ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3225 of 3903
« First < 2225272531253175321532213222322332243225 32263227322832293235327533253725 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 07:34 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
meh, back to approaching normal by March/April.....how many need to vaccinate for herd immunity?
[Reply]
O.city 07:34 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Yeah, in about 3 years. Dude, I don't know what else to tell you. I have been told from the top leadership themselves, we are not and have no plans in mandating the Covid vaccine any time soon.

I guess they are lying to everyone.
Liability concerns being what they are, Id guess nosocomial spread and or the first issue coming from that would change that tune.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:36 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Liability concerns being what they are, Id guess nosocomial spread and or the first issue coming from that would change that tune.
I think the people in charge are well aware of liability issues. And if you did mandate it you'd see a surge in religious exemptions.
[Reply]
O.city 07:36 PM 12-02-2020
It's almost like I've been saying that for months now. Everyone who works in a hospital or for a health system all says the same thing, " a lot of nurses, etc. are not going to take the vaccine".

Now you can argue about whether the should or not but the point is they aren't and the health systems cannot afford to piss off almost half of their nurses. You'll have a resource shortage and lawsuits out the ass. Not to mention the moral going down the tubes.
“If you don’t get the vaccine and get covid and can’t work, you won’t be paid for that leave”
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:37 PM 12-02-2020
It's almost like I've been saying that for months now. Everyone who works in a hospital or for a health system all says the same thing, " a lot of nurses, etc. are not going to take the vaccine".

Now you can argue about whether the should or not but the point is they aren't and the health systems cannot afford to piss off almost half of their nurses. You'll have a resource shortage and lawsuits out the ass. Not to mention the moral going down the tubes.
If you are asking my opinion every single person needs to take it so we can go back to normal. Who doesn't want that? Frustrating.
[Reply]
O.city 07:38 PM 12-02-2020
My best friends wife works in the covid unit here. Every nurse and doctor in there who haven’t already had covid are adamant that they’ll be inoculated.

I’d guess there might be a disconnect with those who do and don’t see these patients
[Reply]
petegz28 07:39 PM 12-02-2020
“If you don’t get the vaccine and get covid and can’t work, you won’t be paid for that leave”
Yeah, no. I am sorry but I can tell you for a fact that one of the health systems in the area, not ours, has nurses with Covid working as long as they aren't showing symptoms.

Please just stop with it already.

And FTR, if you get sick for any reason you have PTO and stick time you can take.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:40 PM 12-02-2020
My best friends wife works in the covid unit here. Every nurse and doctor in there who haven’t already had covid are adamant that they’ll be inoculated.

I’d guess there might be a disconnect with those who do and don’t see these patients
Well I guess the nurses I talk to that work with Covid patients haven't gotten that memo.
[Reply]
O.city 07:40 PM 12-02-2020
They’re having to ration oxygen in hospitals in Canada. We’ve heard for months about front line workers not having adequate Ppe.

If we have working vaccines and they don’t want those well then all that is just blustery bullshit
[Reply]
O.city 07:41 PM 12-02-2020
Yeah, no. I am sorry but I can tell you for a fact that one of the health systems in the area, not ours, has nurses with Covid working as long as they aren't showing symptoms.

Please just stop with it already.

And FTR, if you get sick for any reason you have PTO and stick time you can take.
You understand why they’re having to work with it right? And what downstream effects that has on patient care an supply in the areas they work?
[Reply]
petegz28 07:42 PM 12-02-2020
They’re having to ration oxygen in hospitals in Canada. We’ve heard for months about front line workers not having adequate Ppe.

If we have working vaccines and they don’t want those well then all that is just blustery bullshit
I have not heard any complaints about PPE in our or any of the other local health systems.

That being said they are not going to force these nurses to take the vaccine any time soon. In a few years they will probably start pushing it. Maybe sooner. But in the next few months? Not happening.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:44 PM 12-02-2020
You understand why they’re having to work with it right? And what downstream effects that has on patient care an supply in the areas they work?
I don't why you keep arguing with me like it's my decision or something. :-) The bottom line is they aren't forcing healthcare workers at least in this area to get vaccinated and a good chunk of them don't want the vaccine for whatever reason.

That's the reality.
[Reply]
O.city 07:48 PM 12-02-2020
I have not heard any complaints about PPE in our or any of the other local health systems.

That being said they are not going to force these nurses to take the vaccine any time soon. In a few years they will probably start pushing it. Maybe sooner. But in the next few months? Not happening.
As soon as it’s available to front line workers, it will be heavily recommended that they get it or they will be forced to wear full Ppe when around any potential risk.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:50 PM 12-02-2020
As soon as it’s available to front line workers, it will be heavily recommended that they get it or they will be forced to wear full Ppe when around any potential risk.
That might be. If you don't get the flu shot for religious or medical reasons you have to wear a mask even in areas you normally don't in our system this year.

Nothing says they won't take those actions but again they aren't mandating the vaccine and that is that.
[Reply]
O.city 07:55 PM 12-02-2020
That might be. If you don't get the flu shot for religious or medical reasons you have to wear a mask even in areas you normally don't in our system this year.

Nothing says they won't take those actions but again they aren't mandating the vaccine and that is that.
As I said from the beginning, it will be just like the flu vaccination in those settings.

You brought up mandating anything
[Reply]
Page 3225 of 3903
« First < 2225272531253175321532213222322332243225 32263227322832293235327533253725 > Last »
Up