ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 706 of 791
« First < 206606656696702703704705706 707708709710716756 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
O.city 11:39 AM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Zach Brown.

This LB corps ****ing sucks, and that's even if it doesn't go sour. Ragland/Wilson inspires very little confidence even if Hitchens DOES improve as a pursuit LBer.

They need a MLB they can count on here in the worst way and Brown can be that guy for a season or two. Moreover, there's not much in the way of readily available options in the draft.

He's a no-brainer unless he's just a complete shithead. Maybe he's a complete shithead.
There’s uh, this guy from Michigan that uh, I could tell you about
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:39 AM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:

:-)
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:43 AM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Zach Brown.

This LB corps fucking sucks, and that's even if it doesn't go sour. Ragland/Wilson inspires very little confidence even if Hitchens DOES improve as a pursuit LBer.

They need a MLB they can count on here in the worst way and Brown can be that guy for a season or two. Moreover, there's not much in the way of readily available options in the draft.

He's a no-brainer unless he's just a complete shithead. Maybe he's a complete shithead.
This team is going to be in subs a lot still, so I'm really just don't feel the pressure over the position. Hitchens and DoD will probably be those guys.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:14 PM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
This team is going to be in subs a lot still, so I'm really just don't feel the pressure over the position. Hitchens and DoD will probably be those guys.
Hitchens is a 50/50 proposition right now. DoD hasn't proven anything yet. Neither of them are anywhere near a sure thing, and you can bet your ass NFL offenses will figure out a way to expose our weakest positions, and then pound it hard till the Chiefs figure out how to make the bleeding stop.

And even if everything goes right for Hitchens, there's still nothing behind him and nothing around him.

That position group needs help more than any other group on this team.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:20 PM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Hitchens is a 50/50 proposition right now. DoD hasn't proven anything yet. Neither of them are anywhere near a sure thing, and you can bet your ass NFL offenses will figure out a way to expose our weakest positions, and then pound it hard till the Chiefs figure out how to make the bleeding stop.

And even if everything goes right for Hitchens, there's still nothing behind him and nothing around him.

That position group needs help more than any other group on this team.
Hitchens isn't 50/50. His contract pencils him in. :-)

DoD showed a little something, which is a miracle with how dumb Bob was. I'm just not seeing that Spagnuolo values the position like CP does.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:23 PM 04-04-2019

DoD showed a little something, which is a miracle with how dumb Bob was. I'm just not seeing that Spagnuolo values the position like CP does.
50/50 as in returning to form. Obviously he's starting.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:25 PM 04-04-2019

Yes he'll play, but will he play better? Will he play up to his contract?

And to say that Spags doesn't value the position is not an ascertainable fact at this point. More than likely, we are prioritizing based on available personnel and immediate needs.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:31 PM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Yes he'll play, but will he play better? Will he play up to his contract?

And to say that Spags doesn't value the position is not an ascertainable fact at this point. More than likely, we are prioritizing based on available personnel and immediate needs.
Looking at his history and the pool of decent LBers available in FA, the fact they signed one dumpster caliber guy would lead me to suspect they don't value the position a lot.

50/50 as in returning to form. Obviously he's starting.
I didn't say he would be good, but this team is going to field less than 3 LBers frequently and one of those spots are already claimed. LB isn't going to be a priority.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 12:33 PM 04-04-2019
Boston isnt nearly as impactful as Inmen is making him out to be

And he isn’t nearly the brokedick that Detox is making him out to be

He would be a decent pickup with decent upside. I’m not expecting it but if it happens I’d be pretty satisfied with our S corps overall. Mathieu/Boston is eons better than Murray/Parker
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:40 PM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
Boston isnt nearly as impactful as Inmen is making him out to be

And he isn’t nearly the brokedick that Detox is making him out to be

He would be a decent pickup with decent upside. I’m not expecting it but if it happens I’d be pretty satisfied with our S corps overall. Mathieu/Boston is eons better than Murray/Parker
I'd rather see Mathieu/Draft Pick.

And if not that, then Mathieu/Lucas.

If we're going full blown youth movement/rebuild, then lets not waste time on never-will-be's and see what we have with these young guys in Watts/Lucas/Rookie.

If we're going Vet, (which it doesn't look like), then at least find a guy that can unseat Sorenson, and it doesn't appear that Boston is that guy. Otherwise, it's a wasted roster spot.

A 1 year $1.5M contract for Boston after the draft, assuming we've exhausted all other options and didn't land viable talent in the draft?

Sure. Whatever.

But hardly worth getting excited about, not a move worth doing NOW, and not a move that does anything to get this defense out of the cellar.
[Reply]
Kman34 12:46 PM 04-04-2019
I'd rather see Mathieu/Draft Pick.

And if not that, then Mathieu/Lucas.

If we're going full blown youth movement/rebuild, then lets not waste time on never-will-be's and see what we have with these young guys in Watts/Lucas/Rookie.

If we're going Vet, (which it doesn't look like), then at least find a guy that can unseat Sorenson, and it doesn't appear that Boston is that guy. Otherwise, it's a wasted roster spot.

A 1 year $1.5M contract for Boston after the draft, assuming we've exhausted all other options and didn't land viable talent in the draft?

Sure. Whatever.

But hardly worth getting excited about, not a move worth doing NOW, and not a move that does anything to get this defense out of the cellar.
I wonder how Armanti Watts factors in this situation..
[Reply]
staylor26 12:52 PM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Lol don’t even bring him up to Detoxing.
[Reply]
O.city 12:55 PM 04-04-2019
I don't really have any expectations for Watts at this point, just not enough data to know much of anything.

I'll go with thinking we get nothing and be pleasantly surprised?
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:57 PM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol don’t even bring him up to Detoxing.
:-)

I personally think he's a brokedick that didn't impress in his limited snaps. It seemed to be injury after injury last season with him.

But, he's a young guy and as such everyone deserves more than one season.

Personally, i'm not counting on him staying healthy. I hope he does. I hope he's able to stay healthy so he can show us what he's got.
[Reply]
O.city 01:01 PM 04-04-2019
I would hope a player with that type of history is one you don't necessarily go into the season relying on them being a big contributor but then if they do, you have a surprise.
[Reply]
Page 706 of 791
« First < 206606656696702703704705706 707708709710716756 > Last »
Up