ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Breeland returning in 2021?
Megatron96 01:54 PM 01-08-2021
Pro Football Focus projects that Bashaud Breeland will be back with the Chiefs in 2020 and beyond.

Originally Posted by :
"It might feel a bit off to think about the upcoming NFL free agency period as a fan of the Kansas City Chiefs, but looking around, it’s clear that most NFL fan bases are already dreaming of what could be in 2021. For that reason, the folks over at Pro Football Focus have put together their list of Top 100 Free Agents along with their predictions of where they will land. For the Chiefs, their lone projection is that they’ll bring back a familiar face.

Cornerback Bashaud Breeland comes in at No. 90 overall on their list, and their analysis has him landing a two-year deal worth up to $10 million ($5.5M guaranteed) to stay with the Chiefs in 2021 and beyond.

Breeland has certainly been a welcome addition back this season, especially given how well he performed for the team after returning from a four-game suspension to start the year. After L’Jarius Sneed went down with a fractured collarbone and missed several games following a strong start, Breeland’s return helped stabilize the secondary and gave the Chiefs plenty of depth down the stretch as everyone came back healthy."
Complete article here:
https://arrowheadaddict.com/2021/01/...e-sign-chiefs/
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:28 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Chiefs signing 1 FA from the top 100, and its our own guy Breezy? Come on... some of those guys will be willing to take a haircut to play with the MVP.

Also they have both Bell and Aaron Jones going to Miami, which seems odd.
I have this pesky feeling that if Schwartz really is done, they're going to go hard after Taylor Moton. It just fits so nicely... reading that scouting report of him is very similar to what you would have read about Schwartz before he signed in KC.

Schwartz's vacated deal would free up most of the room by itself.
[Reply]
cmh6476 02:39 PM 01-22-2021
hopefully
[Reply]
Sofa King 02:45 PM 01-22-2021
Did anyone hear anything at all on Breeland? We need him for an INT in the Super Bowl again and two this week.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:45 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Did anyone hear anything at all on Breeland? We need him for an INT in the Super Bowl again and two this week.
Practiced all week, listed as questionable on the injury report.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:59 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
With Ward, Fenton, Snead, Baker and you can include Keyes, I am not sure how much need there is for us to worry about keeping Breeland. :-)
Ward is a JAG with speed, Keyes is unproven and no one knows how Baker will fit the scheme.

Bringing back Breeland for at least another year makes sense, especially given how he always seems to step up in big games.

Teams can never have enough Cornerbacks.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:05 PM 01-22-2021
Can we cut Ward and sign Breeland long term. Him and Sneed on the outside with Fenton as the slot CB
[Reply]
Why Not? 03:06 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Ward is a JAG with speed, Keyes is unproven and no one knows how Baker will fit the scheme.

Bringing back Breeland for at least another year makes sense, especially given how he always seems to step up in big games.

Absolutely. Many here over value the hell out of Ward. I don’t get it?
[Reply]
Cosmos 03:16 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Would agree Breeland over Ward, even if it costs more, is our best move.

I do have concerns about Brees off the field lifestyle, so that is a risk.

Interesting to see how Baker and Keyes progress , and if either can be integrated into the 2021 rotation in a meaningful way...
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:20 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
I do have concerns about Brees off the field lifestyle, so that is a risk.

[Reply]
Sofa King 03:36 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Practiced all week, listed as questionable on the injury report.
I guess I was wondering if he was off the protocol is all.
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:53 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Can we cut Ward and sign Breeland long term. Him and Sneed on the outside with Fenton as the slot CB
Cut a cheap RFA?

Sure, if we’re retarded.

I’d be all about another team matching a 2nd round tender, however.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:26 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
I guess I was wondering if he was off the protocol is all.
I don't think they could list him as questionable if he wasn't.

He'd be listed as "out" but I don't know. Maybe they have until tomorrow.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:27 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Cut a cheap RFA?

Sure, if we’re retarded.

I’d be all about another team matching a 2nd round tender, however.
Exactly.
[Reply]
mkp785 04:46 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Aaron Jones? Why on God's green Earth would Aaron Jones go to MIA? He not happy working with a HOF QB and knowing that the playoffs are a lock every year?
Aaron Jones makes a ton of sense for them. Both sides. GB just drafted a RB in the 2nd round. They've moved on most likely and have 2 guys from that awesome line coming up as FAs (Linsely and someone else).

Meanwhile the phins have a ton of money available and a young QB who could use a veteran running back to lean on. Jones can catch and run equally well and would work fine from Miami's line. From what I've seen of him on the sidelines, he'd probably love the Miami nightlife and who among wouldn't like to not have to pay state taxes?

I'd be shocked if he's still in green and yellow next season.
[Reply]
wheeler08 05:31 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Absolutely. Many here over value the hell out of Ward. I don’t get it?
I was a Ward fan his first 2 years, but he’s let me down this year. Every play he’s just always there, but not making the play to break up the pass. I mean literally every completion he gives up, he’s right there, but just not making the breakup.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up