ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 16
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Media Center>Thor: Ragnarok
Bowser 11:09 AM 04-10-2017

[Reply]
Bowser 05:05 PM 11-06-2017
Just got back from it a bot ago. It was a really fun movie, I liked it a lot.

I feel like I need to go see it again just for all the Easter eggs I missed in it.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:13 PM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Oh it's happening. It's the closest they'll ever get to showing Thanos's obsession with Mistress Death.

I'd love to see more of Marvel's Cosmic Characters - Galactus (even though they don't have the rights to him or the Surfer), his heralds, Annihilus, the Celestials....all the way up to the Living Tribunal. It'll never happen, though. So we get to see Thanos and Hela hook up. (And can we talk about Cate Blanchett in that leather all goth'd up? Holy Christ.)
https://www.google.com/amp/variety.c...202607912/amp/
[Reply]
RunKC 06:24 PM 11-06-2017
It was a very fun movie. Never got bored like I did in the 2nd Thor movie.

It's in the top 5 of MCU for me, but maybe not for long. Really feel like Black Panther is going to be better.
[Reply]
thabear04 10:39 PM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It was a very fun movie. Never got bored like I did in the 2nd Thor movie.

It's in the top 5 of MCU for me, but maybe not for long. Really feel like Black Panther is going to be better.
Yeah I can't wait until Black Panther come out next year.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:48 PM 11-06-2017
I thought it was a fun movie. I'm not sure what others saw in it to put it in their top 3 and top 5 Marvel movies to date but it was definitely entertaining.

The jokes were hit and miss, mostly hit, and there were a shit ton of them. Jeff Goldblum and the Loki actor cameo was pretty funny.

The action sequences were ****ing awesome. The fights are best described as savage. I like that movies are moving on from the dance fight sequences of the past to more brutal head busting.

To nerd out:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 11:12 PM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I thought it was a fun movie. I'm not sure what others saw in it to put it in their top 3 and top 5 Marvel movies to date but it was definitely entertaining.

The jokes were hit and miss, mostly hit, and there were a shit ton of them. Jeff Goldblum and the Loki actor cameo was pretty funny.

The action sequences were ****ing awesome. The fights are best described as savage. I like that movies are moving on from the dance fight sequences of the past to more brutal head busting.

To nerd out:

Spoiler!
Hmm. You think Starlord is t1? I was pretty drunk when I watched GotG2, but I would have him in tier 2. Thor is t1 imo, though on the bottom end of the tier.
[Reply]
Jamie 12:03 AM 11-07-2017
Star-Lord would be high tier 5/maybe low tier 4.
Spoiler!

And I'd drop Iron Man to tier 3 because, while the Hulkbuster armor can hang with them, I don't think he could ever conceivably beat Hulk or Thor. Also Scarlet Witch to tier 2, because she hasn't shown anything approaching her comic book power level in the movies.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:02 AM 11-07-2017
Black Panther could probably be moved up almost as high as Tier 2 in that group, IMO; arguably right alongside Ironman. Certainly higher than any of the tier 3 guys. Dude has a vibranium suit with adamantium claws. Plus he has some sort of 'Highlander' ability to have all the powers of every Black Panther (strength, agility, knowledge) that came before him. So he's damn near godlike in that regard.

Black Panther's gonna get to show off in his next movie and I think he'll move up at least a tier, if not more.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:37 AM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by FlintHillsChiefs:
Hmm. You think Starlord is t1? I was pretty drunk when I watched GotG2, but I would have him in tier 2. Thor is t1 imo, though on the bottom end of the tier.

I put him there because of the Celestial abilities. It seems they’re reality warpers and energy manipulators on a pretty massive scale.

Originally Posted by Jamie:
Star-Lord would be high tier 5/maybe low tier 4.
Spoiler!

And I'd drop Iron Man to tier 3 because, while the Hulkbuster armor can hang with them, I don't think he could ever conceivably beat Hulk or Thor. Also Scarlet Witch to tier 2, because she hasn't shown anything approaching her comic book power level in the movies.

Ah, ok. I didn’t remember that. If that’s the case then, yeah, he just seems like a regular dude with some cool gadgets. He’s probably below Cap and Bucky without his Celestial powers.

Idk, though. Iron Man did KO a savage Hulk in Lagos but he’s definitely on the lower end of that tier because his suit will eventually lose power or be too damaged to continue fighting after a while whereas Thor and Hulk can basically fight indefinitely.

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Black Panther could probably be moved up almost as high as Tier 2 in that group, IMO; arguably right alongside Ironman. Certainly higher than any of the tier 3 guys. Dude has a vibranium suit with adamantium claws. Plus he has some sort of 'Highlander' ability to have all the powers of every Black Panther (strength, agility, knowledge) that came before him. So he's damn near godlike in that regard.

Black Panther's gonna get to show off in his next movie and I think he'll move up at least a tier, if not more.

I’m sure he’s gonna be flexing in his new movie.

I only have him there because he seemed to be just above Cap and Bucky level in Civil War.

The shit is honestly inconsistent as all hell so it’s tough to get a proper read.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:56 AM 11-07-2017
Did I miss where Starlord lost his powers at the end of the movie?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:59 AM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Did I miss where Starlord lost his powers at the end of the movie?
I presumed he did; Ego said that as long as the planet was around, he'd have those powers.

There was no demonstration that they were/were not gone, but the implication seemed pretty clear that he was sacrificing his 'godlike' status to save untold numbers of lives.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:04 PM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I presumed he did; Ego said that as long as the planet was around, he'd have those powers.

There was no demonstration that they were/were not gone, but the implication seemed pretty clear that he was sacrificing his 'godlike' status to save untold numbers of lives.
Gotcha. Missed it then.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:19 PM 11-07-2017
Here's a (very) minor nitpick about the story for me -

Thor said he went on a search for the Infinity Stones and couldn't find any, but when he's face to face with Dr. Strange he couldn't recognize the Time Gem inside the Eye of Aggamotto? Hogwash I say!

And I was hoping to find out that Heimdall was in possession of the Soul Gem, which allows him to see anyone anywhere. I guess that would have been a dent in the storyline if so - he could have gone toe to toe with Hela if he had it, if not just blow her away.

/nerd
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:37 PM 11-07-2017
Spoiler!

I have a feeling that even though they said he(Starlord) will lose his powers he will still have most if not all.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 02:04 PM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Here's a (very) minor nitpick about the story for me -

Thor said he went on a search for the Infinity Stones and couldn't find any, but when he's face to face with Dr. Strange he couldn't recognize the Time Gem inside the Eye of Aggamotto? Hogwash I say!

And I was hoping to find out that Heimdall was in possession of the Soul Gem, which allows him to see anyone anywhere. I guess that would have been a dent in the storyline if so - he could have gone toe to toe with Hela if he had it, if not just blow her away.

/nerd
Nitpick about your nitpick....Thor says he went on that search before he meets Dr. Strange. He still did not recognize the stone though, but Dr. Strange did keep him moving :-)
[Reply]
Page 11 of 16
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up