ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3101 of 3903
« First < 2101260130013051309130973098309931003101 31023103310431053111315132013601 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 10:44 AM 11-12-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
But 10 pm curfew is stupid. Coronavirus only comes out at night, eh?
It's aimed at drunken parties from what I can tell.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:46 AM 11-12-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
You're just arguing to argue now.
You stated that it's obvious to everyone. If that's the case, you should be able to provide a definition that everyone can agree on.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:46 AM 11-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I kind of think that any discussions of "lockdowns" should be required to include a definition of what you're talking about. We've had mandatory masks and reduced capacity at restaurants and workplaces here for pretty much the entire time. Is that a "lockdown"? Because when I think of lockdowns I think stay at home orders, all restaurants and schools closed, etc.

I think it's very unlikely we'd go back to that style of lockdown, but it wouldn't surprise me if things tighten up with some of the less severe restrictions.
So why did Colorado have the 14th most new cases yesterday of you guys have already been doing all these things and didn't "open up" so to speak? Serious question.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:47 AM 11-12-2020
Would you consider my area locked down right now?

-Bars are closed
-Gyms are closed
-Restaurants and offices are 25% capacity
-Masks are required
-No more than 5 people in a private gathering
-10pm curfew for all but essential workers
no.

you wanna see what "lockdown" is try what my family was doing (and is back to doing) in Milan. You have government issued hall passes to be out on a certain day to run errands. Only one person per household can go.

You get to go for groceries, medicine, and tobacco (:-))

What you're dealing with is what I'd call a shutdown or restriction. If you can go sit in a restaurant, you ain't in lockdown.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:48 AM 11-12-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
So why did Colorado have the 14th most new cases yesterday of you guys have already been doing all these things and didn't "open up" so to speak? Serious question.
Those levels of restrictions have only been implemented in the past two weeks. We've had SOME restrictions the entire time, but not all of those.

The biggest theories are that schools (colleges in particular) have caused things to spike like crazy.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:49 AM 11-12-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
In regards to these mRNA vaccines storage. Here is a good article about how rural and low income areas won't be able to provide these because the costs of the very low temp fridge units are expensive and currently the government isn't going to help.

Also the CDC is telling cities not to buy these because other vaccines won't require them.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/11/11/...vid19-vaccine/
That's fucked up. I wonder if you'll see rural areas using a different vaccine, or people going to the city to get vaccinated.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:50 AM 11-12-2020
Those levels of restrictions have only been implemented in the past two weeks. We've had SOME restrictions the entire time, but not all of those.
Ah Ok.

Its hard telling who is doing what right now.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:51 AM 11-12-2020
Ah Ok.

Its hard telling who is doing what right now.
Thus, my pushing back on what a "lockdown" is. Everyone's doing it differently.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:53 AM 11-12-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Oxford is finishing up phase 3 last I read and results should be out anytime.

There are 3 or 4 others not far behind.

I hate putting an exact time on it, but I'd guess by late spring 2021 this will be pretty much over. Not all due to vaccines sadly, but with immunity from infections and vaccines etc.
we are so fucking far from herd immunity it's terrifying.

10 million cases.
300 million people.

we'd need 15 times the number of sick people to reach the bare minimum threshold, and there is no guarantee you don't need 60-70% infected.
[Reply]
O.city 10:53 AM 11-12-2020
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
That's ****ed up. I wonder if you'll see rural areas using a different vaccine, or people going to the city to get vaccinated.
I would imagine they’ll have something figured out
[Reply]
O.city 10:54 AM 11-12-2020
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
we are so ****ing far from herd immunity it's terrifying.

10 million cases.
300 million people.

we'd need 15 times the number of sick people to reach the bare minimum threshold, and there is no guarantee you don't need 60-70% infected.
We’ve identified 10 million infections. Last cdc estimate I saw was we probably caught about 1 in 10

So that would change a little bit
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:55 AM 11-12-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I would imagine they’ll have something figured out
God, I hope so. But also, that's the point of having multiple vaccines that are based on different technologies, I guess? one size doesn't seem like it will fit all.

I know the evidence suggests there won't be a snag on side effects, based on the way the technology works, but man oh man... we really need this shit fast.
[Reply]
Pants 10:55 AM 11-12-2020
Based off what exactly?

Locally we just had 6 people die from Covid, average age 85. 5 of the 6 lived in a long term healthcare facility.

At this point how are people in these facilities still getting Covid? A coworkers wife works at the facility. The patients are isolated from each other, the employees are tested regularly and wear masks and other PPE.
Based on large scale studies I referenced earlier.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 10:59 AM 11-12-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
In regards to these mRNA vaccines storage. Here is a good article about how rural and low income areas won't be able to provide these because the costs of the very low temp fridge units are expensive and currently the government isn't going to help.

Also the CDC is telling cities not to buy these because other vaccines won't require them.
The Moderna mRNA vaccine only requires -4 degrees which isn't extreme.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:01 AM 11-12-2020
Would you consider my area locked down right now?

-Bars are closed
-Gyms are closed
-Restaurants and offices are 25% capacity
-Masks are required
-No more than 5 people in a private gathering
-10pm curfew for all but essential workers
Yes, that’s a “lockdown” but when most people talk about a “lockdown” they think the lockdown in April where all commerce shut down except for essential businesses.
[Reply]
Page 3101 of 3903
« First < 2101260130013051309130973098309931003101 31023103310431053111315132013601 > Last »
Up