ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 697 of 791
« First < 197597647687693694695696697 698699700701707747 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:32 AM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Can't wait for free agency to be over.

In what world would signing Tre Boston to a throw-away deal be a bad thing? He either plays or he doesn't and if he doesn't, they show him the door.

Every player they sign isn't going to be a blue-chipper. :-)
Adding 'representative' NFL talent is never a bad thing, especially at this stage of FA where guys are just looking for a soft landing if they can find one.

Gimme 3-4 more guys who are completely forgettable to round out depth on the roster, that's fine. And forgettable doesn't mean shitty - Ron Parker was anything but forgettable; we'll remember his name for years because of his performance in 2018.

But I barely remember that Tyvon Branch was ever a thing here. Leslie O'Neal played 2 seasons here and I suspect the only reason I remember that is because he was once Leslie O'Neal but otherwise...meh.

These are guys that came in, did their jobs for a year or two, and went on their way. Few of us have given them a second thought since, but they were solid complementary pieces.

Oh, on that note, did anyone else realize that John Browning had a 9 year NFL career? He was a full-time starter pretty much every ear of that career (when healthy) and was always a pretty solid player. I kinda remembered him as a 3-4 year fill-in starter who never really accomplished much but all told that guy had a hell of a career.
[Reply]
O.city 08:35 AM 04-03-2019
What does everyone think Ezekial Ansah ends up getting? Would he be interested in a 2 year, say 20 million dollar deal? Is that way low?

I'd go 3 years, about 13 mil per if I had to just to really open up our draft.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:36 AM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
What does everyone think Ezekial Ansah ends up getting? Would he be interested in a 2 year, say 20 million dollar deal? Is that way low?
If he's truly intent on waiting until after the draft, I think he might be hard-pressed to get even that.

I'd wait him out and see if you could get him on a 1 year deal.
[Reply]
O.city 08:38 AM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If he's truly intent on waiting until after the draft, I think he might be hard-pressed to get even that.

I'd wait him out and see if you could get him on a 1 year deal.
IIRC, they said he was gonna be rechecked in the middle of April so maybe right before the draft?

I would love to do a 1 year prove it kind of think to let him re hit the market again and be insurance to our first round pass rusher.
[Reply]
O.city 08:39 AM 04-03-2019
There is still some decent safeties out there that would help for sure.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:39 AM 04-03-2019
IIRC, they said he was gonna be rechecked in the middle of April so maybe right before the draft?

I would love to do a 1 year prove it kind of think to let him re hit the market again and be insurance to our first round pass rusher.
Ansah on a one year deal would be great.

Plus, he'd likely be on a Super Bowl team, in an aggressive defense that would showcase his skills. On a one year deal, it'd be the smart play for HIM.
[Reply]
O.city 08:43 AM 04-03-2019
Looking around, I see Gerald Hodges is a FA. Did he ever turn out to be very good? He's still only like 27
[Reply]
O.city 08:45 AM 04-03-2019
Also some old Wr's who you might could squeeze a year or two out of out there.
[Reply]
mcaj22 08:50 AM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Adding 'representative' NFL talent is never a bad thing, especially at this stage of FA where guys are just looking for a soft landing if they can find one.

Gimme 3-4 more guys who are completely forgettable to round out depth on the roster, that's fine. And forgettable doesn't mean shitty - Ron Parker was anything but forgettable; we'll remember his name for years because of his performance in 2018.

But I barely remember that Tyvon Branch was ever a thing here. Leslie O'Neal played 2 seasons here and I suspect the only reason I remember that is because he was once Leslie O'Neal but otherwise...meh.

These are guys that came in, did their jobs for a year or two, and went on their way. Few of us have given them a second thought since, but they were solid complementary pieces.

Oh, on that note, did anyone else realize that John Browning had a 9 year NFL career? He was a full-time starter pretty much every ear of that career (when healthy) and was always a pretty solid player. I kinda remembered him as a 3-4 year fill-in starter who never really accomplished much but all told that guy had a hell of a career.
I still think about Wallace Gilberry and Husain Abdullah fondly.

And the one that got away Brandon Carr.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:01 AM 04-03-2019

Vanderbilt CB Joejuan Williams is visiting the #Chiefs today pic.twitter.com/7X7Sl0JGE0

— Josh Norris (@JoshNorris) April 3, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 09:09 AM 04-03-2019
The Bucs are wanting to move McCoy apparently. Maybe a conditional 2020 pick for him?
[Reply]
Iconic 09:18 AM 04-03-2019
Wasn't there an article a while back about Spags wanting to recreate the early 2000s Eagles defense in the secondary?

Maybe they see Joejuan as their Bobby Taylor :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:19 AM 04-03-2019
The Bucs are wanting to move McCoy apparently. Maybe a conditional 2020 pick for him?
With that contract? Fuck no.
[Reply]
O.city 09:19 AM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
With that contract? **** no.
I'd imagine that's why no one is making that trade.

If they'll eat some of it, I'd do it though.
[Reply]
O.city 09:23 AM 04-03-2019
Actually, it's not that bad. You'd have him for 13 mil and 2 team option years with no dead money.
[Reply]
Page 697 of 791
« First < 197597647687693694695696697 698699700701707747 > Last »
Up