ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 352 of 2691
« First < 252302342348349350351352 3533543553563624024528521352 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:35 PM 08-01-2017
Smith has always made offensive lines look worse.

Colin Kaepernick was sacked 33% less behind the same line.

Even last year it wasn't hard to spot him abandoning clean pockets and running from phantom pressure, or running into sacks.
[Reply]
Priest31kc 12:44 PM 08-01-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Wrong again.

Smith has never been sacked 50 times a year.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...S/SmitAl03.htm

2013-39, 2014-45, 2015-45.

Considering the state of the offensive line in 2014-2015, 45 sacks isn't surprising.
Lol ok. 45 sacks then, not 50 my bad!

He's been sacked 44, 39, 45 & 45 times in his previous 4 full seasons. It's not 50, but it's still bad.

Again, my point was that hes always had a quick release and looked to get rid of the ball quickly...yet he was still sacked 40-45 times.

But not last year because the OLine was really good in pass protection. So good that Alex Smith, who usually is sacked 40-45 times a year, was only sacked 28 times last year.

Not really trying to bash Alex here, just trying to defend an OLine that allowed the fewest pressures in the league and held up a QB that usually gets sacked a lot more.
[Reply]
dls6501 12:46 PM 08-01-2017
Originally Posted by Priest31kc:
Lol ok. 45 sacks then, not 50 my bad!

He's been sacked 44, 39, 45 & 45 times in his previous 4 full seasons. It's not 50, but it's still bad.

Again, my point was that hes always had a quick release and looked to get rid of the ball quickly...yet he was still sacked 40-45 times.

But not last year because the OLine was really good in pass protection. So good that Alex Smith, who usually is sacked 40-45 times a year, was only sacked 28 times last year.

Not really trying to bash Alex here, just trying to defend an OLine that allowed the fewest pressures in the league and held up a QB that usually gets sacked a lot more.
Your point of view on this is not difficult for most of us to understand. You are making yourself very clear. Reading comprehension is not everyone's strong suit.
[Reply]
Dylan 01:28 PM 08-01-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
True fans are out in force on my page, claiming Mahomes talent won't meant shit if "we don't have an OL."

:-)

How soon they will learn the QB makes the OL and not the other way around.
Totally disagree...If you have a defense that can collapse the pocket within 3 seconds....the QB is hitting the deck :-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:33 PM 08-01-2017
It is. Those people are buffoons who will suck off anything in a red helmet.

You are a recovering True Fan. You have done well to learn your lessons, though it took longer for you than some.
what do you call people who advocated drafting Geno Smith, some at 1.1?
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 01:35 PM 08-01-2017
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Everyone has thwir draft ghosts. Remember the gholston hype?
[Reply]
staylor26 01:37 PM 08-01-2017
Can we get back to circle jerking over our QBOTF? :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:37 PM 08-01-2017
Visionaries.

The Chiefs finally started seeing it our way this offseason.

You have to take a risk once in awhile.

Keep in mind the Chiefs could have had Geno and Alex...and now we have Alex and Mahomes, at a similar cost, but we've squandered four years in the process.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:44 PM 08-01-2017
Visionaries.

Keep in mind the Chiefs could have had Geno and Alex...and now we have Alex and Mahomes, at a similar cost, but we've squandered four years in the process.
We haven't squandered four years. We won a playoff game and got back to a winning culture after a 2-14 pathetic year. We are doing fine.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:50 PM 08-01-2017
Visionaries.

Keep in mind the Chiefs could have had Geno and Alex...and now we have Alex and Mahomes at a similar cost, but we've squandered four years in the process.
:-)

I'd gladly take scenario B

Dorsey and Reid obviously knew better than your dumbass
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:51 PM 08-01-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
We haven't squandered four years. We won a playoff game
One playoff win in four years is squandering four years when you make the playoffs three of those four years.

We could have done all that and more had Geno panned out, which he absolutely could have in this situation instead of that clusterfuck in NY.

As a result we're trailing the Raiders and Broncos in the QB development process by multiple years.

And even if you don't think Geno had a chance in hell of panning out, I can still bring up the Bridgewater and Carr argument.

The only reason people say the last four years weren't squandered is to make themselves feel better about another rerun of game manager bullshit.

When you have absolutely ZERO chance at SB four years in a row despite starting a QB in his 30s, that's nothing but a waste of fucking time.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:51 PM 08-01-2017
I wanted Mahomes. I love Mahomes.

I root for Alex smith. I think we can go to a super bowl with him.

I would prefer to start Mahomes this year.

I advocated drafting Geno Smith 1.1.

I advocated drafting Russell Wilson.

I advocated drafting Paxton Lynch.

I hated Matt Cassell and celebrated the Clay bashing of him.

I guess I am a true fan hater homer troll.

Mostly, I just want great QB play and I am willing to root for any player who can give it to us. smith has had moments of brilliance but epochs of meh. But I always give people the chance to prove me wrong. Arguing about the future is dumb, but not as dumb as pretending the past is different than it was.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:52 PM 08-01-2017
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Mostly, I just want great QB play and I am willing to root for any player who can give it to us. smith has had moments of brilliance but epochs of meh. But I always give people the chance to prove me wrong. Arguing about the future is dumb, but not as dumb as pretending the past is different than it was.

[Reply]
Reerun_KC 01:57 PM 08-01-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Can we get back to circle jerking over our QBOTF? :-)
This!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:57 PM 08-01-2017
Visionaries.
Good fucking god
[Reply]
Page 352 of 2691
« First < 252302342348349350351352 3533543553563624024528521352 > Last »
Up