ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 743 of 1209
« First < 243643693733739740741742743 744745746747753793843 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
TimBone 05:44 PM 03-10-2018
Originally Posted by In58men:
Your dish looks A LOT better than mine.

Glad you liked the sauce, it’s so good. I could drink it lol.
Thats not sauce, bub. Alfredo gravy.
[Reply]
TimBone 05:47 PM 03-10-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Lulz I wish, other than the 2-3 days before and after going into the field, all we got was MREs and the occasional trayed up C rats or whatever they're called from field kitchens... and truth be told, I usually just had an MRE or some of the freeze dried Mountain House stuff I always packed along, rather than go stand in some crazy ass line for that crap

But I will say this for the civilian ladies who ran the chow hall down there... that was the best Army facility chow I've ever had, those gals knew how to do it, and I distinctly remember telling them so
Oh yeah...you were there for training. It's been so long since we talked about it, I couldn't remember if you came for training or were stationed here.

If you ever make it back down to Louisiana, best get you some. Especially if you're south of I-10. That's where all the good Cajun food is, according to locals.
[Reply]
TimBone 05:52 PM 03-10-2018
Lulz I wish, other than the 2-3 days before and after going into the field, all we got was MREs and the occasional trayed up C rats or whatever they're called from field kitchens... and truth be told, I usually just had an MRE or some of the freeze dried Mountain House stuff I always packed along, rather than go stand in some crazy ass line for that crap

But I will say this for the civilian ladies who ran the chow hall down there... that was the best Army facility chow I've ever had, those gals knew how to do it, and I distinctly remember telling them so
....and speaking of the chow hall, budget cuts have hit them hard. I also remember the chow hall here being excellent when I first arrived as a soldier back in 2003.

A couple of years ago, we sent one of our co-workers down to the chow hall to get us some supper. We were all looking forward to it, and talking about our old army days. The shit she came back with was awful. Terrible food, tiny portions, and they didn't even have the materials for take-out. They told her they didn't have money for it anymore. They wrapped all the food up in aluminum foil. T'was a sad day.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:54 PM 03-10-2018
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Oh yeah...you were there for training. It's been so long since we talked about it, I couldn't remember if you came for training or were stationed here.

If you ever make it back down to Louisiana, best get you some. Especially if you're south of I-10. That's where all the good Cajun food is, according to locals.
Those southern women turned me on to one of the dirt simplest, most delicious concoctions I've ever had... sliced and grilled cabbage, carrot and onion salad served hot

Went back up for seconds of that every chance I got, mildly sweet with the cabbage and carrot, with savory onion... that shit was the bomb, and I still make it about once a month

Put some of that with a pork chop and get. down.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 05:55 PM 03-10-2018
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Runny yoke in the middle, firm on the edges on Udi's Millet Chia. Hate a hard yolk all over.

I couldn't find a Mullet Chia pet.

Wilt the spinach in the pan when you pull the egg, touch of balsamic.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:00 PM 03-10-2018
Originally Posted by TimBone:
....and speaking of the chow hall, budget cuts have hit them hard. I also remember the chow hall here being excellent when I first arrived as a soldier back in 2003.

A couple of years ago, we sent one of our co-workers down to the chow hall to get us some supper. We were all looking forward to it, and talking about our old army days. The shit she came back with was awful. Terrible food, tiny portions, and they didn't even have the materials for take-out. They told her they didn't have money for it anymore. They wrapped all the food up in aluminum foil. T'was a sad day.
That is genuinely depressing news, its actually bothering me a LOT, our boys deserve better, they deserve decent meals

Biting my tongue trying not to go all DC up in here...
[Reply]
TimBone 06:25 PM 03-10-2018
That is genuinely depressing news, its actually bothering me a LOT, our boys deserve better, they deserve decent meals

Biting my tongue trying not to go all DC up in here...
Yeah, let's not DC it up. You can rest easy knowing they're getting good breakfast at least. I have to get annual flight physicals for my job, and every year I stop in the hospital DFAC for breakfast, and it's still pretty good.
[Reply]
threebag 06:42 PM 03-10-2018
It's hard to fuck up a good breakfast unless you're ihop
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:52 PM 03-10-2018
Originally Posted by In58men:
Your dish looks A LOT better than mine.

Glad you liked the sauce, it’s so good. I could drink it lol.

Thanks. Agree on the sauce. I think next time I do chicken parm I’m gonna make up a batch and skip the marinara.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:02 PM 03-10-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Thanks. Agree on the sauce. I think next time I do chicken parm I’m gonna make up a batch and skip the marinara.
That's a lofty review, I guess I need to get the ingredients lined out to make it for for the SO. Maybe next week

Spaghetti squash, blacken seafood stir fry combo with Alfredo sauce, wilted spinach with balsamic reduction and a loaf of bake in the bag garlic toast.
[Reply]
srvy 07:06 PM 03-10-2018
I always have wondered why there hasnt been a whats for breakfast thread. I could give a rats ass about lunch its basically a boring turkey sammy to give you a little boost through the day. Dinner except the weekend is to heavy for late day and butt sitting in front the idiot box till bed. Breakfast defines your whole day and it can make it or break it.

I guess I could be like my brother and eat light weird stuff and generally not enjoy meals. He was the first person I ever herd say foods over rated it just makes a turd. He is the only person I invited to eat BBQ at my place who complained why anyone would spend the best part of the day smoking meat. He also said why all the fuss over beans they taste better straight out of the can. He wasnt like that growing up his SO a leaf and tree bark health nutjob turned him :-)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:07 PM 03-10-2018
This has historically been an all meals thread. Post it up.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 07:12 PM 03-10-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
I always have wondered why there hasnt been a whats for breakfast thread. I could give a rats ass about lunch its basically a boring turkey sammy to give you a little boost through the day. Dinner except the weekend is to heavy for late day and butt sitting in front the idiot box till bed. Breakfast defines your whole day and it can make it or break it.

I guess I could be like my brother and eat light weird stuff and generally not enjoy meals. He was the first person I ever herd say foods over rated it just makes a turd. He is the only person I invited to eat BBQ at my place who complained why anyone would spend the best part of the day smoking meat. He also said why all the fuss over beans they taste better straight out of the can. He wasnt like that growing up his SO a leaf and tree bark health nutjob turned him :-)
No, dude. That's just your boring lunch.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:15 PM 03-10-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:

That is a bad thing to have happen to a good man, I hope you out live him and the granola bitch who stole his thunder.
[Reply]
TimBone 07:35 PM 03-10-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Man, I used to do that all the time at Italian restaurants. Great idea.

I'm gonna have to try Inmen's gravy next time, too.
[Reply]
Page 743 of 1209
« First < 243643693733739740741742743 744745746747753793843 > Last »
Up