ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 330
« First < 414748495051 5253545561101151 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rasslin is YES! YES! YES!
Reaper16 09:58 AM 04-08-2014
Last thread has well over 10,000 replies. Its body is breaking down like The Undertaker's. Seeing as we might have crossed the threshold into a new era in the business, here's a fresh new thread.

[Reply]
KCrockaholic 10:50 PM 07-19-2015
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
In general, I agree about Owens. But I ask this in all sincerity: how the **** do you earnestly get heat back on him after tonight?
He's a heel, but people like him. I don't know how much heat was on him in the first place aside from typical Cena homer. The mistake to me was that he lost via submission. It makes him look weaker than via pinfall. I can't tell where the direction is going with that feud but my guess is Owens will have to come out with something bold starting tomorrow if they're going for round 4.
[Reply]
Mav 10:59 PM 07-19-2015
It was a great show until taker showed up. Stupid end to a great show.
[Reply]
Reaper16 10:59 PM 07-19-2015
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
He's a heel, but people like him. I don't know how much heat was on him in the first place aside from typical Cena homer. The mistake to me was that he lost via submission. It makes him look weaker than via pinfall. I can't tell where the direction is going with that feud but my guess is Owens will have to come out with something bold starting tomorrow if they're going for round 4.
Exactly! The tap-out is the whole problem. If he uses ALL his strength to kick out of the 2nd rope AA and then gets pinned after one more regular AA? Fine. That's a loss that doesn't kill him. Makes him look tough, actually. If he uses ALL his strength to kick out of the 2nd rope AA and then gets locked in the STF and passes out, forcing a ref stoppage? Fine. Doesn't kill him & makes him look tough, actually.

But going through what he did and CHOOSING to tap out? Awful. Kills him. Owens had a special vibe around him & now he feels like any other mid-card WWE heel.
[Reply]
Reaper16 11:01 PM 07-19-2015
Oh well. I'm looking forward to NJPW's G1 Climax starting tomorrow morning, because I love pro wrestling that's booked with a modicum of intelligence.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 11:06 PM 07-19-2015
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
Exactly! The tap-out is the whole problem. If he uses ALL his strength to kick out of the 2nd rope AA and then gets pinned after one more regular AA? Fine. That's a loss that doesn't kill him. Makes him look tough, actually. If he uses ALL his strength to kick out of the 2nd rope AA and then gets locked in the STF and passes out, forcing a ref stoppage? Fine. Doesn't kill him & makes him look tough, actually.

But going through what he did and CHOOSING to tap out? Awful. Kills him. Owens had a special vibe around him & now he feels like any other mid-card WWE heel.
WWE isn't ready to make Cena look just like a beatable guy either. Nor will they. Once they do that, and Cena begins losing to fresh guys it will kill him in the eyes of the business. He's still their superman. WWE's just letting talented guys like Reigns and Rollins have some spotlight.

But Owens still has a bit of the "it" factor that those guys previously mentioned never had. Wyatt was close, but that door is shut for now. This was still Owens' first moments in WWE after stepping up from the perceived triple-A of wrestling (NXT). And he's shown himself to be a contender if by nothing else than the fact that he can put on a show. I think fans respect him for that alone, and ultimately he'll end up being a face after a while despite the bad attitude.
[Reply]
Jerm 06:17 AM 07-20-2015
Vince is in desperation mode...kinda funny to watch.

Any juice Rollins had as champ was obliterated last night, Taker coming in and taking Brock out like that was quite honestly silly....the guy has been running through everyone left and right, can't be stopped, but suddenly a guy he beat last year shows up and he's totally afraid and then is promptly drilled into the mat.

Everyone else looks like a complete joke now...Taker couldn't even move FFS...and what now, they turning Brock back heel? Ok.

Cena going over Owens didn't exactly make sense either and him tapping out was stupid...don't know what you do with Owens now and I can easily see Cena going back into the WHT picture, Rollins doesn't really have a program now for Summerslam.

It's pretty clear they have no clear direction and just make rash, from the hip decisions in hopes of spiking ratings.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:50 AM 07-20-2015
Dunn... That poor kid. He bogeyed one when he came up short of the bern on with his wedge, resulting in the bogey.

On two he sliced terribly right, hit a provisional terribly right, then hit a second provisional a little less right. Poor dude.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:51 AM 07-20-2015
Sorry lads, wrong thread...
[Reply]
Reaper16 08:15 AM 07-20-2015
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Dunn... That poor kid. He bogeyed one when he came up short of the bern on with his wedge, resulting in the bogey.

On two he sliced terribly right, hit a provisional terribly right, then hit a second provisional a little less right. Poor dude.
Roman Reigns still has time on his side to learn the business, IMO. He's trying hard.
[Reply]
Mav 10:19 AM 07-20-2015
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Vince is in desperation mode...kinda funny to watch.

Any juice Rollins had as champ was obliterated last night, Taker coming in and taking Brock out like that was quite honestly silly....the guy has been running through everyone left and right, can't be stopped, but suddenly a guy he beat last year shows up and he's totally afraid and then is promptly drilled into the mat.

Everyone else looks like a complete joke now...Taker couldn't even move FFS...and what now, they turning Brock back heel? Ok.

Cena going over Owens didn't exactly make sense either and him tapping out was stupid...don't know what you do with Owens now and I can easily see Cena going back into the WHT picture, Rollins doesn't really have a program now for Summerslam.

It's pretty clear they have no clear direction and just make rash, from the hip decisions in hopes of spiking ratings.

What juice? His entire title run had been about opportunity, from Kane handing him money in the bank, to the authority always making the save. The only think that made sense was that someone would save Rollins. My guess was maybe Samoa Joe. The taker makes some sense because Brock just attacked Kane, but then again taker saving Rollins makes no sense.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:40 AM 07-20-2015
Originally Posted by Mav:
What juice? His entire title run had been about opportunity, from Kane handing him money in the bank, to the authority always making the save. The only think that made sense was that someone would save Rollins. My guess was maybe Samoa Joe. The taker makes some sense because Brock just attacked Kane, but then again taker saving Rollins makes no sense.
That is true...his title run has been completely lackluster.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 10:43 AM 07-20-2015
Thought the taker interference was odd. Seems to me (apart from the major draw brock vs taker will be) that it was forced because they cant have brock win the belt again and needed an out. I think its going to be interesting to see where rollins goes from here. I imagine that itll be ambrose vs rollins at summerslam with dean going over.

Wyatt and harper vs reigns and sting could be interesting.

Owens losing like that was confusing. For a second there, I thought they would have him pass out so he could argue he never lost and should get a rematch at summerslam. I honestly love the cena us open challenges, but I think its crucial that owens goes over cena at summerslam now. Not sure how they continue that fued though now. Tapping out was really the worst possible finish for owens.
[Reply]
Captain Obvious 03:03 PM 07-20-2015
I don't know how it sounded on the network, but Owens had the biggest pop last night (Ok, minus Taker). And tons and tons of t-shirts. Tons. I, too, think the way the match ended was terrible booking but I'm not concerned about Owens losing momentum at all.
[Reply]
Mav 04:36 PM 07-20-2015
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious:
I don't know how it sounded on the network, but Owens had the biggest pop last night (Ok, minus Taker). And tons and tons of t-shirts. Tons. I, too, think the way the match ended was terrible booking but I'm not concerned about Owens losing momentum at all.

That's where I'm at. I could see Rollins Owens and not even be mad.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 04:39 PM 07-20-2015
is Raw in KC tonight?
[Reply]
Page 51 of 330
« First < 414748495051 5253545561101151 > Last »
Up