ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 39
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2021 General Fitness thread
Buehler445 11:48 AM 01-02-2021
How's everyone's 2021? These threads have been full of good stuff in years past.

What are we doing this year?
[Reply]
SupDock 10:32 AM 10-15-2022
The app Boostcamp has a lot of routines. 5-3-1, PPL, etc.

Most routines can be adjusted to the number of days you want. I am doing a 4 day a week routine, but sometimes it takes me 8 or 9 days to do the 4 workouts instead of 7 days. It’s not big deal.

Is your goal to put on muscle, lose weight, both?
[Reply]
jd1020 10:36 AM 10-15-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Who wants to point me to a half decent plan that I can do three days a week? The only gym I’ve got is a planet fitness so I’m assuming it’s mostly machines.

I’ve been out of shape for way to long and need to start working on the that.
Just do Calisthenics at home, imo.

There's plenty of youtube channels out there that you can follow for free.

I'm subbed to this guy https://www.youtube.com/c/OFFICIALTHENXSTUDIOS

Get a plyo box and a power tower if you need to, but you can do Calisthenics for nothing.
[Reply]
SupDock 10:39 AM 10-15-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Just do Calisthenics at home, imo.

There's plenty of youtube channels out there that you can follow for free.

I'm subbed to this guy https://www.youtube.com/c/OFFICIALTHENXSTUDIOS
Definitely true. I get bored with body weight exercises but there is a ton you can do with very little

With a pull-up bar and bands you can do almost anything.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:15 AM 10-15-2022
Originally Posted by SupDock:
The app Boostcamp has a lot of routines. 5-3-1, PPL, etc.

Most routines can be adjusted to the number of days you want. I am doing a 4 day a week routine, but sometimes it takes me 8 or 9 days to do the 4 workouts instead of 7 days. It’s not big deal.

Is your goal to put on muscle, lose weight, both?
Both. I’ve always been an overweight kid and the only time I was in decent shape was when I was in the military. Years of kids and eating like shit got me back to where I was. I’ve been fine tuning my diet but now I need to get my ass moving more.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:50 AM 10-15-2022
A body in motion stays in motion..

Getting active should help with any pains you've got as well (if you've got any). Back pain, knee pain, etc.
[Reply]
loochy 12:12 PM 10-15-2022
How much do you take?
I take 10 g of malate 2:1 about 30 minutes pre workout. That gives me an effective dose of 6g of citrulline
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:25 AM 10-16-2022
Who wants to point me to a half decent plan that I can do three days a week? The only gym I’ve got is a planet fitness so I’m assuming it’s mostly machines.

I’ve been out of shape for way to long and need to start working on the that.
I started with reddit's body weight recommended routine a couple years ago, focusing on progressive overload just 3 times/week, and made a ton of n00b progress that I never really achieved with other types of workouts like p90x and their 6 days/week 90 minute stuff.

After ~18-24 months I got kind of bored with it and wanted a more focused workout as opposed to full body movements, so I made a few workouts with the thought of ~5 sets per muscle per day and ~10 sets per week per muscle.... each day has a little bit of core and full body movements, with a heavy arm day and light arm day, heavy leg day and light leg day, and heavy chest/back day and light one... trying to hit everything a couple times/week without working out 6 days per week or 2 hours/day.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:50 PM 10-16-2022
Massage gun is a fucking game changer
[Reply]
Stro39 03:54 PM 10-16-2022
I set a deadlift PB a few weeks ago, which at my age I have to be happy with. I'm still using programs I purchased in 2017 from the Barbell Medicine people, who I highly recommend for information.
[Reply]
Stro39 01:11 AM 10-18-2022
Last week I tore a callus on a non-preferred lifting bar; it was the only DL bar available at the time. Gnurling on it is sort of raised. I hook grip all of my singles for deadlift, and even the smallest bit of a bar shift in my palms can result in skin tears.

Such a small thing but now its interrupting both my training and my golf. :-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:50 PM 10-24-2022
Had some knee pain when doing Hack Squata tonight. Weight wasn't even that much. Suggestions?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:22 AM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Had some knee pain when doing Hack Squata tonight. Weight wasn't even that much. Suggestions?
I've run into some knee pain in my right knee for years now. I can't tell if it's some sort of structural issue, overuse, etc.

I find the best thing for me is lunge squats. Start light, just get those knees warmed up. I generally go for the 6-10 rep range on each leg. I'll continuously do those in between sets of squats and it does wonders.

I also think I may have found an issue in my form. I believe my knees are buckling inward when I am on the up, which apparently puts more stress on the knees. I've made a conscious effort to keep the knees locked in position and that's seemed to help a bit as well.

But if you've got an actual injury, I think the best thing to do is not aggravate it. If you really don't want to stop working, maybe just do some body weight squats until you're back online.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:17 PM 10-25-2022
With the hack squat even if you are slightly off on form and/or foot placement it will destroy your knees.

If you already have knee issues then best to avoid hacks as they can be really hard on knees.
[Reply]
Stro39 08:15 PM 10-25-2022
If you are in pain from all types of squats, a leg extension chair/machine will give you good quad development without knee pain most of the time, while a hamstring curl machine will help with the posterior chain.

Generally first though you should try a "light" squat variant like goblet squats and progress to something harder in time if you are not getting pain from that.

I have crepitus in one of my knees and wearing knee sleeves has really helped me hit depth with my squats and also helped with some of the pain I occasionally feel with the exercise.

This article from the Barbell Medicine crew is worth reading. You don't have to read it all, I recommend starting from "Part 2: Exercise".
[Reply]
lewdog 08:24 PM 10-25-2022
We're all getting old, Billay.

Sigh.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 39
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Up