ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 693 of 791
« First < 193593643683689690691692693 694695696697703743 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:17 PM 04-02-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
What are you talking about?!

little more than blind?

In an aggressive 4-3, Hitchens looked good.

In a passive 3-4, Hitchens looked bad.

We're installing an aggressive 4-3.

What would 'hope' for Hitchens be blind?
Read it again, bro.

SDH insinuated that all we had in Hitchens was hope. I said it was MORE than just hope. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:18 PM 04-02-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
We're hoping Hitch will flourish in the new scheme, but success is not assured. I never brought "blind" hope in to the equation or conversation.
I'm just saying, he wasn't THIS bad in Dallas. Something was wrong in KC that affected Anthony Hitchens, not the other way around.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:21 PM 04-02-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Scheme doesn't make guys miss tackles or fail to shed blocks, or over run ball carriers.

You don't become the 31st ranked D because of scheme alone.

There was a time when this Chiefs was good, running Sutton's scheme.

The difference? Talent.

You guys (CP in general) often tell me shit like, "Did Hitchens forget how to play football?" or "Did SPAGS forget how to coach or something".

Works both ways. Did Sutton "Forget how to coach or something"?

How come Sutton and Spags have both fielded some of the best, and some of the worst defenses in the league?

Their schemes didn't change. Their talent level did.
You WILB in the 3-4 shouldn't HAVE to shed that many blocks. The fact that the defensive line was letting OL get free releases to the 2nd level was a big part of the issue, and that's not the LB's faults.

Furthermore, if the LB's were being told to read instead of engage, that leads to missed tackles and being out of position on plays too.

When it comes to talent level, Bob fielded very good defenses when the talent level was OTHERWORDLY. That's just not realistic to field that kind of defense when the Chiefs have the offense that they do. You have to have coaching to get a GOOD defense, not a great one. They don't have the talent to be great, they don't need the talent to be great, and finally, they don't really have the cash for the talent on defense to be great again. The days of Poe, Houston, and Berry are over and gone.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:24 PM 04-02-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Look, when you see the RB about to receive the ball in the flat and you are just slow and tentative to go and tackle, that's not scheme related.
Unless what the scheme asks you to do in that situation causes the hesitation. Scheme has EVERYTHING to do with it.

Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Could you explain to me how he fits the 4-3 and not the 3-4, other than just stating that he was good in Dallas and not in KC last year?
He's a natural WLB in a 4-3. Last year was the first time he had ever played in a 3-4 defense.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:25 PM 04-02-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
You act as if this is some anomaly that doesn't happen. It happens more often than not.

Players can enjoy a small run of success and then fall off.

Scheme has nothing to do with his PLAY on the field.
Small run of success?

His PFR AV has been nearly the same every year of his career. He's a model of consistency.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:26 PM 04-02-2019
Hitchens had ZERO missed tackles in 2017. Then he struggled here.

I think the scheme change really hurt him.
[Reply]
In58men 01:40 PM 04-02-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Hitchens had ZERO missed tackles in 2017. Then he struggled here.

I think the scheme change really hurt him.
Or Bob Sutton and the other coaches had no ****ing clue what to do?

Matt House will fix him.

Why is it that fans don’t understand the complete overhaul Chiefs did to the defense yet?

We retained only 3 coaches from last season. Give these ****ing new coaches a chance with these guys before we start writing them off smh.
[Reply]
Iconic 02:10 PM 04-02-2019

BREAKING: Russell Wilson has told the Seahawks he wants a new deal done by April 15, when Seattle opens offseason workouts.

The two sides have had negotiations in recent days. (via @bcondotta) https://t.co/ONEmJhQgQL

— The Seattle Times (@seattletimes) April 2, 2019

Looks like we really are in play for Frank Clark. Might even get him cheap trade-wise.
[Reply]
In58men 02:12 PM 04-02-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:

Looks like we really are in play for Frank Clark. Might even get him cheap trade-wise.
Just because he wants a new deal or Seattle making room by moving away from Clark?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:14 PM 04-02-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:

You realize the article that you're using to support trading for Clark simultaneously gives us a REALLY good reason as to why we shouldn't, right?
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:15 PM 04-02-2019
I don't want Clark. Fuck that.
[Reply]
In58men 02:16 PM 04-02-2019
Chiefs signed FA TE Blake Bell according to our favorite Brooke Pryor
[Reply]
loochy 02:16 PM 04-02-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Give these ****ing new coaches a chance with these guys before we start writing them off smh.

Except for Berry, Houston, and Ford...because F those guys (and Murray and Nelson too...also, GTFO Bailey)
[Reply]
In58men 02:17 PM 04-02-2019
Actually he had it first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
nychief 02:18 PM 04-02-2019
I loved Blake in college.
[Reply]
Page 693 of 791
« First < 193593643683689690691692693 694695696697703743 > Last »
Up