ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 27
< 12 345612 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Chiefs are racist
falstaff 04:06 PM 08-01-2001
How can you guys be fans of a clearly racist team? Teams like the 'Redskins' and the 'Chiefs' are clearly depicting American Indians in an inappropriate manner. As if the white man has not done enough damage to the Indian culture and heritage, football teams like the Chiefs must portray Indians and their mascot and portray American Indians in a demoralizing manner.

The US would never stand for team names like the 'Honkies', 'Spooks', 'RagHeads', 'WOPs', or 'Slants'. Why then should we be subjected to the desecration of the American Indian?

By simply supporting this, what I consider to be a criminal organization, you are backing the negative portrayal of the American Indian. Therefore, I consider you not Chiefs fans, but racists. The path to Arrowhead Stadium is truly a Trail of Tears.
keg in kc 04:32 PM 08-01-2001
By the way, as if it mattered, I have Cherokee blood flowing through my veins, as does my soon-to-be wife.

Neither one of us is offended by the team, nor do we see the Chiefs as racist in any way.
HC_Chief 04:32 PM 08-01-2001
My post is not intended to stir up trouble or slander the your team in anyway. I only hope to get the fans to realize that the team they support is racist

Oh really? Is THAT why you came on here and labled an entire fan base racist?

piss-off troll
bishop_74 04:33 PM 08-01-2001
falstaff,
Well I hate to do this, but I am getting tired of hearing the same stupid comment over and over again. First and foremost, I must say that...

YOU ARE A MORON!!!!

Since when has the word "Chief" been used as a derogatory term. How offended would an American Indian be if you called him something that he should be proud of, as opposed to a slang term that would insult a person from a particular race??? Why don't you THINK for more than 3 seconds before spouting of your unreasearched political garbage and offend people with your ignorance.

Thanks for completely wasting my time by actually having me read this rediculous post, and know now that everyone is actually DUMBER from haven taken your view point in to consideration.
falstaff 04:34 PM 08-01-2001
YOU FOOLS!

The mere fact that you do not associate CHIEFS, ARROWHEAD, ETC with AMERICAN INDIANS is silly. Wake up to the racism, you breed! You cannot make this world a better place by supporting racism.

And to anwser many of your questions, NO, I am NOT and American Indian. But, as a member of the human race, I feel it is my duty to SUPPORT my fellow man, be he white, black, brown or blue! You 'fans' however tear down the walls of harmony by sterotyping an enitre race.

I would not be suprised to see the KC helmet replace with a white hood!!
Warrior5 04:35 PM 08-01-2001
Just for the sake of free speech in an open forum, clarify how the Chiefs "...portray American Indians in a demoralizing manner." Please be specific.

The mascot is a wolf.
The Arrowhead is proudly emblazoned on the helmets.

In a genuine attempt to remain objective, I could understand how some people may be sensitive to the term "Redskins", but again I don't see Marty Schottenheimer doing anything desecrating American Indians concerning his team.

I will agree with you that for the last three years the path to and from Arrowhead has been a Trail of Tears.

...hoping the Tomahawk Chop returns to Arrowhead in full force this year...
hawaiianboy 04:36 PM 08-01-2001
Every single year someone complains. Just watch, some PETA hump will eventually get on you guys for all that damn BBQ you put away.

Change the name to the KC Hawaiians in my honor, my people won't complain....
HC_Chief 04:36 PM 08-01-2001

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM FEEDING THE TROLLS

This as been a public service announcement.

Thanks. :-)
bishop_74 04:36 PM 08-01-2001
He not a troll, he is an ignorant fool
bishop_74 04:37 PM 08-01-2001
We never said we didn't associate Indians with the Chiefs, we just said that the word "Chiefs" is not derogatory. Go home dummy...
keg in kc 04:38 PM 08-01-2001
Uhm, Falstaff, even if the terms are associated with American Indians, how are they racist? What's deragatory about any of the terms you mentioned?

Weak argument with weak logic by a weak-minded troll.

Go try this on a Redskins board, or a Braves board, or maybe even an Indians board. You clearly don't know enough about this franchise or its history to waste any more of our time.
ExtremeChief 04:40 PM 08-01-2001
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by falstaff
But, as a member of the human race, I feel it is my duty to SUPPORT my fellow man, be he white, black, brown or blue!

So this is "supporting your fellow man"???

Donate to charity, mentor a child, help the homeless...

Why dont you worry about your own ethinicity, I'm sure there are many underpriveliged trolls looking for help...
HC_Chief 04:42 PM 08-01-2001
Think I'm gonna go whine on a Notre Dame bulletin board. How dare they depict Irishmen as little, orange-bearded, green-Leprechaun suit wearing, bar-fighting buffoons!

It's an OUTRAGE I tell you! An outrage!

boo hoo

boo hoo hoo hoo

Oh, how cruel the world is...

boo hoo hoo

:-)
keg in kc 04:45 PM 08-01-2001
There's this garage down the street that depicts a big fat guy in a plaid kilt playing bagpipes.

Bastards!
falstaff 04:46 PM 08-01-2001
I suppose my goal of enlightning the Chiefs 'fans' to the racism they breed and spread has failed. The only response I recieve is either rejecting the FACT that the Cheifs are assoicated with American Indians, or being labeled a 'troll'.

This is not surprising. Apperently, it is not enough that the Chiefs fans sterotype and labe an entire race, they must sterotype and label anyone who is not in complete agreement with their views. Call me crazy, but I would call the above a clear definition of racism. I can hear the goosestepping toward Arrowhead as we speak.
splatbass 04:47 PM 08-01-2001
I am partly of Cherokee/Choctaw ancestry, and I don't find the name "Chiefs" to be derogatory at all. I do find the name "Redskins" offensive. The dictionary defines it as "offensive slang", the same term it uses to describe the "N" word. Not all Indians agree, though. The Redskins have a lot of fans in the Eastern Band of Cherokee in North Carolina. In the end it is not something that I spend much time worrying about. It would be nice if the Redskins changed their name, but it's not going to happen, so lets move on.
Page 2 of 27
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up