ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Derrick Henry may be a free agent
displacedinMN 10:35 AM 07-14-2020

Titans and Derrick Henry are not expected to reach a long-term deal by Wednesday deadline for franchise players, per source. Henry is scheduled to make $10.27M this season and become a free agent in off-season.

Any franchise deals by Wednesday will be an exception, not the rule.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) July 14, 2020

[Reply]
BWillie 08:42 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lol, Henry is not a short yardage RB. Like at all.

Whatever. He’s close to done, and we literally have zero use for him.
Did some research anx surprisingly enough that is correct. Just based on the eye test based on how he runs with such physicality one would assume it would be a strength but turns out hes just avg at it. The thought is his legs are just too long.

Either way until we start utilizing a Mahomes QB sneak a short yardage back is not as valuable to us as it could be.
[Reply]
bigjosh 08:53 PM 03-06-2023
Id be so pissed if we traded for a 29 year old run ragged rb instead of dhop. :-)
[Reply]
bigjosh 08:55 PM 03-06-2023
Side note, why are the Chiefs always listed as “teams to watch” whenever a player of any notoriety is reported as available? Its weird that it seems like every report lists the chiefs as a landing spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:59 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Side note, why are the Chiefs always listed as “teams to watch” whenever a player of any notoriety is reported as available? Its weird that it seems like every report lists the chiefs as a landing spot.

I think it's more likely that we read a Chiefs message board and people only happen to post the rumors about players who are linked to the team that the message board is about.
[Reply]
bigjosh 09:02 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I think it's more likely that we read a Chiefs message board and people only happen to post the rumors about players who are linked to the team that the message board is about.

I get that for sure, but i also see it constantly on twitter. Maybe my twitter feed algorithm is leaning chiefs too i suppose.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:03 PM 03-06-2023

everyone wants to be a Chief and we have money and draft pics
[Reply]
Bowser 09:03 PM 03-06-2023
I could see him on the Bears squad. Ravens, too.
[Reply]
Bump 09:07 PM 03-06-2023
henry is such a legend and a beast that you'd want to consider it, if for the right price. But still, we got Pacheco.

Hell, the way Pacheco runs he almost wants to be a Derick Henry type. If he put on 30 lbs of pure muscle maybe it would be possible that would probably take more than 1 offseason to accomplish.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:07 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Did some research anx surprisingly enough that is correct. Just based on the eye test based on how he runs with such physicality one would assume it would be a strength but turns out hes just avg at it. The thought is his legs are just too long.

Either way until we start utilizing a Mahomes QB sneak a short yardage back is not as valuable to us as it could be.
Couple analysts since 2019 have addressed henry's lack of efficiency on short yardage. repeatedly. I paid attention, watched the tape. I don't like to blindly believe in the stats. I was born in Columbia Mo, so you gotta show me.
[Reply]
trndobrd 09:20 PM 03-06-2023

Maybe the “insiders” just assume vets are looking for a place to get paid and get a ring.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:22 PM 03-06-2023
Daniel Sorenson Stopped Derrick Henry point blank, Enough said!
[Reply]
HC_Chief 09:32 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by trndobrd:
Maybe the “insiders” just assume vets are looking for a place to get paid and get a ring.
If they were going for a ring KC would be THE destination. If they just wanna whore themselves for cash (ahem, no offense Tyreek), then maybe KC ain't the destination? Just sayin'
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:00 PM 03-06-2023
They're literally linking The Chiefs to every name.

LOL
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:18 PM 03-06-2023
Does he even have any tread left?
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:22 PM 03-06-2023
Id rather sign Marvcus Patton to play RB
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up