ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Derrick Henry may be a free agent
displacedinMN 10:35 AM 07-14-2020

Titans and Derrick Henry are not expected to reach a long-term deal by Wednesday deadline for franchise players, per source. Henry is scheduled to make $10.27M this season and become a free agent in off-season.

Any franchise deals by Wednesday will be an exception, not the rule.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) July 14, 2020

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:35 AM 03-07-2023
Titans have already ran him into the ground.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:38 AM 03-07-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
It’s not as bad as the Chiefs but it’s bad.

Bills will win by Allen throwing the ball. Not handing it off to Henry 30 times. Because that’s what it takes to “wear a defense down”.
The Bills have been lacking a credible running game outside of Allen for some time and have been said to be interested in acquiring a running back at various points. Having someone like Henry would open up the offense. It's not far fetched.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:39 AM 03-07-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
The Bills have been lacking a credible running game outside of Allen for some time and have been said to be interested in acquiring a running back at various points. Having someone like Henry would open up the offense. It's not far fetched.
I hope they do it. Any short term gains would be offset greatly in the long term. Giving Henry money at this point in his career is a completely short-sighted move.

So yeah, I definitely hope they do it.
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:34 PM 03-07-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I hope they do it. Any short term gains would be offset greatly in the long term. Giving Henry money at this point in his career is a completely short-sighted move.

So yeah, I definitely hope they do it.
I don't think he really helps them get over the hump, but if they try to fill the hole by trading picks for a RB who's reaching the down side of his career that's ok with me.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:37 PM 03-07-2023
I don't think he really helps them get over the hump, but if they try to fill the hole by trading picks for a RB who's reaching the down side of his career that's ok with me.
For sure.

I don't think he really moves the needle for the Bills. But if he were to perform to their expectations, it would still greatly benefit the Chiefs for them to tie up a bunch of money in an aging RB. If he goes there and busts, even better.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:40 PM 03-07-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
It’s not as bad as the Chiefs but it’s bad.

Bills will win by Allen throwing the ball. Not handing it off to Henry 30 times. Because that’s what it takes to “wear a defense down”.
Yeah, BUF is similar to KC in that they are both passing offenses.

BUF will never have any RB run 30 times/gm average while Josh is QB. 20 maybe. But every team that faces BUF will have to respect Henry as they didn't respect Singletary/supporting cast.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:41 PM 03-07-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
For sure.

I don't think he really moves the needle for the Bills. But if he were to perform to their expectations, it would still greatly benefit the Chiefs for them to tie up a bunch of money in an aging RB. If he goes there and busts, even better.
Maybe I’m wrong, but Henry doesn’t seem to be the type to thrive on a pitch count. Practically every time I’ve watched him, he starts sorta slow then gashes teams when they’re worn down.

I would think they’d have to really commit to running with him, which means less from Josh Allen throwing the ball. Analytically, that’s a bad decision.
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:48 PM 03-07-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Maybe I’m wrong, but Henry doesn’t seem to be the type to thrive on a pitch count. Practically every time I’ve watched him, he starts sorta slow then gashes teams when they’re worn down.

I would think they’d have to really commit to running with him, which means less from Josh Allen throwing the ball. Analytically, that’s a bad decision.
The problem they need to solve as I see it is that all their threat on the ground comes from Allen's running. Nobody needs to account for Singletary in their game plan, and Allen can't play the game like a RB forever. Having an actual ground game would not involve them moving to a run heavy scheme based on Henry, but being able to be productive when they do need to run, to have an additional threat on each play, and increase their ability to grind out the second half of games. Buffalo obviously has a problem being able to finish games.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:50 PM 03-07-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

Yep.
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:51 PM 03-07-2023
And while we're spitballing, if Henry wants to go to a contending team, would a homecoming to Jacksonville make sense? Compliment to Etienne, a team on the way up, etc.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:52 PM 03-07-2023
The problem they need to solve as I see it is that all their threat on the ground comes from Allen's running. Nobody needs to account for Singletary in their game plan, and Allen can't play the game like a RB forever. Having an actual ground game would not involve them moving to a run heavy scheme based on Henry, but being able to be productive when they do need to run, to have an additional threat on each play, and increase their ability to grind out the second half of games. Buffalo obviously has a problem being able to finish games.
Does Henry really give them that though, especially at his potential price tag?

Like smith said, he a volume runner that depends on wearing a defense down. What the Bills really need is a Jerrick McKinnon type player.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:52 PM 03-07-2023
It would also hide some of the issues they have on their OL. Can't just pass-rush all the time with Henry back there. If he gets past the LoS, he can take it the distance still.

Bottom line, it would make them a lot less one-dimensional.
[Reply]
nychief 12:56 PM 03-07-2023
Remember how good Chris Johnson was after they let him go?
[Reply]
chiefforlife 12:58 PM 03-07-2023
This would be like trading for Larry Johnson after Herm ran him into the ground.

Henrys agent must have composed that tweet.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:02 PM 03-07-2023
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
This would be like trading for Larry Johnson after Herm ran him into the ground.

Henrys agent must have composed that tweet.
Eh, Henry ran for over 1500 yds in 2022, with at least one run for 69 yds. And he's just 7 years in. He's not washed yet.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up