ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 20
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jeremiah Trotter thinks Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games
rabblerouser 09:34 PM 09-19-2015
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-lot-of-games/

Originally Posted by Michael David Smith:
*by Michael David Smith on January 4, 2013, 8:16 AM EDT

Getty Images

Jeremiah Trotter played a total of seven seasons for Andy Reid in three different stints with the Eagles. And he thinks he lost a lot of games because Reid got out-coached.

“If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise,*I think the opponent’s team would win if it came down to coaching,” Trotter said on 97.5 The Fanatic, via Philly.com. “Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games,” Trotter continued. “Time outs, running the football, you know.”

Trotter said Reid’s offensive style made things different for the defense and the late defensive coordinator Jim Johnson, who ran the defense in Philadelphia until his death in 2008.

“As a defense, we understood we passed the ball too much. You know, there’s times we’re sitting over there like, ‘Man, listen. Just get us a couple of first downs so we can get a break.’ And I’m sure it frustrated Jim Johnson also,” Trotter said

Still, Trotter acknowledges that he won a lot of games during his time with Reid, and he says he would have given Reid a 7.5 or 8 on a scale of 1-10. I shudder to think what he’d say about a coach who was a 1.
Good coaches don't get out coached in a lot of games.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:38 PM 01-07-2018
Originally Posted by hitchief:
boy, cant wait for you zealots to start making excuses next season. Its going to be a riot when this team shits the bed. And it wont be Pat's fault but he sure as hell isn't overcoming this D and that's especially true if Sutton is still the DC.

By the way, I'm still waiting for all the GIF's of the wide open wr's in the second half that Alex missed.

Boy, the Raiders are in big trouble cause if Chucky thinks Alex is great what does that say about his ability to analyze talent for the Raiders. Better be careful guys, he may be lurking around to get your thoughts.
Fuck off, turd-whacker.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:09 PM 01-07-2018
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Nice to get some validation for what most of us thought. Reid is a rah rah guy who rode a borderline HOF QB and a definite HOF D coordinator to all his success.

We have the QB now...just need to hire the right DC.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:23 PM 01-07-2018
Mike Mularkey at Arrowhead....
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:10 PM 01-07-2018
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
What I'm trying to tell you is that Reid can call "Asswipe 52 bubblebitch fatboy short end" 50 times a ****ing game, and Mahomes is going to produce.

Why?

Because if the read on that play is shit, do you think Mahomes is going to fold or force it?

**** NO.

Again, I call it "outkicking Reid's coverage", and it's going to make Reid look like a (undeserving) genius.

Just you wait and see.
I'd rather have a good coach to make Mahomes truly great instead of turning Reid's chickenshit into chicken salad.
[Reply]
KranzDictum 08:20 PM 01-07-2018
Reid is great at drawing up plays but his game plans and in game situational football are terrible. He can win a lot of RS games but once the competition gets better he wilts.

He needs to be an OC with a strong HC to guide him.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:26 PM 01-07-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
I'd rather have a good coach to make Mahomes truly great instead of turning Reid's chickenshit into chicken salad.
As would I and it's entirely possible that Reid, being his own worst enemy, could find himself being relegated to doing ONLY the things he does best.

Do you think that ownership, management, and talent acquisition are blind to the radical change which occurs when the reigns are taken from Andy and given to a proper and talented OC?

I think not.

The system or infrastructure that Clark has put in place is designed specifically to prevent Pioli-esque ego and other assorted nonsense. With the right and competent personnel each performing their individual tasks at a high level of talent, determination, and planning, the Chiefs are poised to achieve a consistent level of success, the kind of success that we associate with long-time franchises that rarely have "down years".

This thing is still being fine-tuned, but adding Mahomes to the picture combined with( God willing )a new DC while retaining Nagy, puts the Chiefs within an arms length of being able to REALLY show us what can be achieved.
[Reply]
NWTF 10:03 PM 01-07-2018
Andy Reid is his own worst enemy and that saying is more accurate than saying he got out coached. Mularky didnt do anything special to get the win Reid just Reided it up in the 2nd half just like he did in the Indy playoff game two years ago.

