ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1415 of 4880
« First < 41591513151365140514111412141314141415 141614171418141914251465151519152415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:37 PM 01-27-2018
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:

If Mayfield threw the ball as many times as Mahomes did that day he would've had 1,320 yards 17 TD's and 0 INT's :-)
Sam Bradford also played at OU with a ridiculously talented supporting cast. How’d he turn out?

No team in the NFL has as good of supporting cast to provide Baker as OU did.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 12:38 PM 01-27-2018
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
I'm legitimately curious regarding your take on Mayfield should he not land with your Broncos...

Would he still in your eyes be a beast of a prospect?
I think Mayfield could succeed in a bunch of places. He's got the right head for it.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 12:42 PM 01-27-2018
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
One more thing: the Broncos still have two young QBs on their roster, Lynch and Kelly. Say what you want about Lynch, but he's still a project, and Kelly is a complete unknown at this time. My suspicion is that the Broncos just assume keeping Lynch and Kelly and not spending a high draft pick on a rookie QB, at least, not in the first round.
Would it be such a bad idea to keep stacking young, talented QB's? If Lynch or Chad Kelly come along out of nowhere that's great. Keep the best QB and trade the other one for a bounty of picks.

Keep drafting them until you find one you like.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:43 PM 01-27-2018
Elway was a cocky gunslinger. It's why we hated him. The guy most like that is who I think he'd nab.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:51 PM 01-27-2018
22/32 games Pat threw for 300+ yards at Tech...with mostly scrubs. Dude would have broken every passing record in CFB if he was playing on OU’s offense that’s stacked with 1st, 2nd and 3rd rd picks.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 12:59 PM 01-27-2018
I think Mayfield could succeed in a bunch of places. He's got the right head for it.
He’s got the same attitude as Leaf and Manziel it seems like. Hope you draft him.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 01:10 PM 01-27-2018
Would it be such a bad idea to keep stacking young, talented QB's? If Lynch or Chad Kelly come along out of nowhere that's great. Keep the best QB and trade the other one for a bounty of picks.

Keep drafting them until you find one you like.
Yes, it's detrimental to all the young QBs. You only have so much time to spend on each young QB. For example, the Broncos let Sloter walk, even though, arguably, he was the best pro prospect on the team, and had the best pre season of the QBs. But the Broncos let him go, but kept Kelly. Why do you think that is? My suspicion is they simply can't keep everyone, that is, you have to pick the QBs you want to spend time developing and the Broncos picked Kelly and Lynch over Sloter. Time will tell if that was a good decision or a poor decision.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 01:12 PM 01-27-2018
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
He’s got the same attitude as Leaf and Manziel it seems like. Hope you draft him.
Those guys had substance abuse problems and didn't put in the time in the film room like Mayfield reportedly does. Mayfield is just competitive, Tom Brady can be a little demonstrative from time to time as well.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 01:23 PM 01-27-2018
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
Yes, it's detrimental to all the young QBs. You only have so much time to spend on each young QB. For example, the Broncos let Sloter walk, even though, arguably, he was the best pro prospect on the team, and had the best pre season of the QBs. But the Broncos let him go, but kept Kelly. Why do you think that is? My suspicion is they simply can't keep everyone, that is, you have to pick the QBs you want to spend time developing and the Broncos picked Kelly and Lynch over Sloter. Time will tell if that was a good decision or a poor decision.
They just need to name the starter early and not try to be "fair" and split reps equally. If one QB is head and shoulders above the others in preseason games then you can switch the depth chart around. Let the QB's get comfortable with the guys around them and hope the cream rises to the top, instead of trying to force it. A good QB will standout.

With Sloter it seemed like Denver made up their mind early on that they were sticking with Siemian, Lynch, and Kelly no matter what and that Sloter was nothing but a camp arm.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 01:39 PM 01-27-2018
They just need to name the starter early and not try to be "fair" and split reps equally. If one QB is head and shoulders above the others in preseason games then you can switch the depth chart around. Let the QB's get comfortable with the guys around them and hope the cream rises to the top, instead of trying to force it. A good QB will standout.

With Sloter it seemed like Denver made up their mind early on that they were sticking with Siemian, Lynch, and Kelly no matter what and that Sloter was nothing but a camp arm.
Well, Siemian was good at in practice, and that ultimately won him the job. In other words, Siemian could execute the offense. Siemian will be gone, leaving the room for a vet, probably a guy like Bradford or Bridgewater, both who are serviceable, but suffer from injuries. The Vikings will have to get rid of one of these guys, or maybe they part with Keenum? Point being, if the Broncos bring in one of these guys, it gives them the luxury of not drafting a QB at 5. I won't be thrilled with Bradford, Bridgewater (knee?) or Keenum (he will demand a substantial commitment) but it will allow the Broncos to keep Lynch and Kelly.

My suspicion is the Broncos really want to give Kelly a chance. Sure, he's been a moron--off the field--but on the field, he's been very good. If he can grow up, concentrate on winning the job in Denver, I think his potential is fantastic. I'm sure Elway is talking with Jim Kelly about Chad, and Jim is probably communicating with Chad on a regular basis, advising Chad on how he should practice and act, etc.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 01:42 PM 01-27-2018
Broncos forced a 3-and-out. Here comes Mayfield

:-)

http://www.genti.stream/nfl-network/
[Reply]
New World Order 01:43 PM 01-27-2018
3-and-out for Mayfield
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:43 PM 01-27-2018
Davenport eats em up!!!

-1 for pocket presence there.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:44 PM 01-27-2018
You don’t have OU’s OL giving you all day to throw anymore, Baker.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 01:45 PM 01-27-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:
3-and-out for Mayfield
He can't throw it and catch it too!!!
[Reply]
Page 1415 of 4880
« First < 41591513151365140514111412141314141415 141614171418141914251465151519152415 > Last »
Up