ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2158 of 3903
« First < 1158165820582108214821542155215621572158 215921602161216221682208225826583158 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
farmerchief 03:39 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
i must have missed where you talked about how your eyes and ears breathe...
Must be related to Nuke LaLoosh?
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 03:40 PM 05-21-2020
This is a neat site

https://biorender.com/covid-vaccine-tracker
[Reply]
Eleazar 03:43 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Canadian immigrants are the worst.
Careful, those rats are hiding behind every corner :-)
[Reply]
sedated 03:44 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
I'm sure pete is the guy who never loses an argument. Even when realizes he's wrong, he will keep arguing for the sake of not losing. I was like that when I was 17, I think.
It's like arguing with my ex-GF. Taking the tiniest things to an extreme, twisting things around, and changing the subject until you are just too exhausted to continue. Arguing for an hour just to end up right back where you started.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:46 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Careful, those rats are hiding behind every corner :-)
Allegedly . . . .
[Reply]
limested 03:46 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
What size particulate? I am guessing but I would think a microscopic COVID 19 spore whatever you call it would go through a dust mask like a dandelion seed floats through a chain-link fence.
Even with that stupid analogy some of those dandelion spores will hit the chain link and be knocked down and not pass through.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:50 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
It's like arguing with my ex-GF. Taking the tiniest things to an extreme, twisting things around, and changing the subject until you are just too exhausted to continue. Arguing for an hour just to end up right back where you started.
Two to Tango. . . . Maybe Pete wouldn't be so het up to cause havoc if there weren't so many posters venting their resentment at every anecdote social media can stuff down their gullet. Hard to reconcile anyone claiming to take the crisis seriously and soberly who devotes so much of their free time to grousing about rando Karens and Chads.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:50 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by limested:
Even with that stupid analogy some of those dandelion spores will hit the chain link and be knocked down and not pass through.
Eh, I don't think it's a stupid analogy. It just doesn't quite fit given the various studies that have absolutely shown that masks catch some stuff.

The fence is fine. It's the projectile that's the issue. Perhaps the most accurate version would be a fence with hundreds of different types of sports balls being thrown at it. The fence will catch all of the basketballs and baseballs except the weird errant one that goes over the top. Golf balls are hit and miss. Marbles? Eh, those are almost entirely going right through.

And the fence is much more effective if someone is kicking balls from 2 feet away (the wearer) than it is from balls being kicked from 30 feet away, some of which are going to go above and around the fence (everyone else).
[Reply]
petegz28 03:53 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Do you understand that the world is not always black and white?

I'd have to dig to find my source for it (I posted it probably a month ago), but it seems like it was like 30-40% reduction in particles for the wearer and 70-80% reduction of particles getting out.
Oh so now suddenly it isn't black and white???? WTF was this when I said that?
[Reply]
DaFace 03:54 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Oh so now suddenly it isn't black and white???? WTF was this when I said that?
This is a black and white statement.

Masks protect others from you, not you from others.

[Reply]
limested 04:01 PM 05-21-2020
He will use the excuse that medical masks are usually blue not black or white.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:02 PM 05-21-2020
Taken by a nurse friend of mine ...

Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Masks are not respirators and are not intended to be. They do reduce the spread of respiratory droplets that the virus travels on. Viruses don't fly around in the air with their own propulsion system. If you knock the majority of the droplets down at the mask or near the wearer, you knock the virus down.
Those people are still being protected by the people wearing them properly, same goes for vaccineS the anti Vaxers are still being protected by vaccines whether they believe in them or not.
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Dumbass post has already been discussed. Old news from March which was mostly used as a measure to stop people from hoarding masks from front line workers and because at that time it was believed COVID-19 was more of a surface virus.

It's also been shown in the past month that this is more of an airborne transmission than a surface transmission like previously thought. Masks help stop the spread of the airborne virus if the person wearing it were contagious.
Pete I have been the one from the beginning saying masks on an individual basis are not effective at protecting people from getting it , but is more to protect people from you. surgeons wear masks to protect the patient not themselves but when blood goes flying it can still offer some when used properly.

if you are not wearing a mask but everybody around is it can reduce the viral load in the environment/air . If used properly (like sterile equipment ) it can offer short term protection in areas where social distancing is not possible.
It does both , one to a lesser degree than the other .

At first I thought you actually wanted to learn more about this , but I am starting to wonder.

So we quickly moved from masks are for protecting people from spreading it to both spreading and getting it because yeah
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:03 PM 05-21-2020
Do you understand that the world is not always black and white?

I'd have to dig to find my source for it (I posted it probably a month ago), but it seems like it was like 30-40% reduction in particles for the wearer and 70-80% reduction of particles getting out.
Is all about risk limitation.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:06 PM 05-21-2020
How about the precious CDC stating nothing about it preventing you from getting it? They do, however, state it is to protect others from you.

We can go round and round about this but as you can see the whole "it does both" argument just cropped up today as a matter of convenience.
[Reply]
Monticore 04:08 PM 05-21-2020
So we quickly moved from masks are for protecting people from spreading it to both spreading and getting it because yeah
It is fault for assuming you had any understanding in the first place therefore didn’t think we needed to explain everything from day one in each one of our posts , you also force us to argue multiple things at once which is a very hard target to hit sometimes.

My stance on masks hasn’t changed from day 1.
[Reply]
Page 2158 of 3903
« First < 1158165820582108214821542155215621572158 215921602161216221682208225826583158 > Last »
Up