ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2993 of 4866
« First < 1993249328932943298329892990299129922993 299429952996299730033043309334933993 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
GROB 08:23 AM 07-31-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
You keep claiming that you have superior football knowledge, yet you’re measuring draft success by the number of players starting for a franchise that posts double digit losses every year? :-)
It is one factor that needs to be taken account for. As I mentioned already, it takes a few years to really know how a draft panned out. A lot of factors like injuries, QB play,systems etc. Of course Denvers draft from 2020 will look bad on the WR who underperformed. Part of the blame can go on the player, QB play contributed to along with injuries. I bet you wouldn't have to go to far where you guys around here were calling Josh Allen a bust.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:33 AM 07-31-2022
Originally Posted by GROB:
It is one factor that needs to be taken account for. As I mentioned already, it takes a few years to really know how a draft panned out. A lot of factors like injuries, QB play,systems etc. Of course Denvers draft from 2020 will look bad on the WR who underperformed. Part of the blame can go on the player, QB play contributed to along with injuries. I bet you wouldn't have to go to far where you guys around here were calling Josh Allen a bust.
I haven’t made any definitive claims about Paton’s drafts. I’ve maintained that it’s too early to judge either way.

My points are: A) it doesn’t take skill to find a solid prospect with the 9th overall pick. It’s a huge failure if you don’t.

B) There is absolutely no reason to label him a “top GM” at this point, yet I routinely see Broncos fans doing it (while insulting Veach).

C) Veach is vastly more accomplished at this point as a GM. Not even debatable. Paton has a lot to prove. Veach doesn’t.
[Reply]
GROB 08:56 AM 07-31-2022
I haven’t made any definitive claims about Paton’s drafts. I’ve maintained that it’s too early to judge either way.

My points are: A) it doesn’t take skill to find a solid prospect with the 9th overall pick. It’s a huge failure if you don’t.

B) There is absolutely no reason to label him a “top GM” at this point, yet I routinely see Broncos fans doing it (while insulting Veach).

C) Veach is vastly more accomplished at this point as a GM. Not even debatable. Paton has a lot to prove. Veach doesn’t.
Have you seen me say anything bad about Veach? I have questioned the CEH pick and am thankful he didn't pick JT or Swift but im sure Reid had input. GMs miss picks and even at 9. Plenty of people said Denver should have taken Farley or Fields.
Denver played it well getting a QB IMO. I never thought Wilson would have been a legit option.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:23 AM 07-31-2022
Originally Posted by GROB:
Have you seen me say anything bad about Veach? I have questioned the CEH pick and am thankful he didn't pick JT or Swift but im sure Reid had input. GMs miss picks and even at 9. Plenty of people said Denver should have taken Farley or Fields.
Denver played it well getting a QB IMO. I never thought Wilson would have been a legit option.
CEH was a reach, but it was also practically a 2nd round pick. I think Mahomes actually deserves a lot of the blame for that one. I’d heard he lobbied pretty hard for CEH.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:30 AM 07-31-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Nothing you can say will erase the stench of Paton being ranked dead last...haha. You were even picking 16 spots ahead of KC in every round...just putrid.

So keep on trying to talk shit about KC's front office...they are wiping the floor with your incompetent franchise.
These Dungver retards have zero clue what they’re talking about in this GM vs GM debate. Look at the records of the teams they’ve put on the fields. That’s the final factor. Let’s do the evaluations, shall we??

Team A - has won the AFCW every year of their tenure, has been to 4 straight AFCCG, been to back to back Super Bowls with one championship.

Team B - has finished in last place in their division every year of their tenure, won only one divisional game, and hasn’t beaten team A in 2509 days (and counting).

Which GM would you pick??
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:44 AM 07-31-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
RT has been a major issue for years. Like for a decade.

Bolles and Risner have been pretty steady at LT and LG since 2020.

Glasgow was solid at RG until he got hurt, but he has been supplanted by Meinerz.

We were good at center under Matt Paradis and Connor McGovern, but they left for big contracts elsewhere and Lloyd Cushenberry has been pretty bad the last two years. I think Glasgow should start at center, but it doesn't seem like they're going to move on from Cushenberry just yet.

Finding OL is easy!!

https://milehighsports.com/broncos-2...sing-2020/amp/

Unless your the Dungkeys.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:52 AM 07-31-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Why in the world would he do that? Fuck no, he wouldn't.

You're fucking nuts.
They seem to be forgetting that we have 2 top 10 corners on our team, and they weren’t first round picks. And obviously they would trade every draft Failway and Private Paton have had for our 2017 draft. But as we all know. Dungver doesn’t know anything about drafting quarterbacks.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 11:16 AM 07-31-2022
PFF's take on positional value:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-using-p...-the-nfl-draft

CB is 10.6x more valuable than a center, according to PFF.
CB is 5.5x more valuable than a guard, according to PFF.
CB is 2.7x more valuable than a LB, according to PFF.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:24 AM 07-31-2022

PFFs take on Dungvers last 5 seasons…. Last place in the AFCW:-)
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:27 AM 07-31-2022
One of my favorite threads on the main page, it just keeps on giving. :-)

Poor Donkey fans, can't get too hyped after spending time in here. :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 11:31 AM 07-31-2022

Now do PFF's take on the Chief's draft class.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:43 AM 07-31-2022

Veach drafted damn good corners in the 4th and 6th rd and traded for an undrafted one that was excellent.

Good thing Veach doesn’t need a top 10 pick to find good corners :-)

Among corners with at least 175 snaps, PFF ranks Rashad Fenton (No. 4), L'Jarius Sneed (No. 8) and Charvarius Ward (No. 15) among the top 15 players in the league in terms of coverage grade since Week 8. No other team has three guys in the top 15.#Staturday pic.twitter.com/UzVYNMPPlB

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) November 27, 2021

L’Jarius Sneed

Number 1 rookie DB in the NFL, per @PFF pic.twitter.com/cKnX3D2Wd5

— Peter Schrager (@PSchrags) January 30, 2021

[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:56 AM 07-31-2022

I like your super scientific chart and all, but corner was not a massive need for the Broncos, while OL was a huge need for KC. Paton could have drafted Mac Jones and had a respectable team last year. The fact that Wilson fell into his lap doesn’t make the previous year’s decision better.

But again…why are we even talking about Surtain? No GM deserves a lot of credit for landing a decent talent with the 9th pick.
[Reply]
GROB 12:28 PM 07-31-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Veach drafted damn good corners in the 4th and 6th rd and traded for an undrafted one that was excellent.

Good thing Veach doesn’t need a top 10 pick to find good corners :-)

Make sure you always use his rookie year if using PFF. Haven't heard it on here but KC fans I know said he fell back from rookie year a hit and didn't leap forward. I personally do not put much stock in PFF because half of the time they don't know the call or who has responsibility on any given play.

Sneed isn't even rated the best CB by PFF on his team.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-outside...aire-alexander
[Reply]
GROB 12:31 PM 07-31-2022

But again…why are we even talking about Surtain? No GM deserves a lot of credit for landing a decent talent with the 9th pick.
A lot of people have picked Poe, Fisher, Ty Jackson or Dorsey types up high.
[Reply]
Page 2993 of 4866
« First < 1993249328932943298329892990299129922993 299429952996299730033043309334933993 > Last »
Up