Reid gets distracted from the game, the clock, by his playlist. hes always looking to outsmart his opponent. and gets distracted trying to do just that. In the end he often out smarts himself.

This was talked about on a Moving The Chains segment several years back. He was coaching for Philly then, but nothing has changed. I think it was Kirwin, Marriuchi, etc cant remember exactly, but they said he gets more satisfaction out of tricking, catching his opponent with their pants down, etc than simply punching them in the mouth and not letting up when he has the ability to do so.

No matter how he thinks it wont happen again it always does. He cant help it. This was attributed to his poor clock management and how his teams are always rushing to beat the play clock.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 11:19 PM 01-07-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Mike Mularkey. Mike fucking Mularkey. What a god damned joke.

Jack del rio, Ben macado. Think about it
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:51 PM 01-07-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Mike Mularkey at Arrowhead....
Mularkey, who was essentially a dead coach walking due to ineptness, just threw down one of the 4 biggest comebacks in NFL playoff history. This was also one of the worst statistical teams in the history of the play-offs.....and Smith had one the best first halves in playoff history...he was on pace for 460 yards and 4 TDS.

Smith had one of the top 5 playoff performances vs. the Colts too...same outcome.

Rigged doesn't get more blatant than that... and Reid is part of the corrupt system. Shit this extreme doesn't happen twice...It's so ****ed up..that the freaking head referee (of over 20 years experience) retired due to overwhelming backlash.

Hunt/Reid combo is ****ing collusion poison...2 of the 4 worst historical collapses in only 5 years? The sheep says "BAAAAA".

Keep throwing your money at the beast...Evil loves it some suckers.

I hope that stadium is fucking vacant next year....
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:24 AM 01-08-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Mularkey, who was essentially a dead coach walking due to ineptness, just threw down one of the 4 biggest comebacks in NFL playoff history. This was also one of the worst statistical teams in the history of the play-offs.....and Smith had one the best first halves in playoff history...he was on pace for 460 yards and 4 TDS.

Smith had one of the top 5 playoff performances vs. the Colts too...same outcome.

Rigged doesn't get more blatant than that... and Reid is part of the corrupt system. Shit this extreme doesn't happen twice...It's so ****ed up..that the freaking head referee (of over 20 years experience) retired due to overwhelming backlash.

Hunt/Reid combo is ****ing collusion poison...2 of the 4 worst historical collapses in only 5 years? The sheep says "BAAAAA".

Keep throwing your money at the beast...Evil loves it some suckers.

I hope that stadium is ****ing vacant next year....
Spot on.

I've been saying for years that Reid has to be guilty of complicity - no one is that great and then equally inept at the same turn and get to keep their job without reason.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:42 PM 01-18-2018
Originally Posted by OctoberFart:
Trotter knows what a mediocre coach Reid is.
EVERYONE knows that Reid is a mediocre coach.

Trotter just confirms what we've all seen for 19 years.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 08:47 PM 01-18-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
EVERYONE knows that Reid is a mediocre coach.

Trotter just confirms what we've all seen for 19 years.
I think mediocre is quite harsh. Reid has a lot of great qualities but his weaknesses have tripped him up constantly because they are weaknesses that get exposed against good, aka playoff, teams.

He has had too much success with wins, player respect, and coaches developed to be a mediocre coach. He just gets in his own way so much with game management and clever play calling.

He isn't a "clutch" coach, and he needs a team that is to take him over the hump.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:09 AM 01-19-2018
I have a fear that he will fire Sutton and put his kid in charge of the defense.
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:29 AM 01-19-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I have a fear that he will fire Sutton and put his kid in charge of the defense.
I made that same connection the other day, then I woke up and took a piss and all was better.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:07 AM 01-19-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I half-jokingly said that a month or two ago.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 20
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up