ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3220 of 3903
« First < 2220272031203170321032163217321832193220 32213222322332243230327033203720 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
loochy 11:24 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I heard an interview that said the recommendations on who should get the vaccine first will be just that: recommendations. That it will be up to individual states to determine who gets their allocated doses.

Anyone have anything to confirm or deny?

Sounds consistent with the national response thus far
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:26 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Look at the difference those mask mandates made.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:34 AM 12-02-2020

When I tell my patients that I think schools will be 100% in session after Spring Break and that the whole country will be open by Memorial Day, they look at me like I'm crazy. But I do. The vaccines are coming fast.

But they do you no good if you get Covid first. Stay safe. https://t.co/kMwEtW8x9e

— Rany Jazayerli (@jazayerli) December 2, 2020

[Reply]
louie aguiar 11:36 AM 12-02-2020
:-)

Originally Posted by suzzer99:

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:40 AM 12-02-2020
If the vaccines help the scared leave their house that's a great thing.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 11:42 AM 12-02-2020
This cannot be a bad thing.
I agree. We certainly want this to be safe. I just hope the FDA is devoting every available resource to complete the appropriate due diligence as fast as humanly possible.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:42 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
:-)
The only real question imo is will enough people take them? Or will all the anti-maskers turn into anti-vaxxers?
[Reply]
TLO 11:50 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I heard an interview that said the recommendations on who should get the vaccine first will be just that: recommendations. That it will be up to individual states to determine who gets their allocated doses.

Anyone have anything to confirm or deny?
This is correct. Most of the states already have their plans laid out in great detail. For example, Missouri's 1a plan follows the recommendations the CDC put out.

I'm guessing most states will follow suit.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:54 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
This is correct. Most of the states already have their plans laid out in great detail. For example, Missouri's 1a plan follows the recommendations the CDC put out.

I'm guessing most states will follow suit.
I hope Missouri is altering the CDC plan slightly to make Mahomes the first.
[Reply]
O.city 11:55 AM 12-02-2020
Gotta think we’re finally hitting some types of immunity levels in these areas that have been hit hard for the past few months
[Reply]
petegz28 11:57 AM 12-02-2020
Operation Turtle Speed :-)

https://www.foxnews.com/health/dr-ma...oval-timetable

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is unnecessarily dragging its feet on reviewing candidates for a coronavirus vaccine, Fox News medical contributor Dr. Marty Makary told "Bill Hemmer Reports" Monday.

"The country has taken tremendous sacrifices," Makary told host Bill Hemmer. "We are waiting for this lifesaving vaccine, and the FDA got the [Pfizer] application on Nov. 22 and the Moderna one today. Why are they waiting three weeks? Why are they scheduling a review for Dec. 10?

"The review committee is not interviewing subjects and volunteers, they're not looking under a microscope at the cells or the virus, they are simply reading a piece of paper with the numbers," Makary added. "We have an Internet now. They can get those numbers in real time."

Massachusetts-based Moderna announced earlier Monday that it would apply to the FDA for an emergency use authorization after its vaccine candidate was demonstrated to be 94.1% effective against COVID-19 in human trials.

The FDA has scheduled a Dec. 10 meeting of its Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee to discuss Pfizer's request for emergency use authorization (EUA) of its vaccine candidate. It was not immediately clear whether Moderna's request would be considered at the same meeting or a separate meeting.

"The FDA has been too bureaucratic, taking too much time," Makary charged. "And I don't know if they're scheduling around vacation times and tee times of the reviewers, but they should turn the application around in 24 hours."

Makary added that while the Trump administration has overseen "Operation Warp Speed" to develop a vaccine, the FDA has been engaged in "Operation Turtle Speed."

"The reason is, very simply, Bill, is that the FDA was designed to be slow," he explained to Hemmer. "The military was designed to respond quickly. The FDA was designed to take their good old time and review things in the name of safety and independence.

"Well, if you talk to people there, they've clearly walled off any of the [political] appointees ... It's the career staff there that have completely walled off anyone else and they're taking their good old time."
Thank you. That's what I am looking for. Dr. Slaoui who is the Science Director of Operation Warp Speed literally just gave props to the UK for Pfizer and professionally pointed out that they have not had the "politization" of this like we have.

Then I believe it was Senator Scott shortly after that asked why the FDA or whomever doesn't call a special meeting and why it has to wait until December 10th?
[Reply]
petegz28 12:00 PM 12-02-2020
Huh. Fauci said you should get the vaccine even if you had Covid. :-)
[Reply]
petegz28 12:02 PM 12-02-2020
I agree. We certainly want this to be safe. I just hope the FDA is devoting every available resource to complete the appropriate due diligence as fast as humanly possible.
I don't buy it for a fucking minute. Sorry. Not the way Washington works. If we are going to say that 8 days is going to potentially change their mind one way or the other then I think there are bigger problems.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:02 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Gotta think we’re finally hitting some types of immunity levels in these areas that have been hit hard for the past few months
Yeah all that existing immunity + a boost from a vaccine and you'd think any hard hit areas will quickly go to very low cases.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:04 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
If the vaccines help the scared leave their house that's a great thing.
They are definitely going to present a paradigm shift. After a few months the forcing of restrictions and what not are not going to be justifiable. I guess what I am saying is you won't be able to have people who refuse to take the vaccine telling businesses they have to restrict\shut down\wear masks, etc.

Once the vaccine is generally available it's going to be either you take it or :-).

FTR I know several people, some even medical workers, that are very pro-mask and restrictions and what not but have said they will refuse to take the vaccine. Anecdotal but they are out there.
[Reply]
Page 3220 of 3903
« First < 2220272031203170321032163217321832193220 32213222322332243230327033203720 > Last »
Up