylor26 09:23 AM 07-23-2020
I suggest you re-read your post. You might see it. Or not.
Calling it like I see it means I have an agenda?

You can’t pick and choose who you want to blame and demonize when they’re ALL contributing.

You can’t point out that America is doing worse than everybody while ignoring that mass protests all over the country for weeks on end probably has a lot to do with it as well.
[Reply]
sedated 09:24 AM 07-23-2020
George Floyd was killed at the end of May, so the protests were around the beginning of June. While I'm not exactly following closely, I haven't heard anything about it in weeks (other than the stuff in Portland, which has just turned into another left/right endless argument)
[Reply]
Donger 09:25 AM 07-23-2020
Yes.

You can’t pick and choose who you want to blame and demonize when they’re ALL contributing.

You can’t point out that America is doing worse than everybody while ignoring that mass protests all over the country for weeks on end probably has a lot to do with it as well.
See above.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:26 AM 07-23-2020
Yes.

See above.
Calling people out for their hypocrisy isn’t an agenda.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:27 AM 07-23-2020

Donger can have an agenda because he's on the Right Side of the Dunning Kruger curve.
[Reply]
Page 2688 of 3903
« First < 1688218825882638267826842685268626872688 268926902691269226982738278831883688 > Last »
Up