ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 227 of 328
« First < 127177217223224225226227 228229230231237277327 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***
duncan_idaho 09:18 PM 04-06-2018
The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:55 AM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by tk13:
I don't know why he said it, it just puts a target on his back.

At the same time, what's he supposed to say? Aw shucks I hope the fans don't mind losing for 3-4 years? No GM is going to say that. They're trying to negotiate a TV contract that's going to define the financial future of the team. No way on earth he's going to say I hope we lose 100 games the next 2 years.
Baseball needs asses in the seats 81 times a year. You need to field a Carl Peterson special every year for the most part.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:56 AM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Baseball needs asses in the seats 81 times a year. You need to field a Carl Peterson special every year for the most part.
"88-74 and make some noise in the playoffs."

..?
[Reply]
Valiant 10:18 AM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Washington should trade him and not look back. Harper almost singlehandedly cratered their playoff chances by himself.
I think they should also, but I don't think they get anywhere near what they would request.

Would also be a huge PR nightmare for a team that should be competing in the playoffs normally.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:21 AM 07-31-2018
Their gm said they aren't trading him now
[Reply]
tk13 11:02 AM 07-31-2018
I get he has health issues but the Cardinals didn't get that much for 3 years of Tommy Pham. I'm kind of surprised by that. Guy was looking like a star player last year. Went 20/20 with a 900 OPS. This trade market is brutal.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:12 AM 07-31-2018
They can't trade him, they are 40% FG odds to make the playoffs still. And two young teams ahead of them in the East, can easily be caught. PR nightmare obv too

That said DeezNutz should explain Bryce' 1.6 fWAR this year. I can't let him avoid it.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:22 AM 07-31-2018
I get he has health issues but the Cardinals didn't get that much for 3 years of Tommy Pham. I'm kind of surprised by that. Guy was looking like a star player last year. Went 20/20 with a 900 OPS. This trade market is brutal.
I have a great explanation for you: John Mozeliak is incompetent.

He thinks that two dimes and a nickel are worth more than a quarter, when in baseball it's precisely the opposite.

The Cardinals should be doing the opposite of this trade: stacking multiple prospects with average starter upside for someone with 4-6 WAR upside. That's why the team is so average right now. He's sought out players with average floors and low ceilings. That's how you get a team that has one position player over 2 WAR almost 110 games into the season.

Hell, at least when you got a middling return for Herrera it was for 4 months of him, not 3.3 years.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:46 AM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:

King Carl would be a great GM for the Royals.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:07 PM 07-31-2018
I told everyone this off season last year was a flash in the pan and to deal while they had a chance. No chance he ever repeats that. Stupid to stick him in the TWO hole. He's not an every day player.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:05 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I have a great explanation for you: John Mozeliak is incompetent.

He thinks that two dimes and a nickel are worth more than a quarter, when in baseball it's precisely the opposite.

The Cardinals should be doing the opposite of this trade: stacking multiple prospects with average starter upside for someone with 4-6 WAR upside. That's why the team is so average right now. He's sought out players with average floors and low ceilings. That's how you get a team that has one position player over 2 WAR almost 110 games into the season.

Hell, at least when you got a middling return for Herrera it was for 4 months of him, not 3.3 years.
Are you the Cards blogger who said the other day Pham for Kierston Hiura?
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:49 PM 07-31-2018
@pgrathoff: Royals selected 1B Ryan O'Hearn from Omaha and put Brian Goodwin on the 10-day DL (left groin strain)
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:26 PM 07-31-2018
Cant get excited about seeing Ohearn.. just no upside here.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:42 PM 07-31-2018
Blake Perkins (from DC trade) is known for his great eye. He took 12 walks this week in AA

If there's a surefire way to get into DM's doghouse, it's to be a patient hitter who takes walks.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:14 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Blake Perkins (from DC trade) is known for his great eye. He took 12 walks this week in AA

If there's a surefire way to get into DM's doghouse, it's to be a patient hitter who takes walks.
Not alot of slug this year. He has 74 walks this year, yet only a .690 OPS
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 06:36 PM 07-31-2018
Nationals 16 Mets 0 in the 4th inning! A 7 run first inning! This could be history in the making
[Reply]
Page 227 of 328
« First < 127177217223224225226227 228229230231237277327 > Last »
Up