ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Hall of Classics>PPL, Dissent and New Posters
KCJohnny 12:04 PM 08-25-2001
PPL: Planet party line. Marty/Gun "sucks" (not my choice of words), Rams West is COOOOOL, 6-10 under Vermiel is better than 9-7 with Gun, all ex-Chiefs are money-grubbing scum suckers who are overrated anyway, T-Rich ain't good enuff, etc...

Dissent: People who post replies not in conformity to the PPL.

New Posters: People who innocently post their actual opinions rather than subscribe to the PPL and get shouted down by the clique of regulars touting the conventional wisdom.

Oh well, its only football, and most of us deserve each other.

KCJ
Football Paraiah
[Reply]
Luzap 08:49 AM 08-27-2001
Gaz,

Very, very, very well put.

Luz
nothing to add...
[Reply]
oleman47 08:53 AM 08-27-2001
I have been attacked by KC and a few others, but I do not share your anger. There does seem to a group think, but this is only I think a product of the constituency of the BB. This is predominately a conservative board, so any other veiwpoint is not always met with much thought other than derision. Same on football, most are in agreement and some don't like a contrary opinion.

What we all have to do is talk about the opinion, and not the person. It is ok to say Gunther is a bad head coach, but to attribute a list of personal evils to him is not germane and usually very inaccurate. IE Just talking smack is more reflection on the on the originator of the smack than on any answer to a subject.

The current fad of the "ignore button", the "get lost" diatribes, etc. are usually I think by younger, maybe sheltered individuals who have not faced dissent. However, it is a free country and smack, ill manners, lack of judgement, prejudice, ignorance, stupifying rigidity in the face of reality, are all to be tolerated.
[Reply]
philfree 08:54 AM 08-27-2001
You shouldn't agree with Gaz, Luz. Somebody might accuse you of being part of the PPL.

PhilFree :cool:
~thinks KCJ is being a big baby~
[Reply]
Luzap 08:57 AM 08-27-2001
splatbass,

How you derived 'Democrats are unintelligent' from my post ~ I have no idea.

The subject was KCJohnny taking truth and spinning it out of all recognition.

If you believe that Clinton never inhaled, that Repubs want dirty water and kids to starve, that Condut has fully co-operated with the police ~ then that's your business.

I mention this DNC blather to Johnny because I don't believe it ~ And neither does Johnny.

Luz
would be happy to test your political knowledge ~ or anything else ~ preferably on a different thread...
[Reply]
Luzap 09:01 AM 08-27-2001
philfree,

What could I have been thinking?

OK, I don't agree with gaz...

Luz
but does this mean i agree with you???... :confused:
[Reply]
MrBlond 09:02 AM 08-27-2001
I disagree with everything posted on this thread. Even this post.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:03 AM 08-27-2001
KCJ

Remember: Don't leave angry. Just friggin leave already. It's amazing how sensitive you've become. I used to enjoy your differing opinion and insights on the Star BB. Now I'm just tired of your whining and self righteous attitude.

Later
[Reply]
philfree 09:05 AM 08-27-2001
Luz, Can you say "catch 22".

PhilFree :cool:
[Reply]
58Forever 09:17 AM 08-27-2001
I guess I belong to the OPPL (other people's party line) because I don't agree with ALL the generalizations spouted by KCJ...

What crawled up you arse and died johnny?
[Reply]
Logical 09:22 AM 08-27-2001
Donald,

I know this is rare but mostly in the post quoted below I agree with you, nice post!

Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by oleman47
I have been attacked by KC and a few others, but I do not share your anger. There does seem to a group think, but this is only I think a product of the constituency of the BB. This is predominately a conservative board, so any other veiwpoint is not always met with much thought other than derision. Same on football, most are in agreement and some don't like a contrary opinion.

What we all have to do is talk about the opinion, and not the person. It is ok to say Gunther is a bad head coach, but to attribute a list of personal evils to him is not germane and usually very inaccurate. IE Just talking smack is more reflection on the on the originator of the smack than on any answer to a subject.

The current fad of the "ignore button", the "get lost" diatribes, etc. are usually I think by younger, maybe sheltered individuals who have not faced dissent. However, it is a free country and smack, ill manners, lack of judgement, prejudice, ignorance, stupifying rigidity in the face of reality, are all to be tolerated.

[Reply]
oleman47 10:06 AM 08-27-2001
Onery!

Thanks, but don't give up me yet--just as onery.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 11:48 AM 08-27-2001
Anyone else having a problem with flatulence today?
[Reply]
Phobia 11:53 AM 08-27-2001
Not today, Bob. But a couple of weeks ago, I spent the weekend in Austin with some former friends. I think they are "former" friends because we ate mexican food and drank much brew during that long weekend. If flatulance were an Olympic event, I was the favorite to win then.

Nice post, Bob. Excellant diversionary tactic. I think we'll have lots of other responses to the "other" gas problem.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 12:04 PM 08-27-2001
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by Robert_Dole
Anyone else having a problem with flatulence today?

Bob, farting is never a problem. It is a blessing. There's nothing quite like sitting in a cloud of your own garlic induced vapor.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 12:06 PM 08-27-2001
Last night's chicken spaghetti was excellent, but obviously had a little extra something...
[Reply]
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Up