ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 692 of 791
« First < 192592642682688689690691692 693694695696702742 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:06 AM 04-02-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Right now, Hitchens is "hope in one hand, shit in the other". You hope it works, but I'm prepared to have a handful of shit at the end of the day. Wilson and Ragland can straight-up kick fucking rocks.
The "hope" for Hitchens is based on proven past performance. It's a little more than just blind...
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:12 AM 04-02-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Hitchens is actually a really good WLB. He just got sucked into being a utility player because of the injuries in Dallas because he also happens to be somewhat versatile.

I have every confidence he'll return to form this year - he has a proven track record of being an above-average player. His problems were scheme related.

That being said, I have some hope for Wilson based on flashes when he spot started but I don't know if he looks like a full-time starter to me.

Ragland? Yeah, my mom always taught me if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything.
I fear hitch won’t look great because the other two line backers will be garbage.
[Reply]
Buckweath 10:21 AM 04-02-2019
Hitchens is actually a really good WLB. He just got sucked into being a utility player because of the injuries in Dallas because he also happens to be somewhat versatile.

I have every confidence he'll return to form this year - he has a proven track record of being an above-average player. His problems were scheme related.

That being said, I have some hope for Wilson based on flashes when he spot started but I don't know if he looks like a full-time starter to me.

Ragland? Yeah, my mom always taught me if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything.
It's been said before but Hitchens' dreadful season last year was not just scheme related.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:32 AM 04-02-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
It's been said before but Hitchens' dreadful season last year was not just scheme related.
it was mostly, we'll find out tho.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:42 AM 04-02-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Then what was it? Did he come to KC and suddenly forget how to play football?
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:48 AM 04-02-2019
You act as if this is some anomaly that doesn't happen. It happens more often than not.

Players can enjoy a small run of success and then fall off.

Scheme has nothing to do with his PLAY on the field.
[Reply]
Buckweath 10:50 AM 04-02-2019
Look, when you see the RB about to receive the ball in the flat and you are just slow and tentative to go and tackle, that's not scheme related.

Could you explain to me how he fits the 4-3 and not the 3-4, other than just stating that he was good in Dallas and not in KC last year?

Truth be told, I'm hoping Hitchens will be good this year as it would do wonders for this defense but I cannot say that I'm confident at all that he will return to his Dallas form.

He was really bad last year. He was everything as bad or worse than the overall defense last year.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:58 AM 04-02-2019
Or "over-thinking". Not sure how much I buy that as an excuse. Fact is, we could trash the entirety of LB corps, start over, and probably not miss much.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:31 AM 04-02-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Scheme has nothing to do with his PLAY on the field.
This could not be further from the truth. There is a huge difference between Read and React defensive scheme and the Attack and React defensive scheme.
[Reply]
DenverChief 12:08 PM 04-02-2019
You act as if this is some anomaly that doesn't happen. It happens more often than not.

Players can enjoy a small run of success and then fall off.

Scheme (AKA System) has nothing to do with his PLAY on the field.
False, for some players it has everything to do with it...which is why the term "system quarterback" was coined. It applies to other positions as well which is why Cam Erving went from "bust" to serviceable starter. Sometimes it's all about they "system" you play in
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:21 PM 04-02-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
This could not be further from the truth. There is a huge difference between Read and React defensive scheme and the Attack and React defensive scheme.
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
False, for some players it has everything to do with it...which is why the term "system quarterback" was coined. It applies to other positions as well which is why Cam Erving went from "bust" to serviceable starter. Sometimes it's all about they "system" you play in
Scheme doesn't make guys miss tackles or fail to shed blocks, or over run ball carriers.

You don't become the 31st ranked D because of scheme alone.

There was a time when this Chiefs was good, running Sutton's scheme.

The difference? Talent.

You guys (CP in general) often tell me shit like, "Did Hitchens forget how to play football?" or "Did SPAGS forget how to coach or something".

Works both ways. Did Sutton "Forget how to coach or something"?

How come Sutton and Spags have both fielded some of the best, and some of the worst defenses in the league?

Their schemes didn't change. Their talent level did.
[Reply]
loochy 12:32 PM 04-02-2019
Scheme doesn't make guys miss tackles or fail to shed blocks, or over run ball carriers.

You don't become the 31st ranked D because of scheme alone.

There was a time when this Chiefs was good, running Sutton's scheme.

The difference? Talent.

You guys (CP in general) often tell me shit like, "Did Hitchens forget how to play football?" or "Did SPAGS forget how to coach or something".

Works both ways. Did Sutton "Forget how to coach or something"?

How come Sutton and Spags have both fielded some of the best, and some of the worst defenses in the league?

Their schemes didn't change. Their talent level did.
Yeah, but when you stubbornly stick with a scheme that your personnel isn't fit for then isn't it bad coaching?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:43 PM 04-02-2019
The "hope" for Hitchens is based on proven past performance. It's a little more than just blind...
What are you talking about?!

little more than blind?

In an aggressive 4-3, Hitchens looked good.

In a passive 3-4, Hitchens looked bad.

We're installing an aggressive 4-3.

What would 'hope' for Hitchens be blind?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:03 PM 04-02-2019
We're hoping Hitch will flourish in the new scheme, but success is not assured. I never brought "blind" hope in to the equation or conversation.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:11 PM 04-02-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
What are you talking about?!

little more than blind?

In an aggressive 4-3, Hitchens looked good.

In a passive 3-4, Hitchens looked bad.

We're installing an aggressive 4-3.

What would 'hope' for Hitchens be blind?
You're barking up the wrong tree. Htis is one of Hitchen's biggest supporters here.

And lets say everything works out dandy for Hitchens, he still needs a robin to his batman.
[Reply]
Page 692 of 791
« First < 192592642682688689690691692 693694695696702742 > Last »
Up