ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 449 of 3903
« First < 349399439445446447448449 4504514524534594995499491449 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 07:40 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Without question.

And you've devalued the dollar significantly in the process.

Side effects may not justify the cure on this one. This is an EXTREME measure and if that's the direction they go, they had better have some really good ****ing science that says "we do this or several million people WILL die..."

Not might die, but will. This isn't the thing you do to pre-emptively address a calamity, it's something you do to avoid an imminent one. This will fundamentally alter this nation and perhaps permanently.

If there's a way to do ANYTHING other than this, then you cannot do this. I'm truly floored by the transformation of our economy proposed in that legislation.
The precedent that has been set here scares the shit out of me more than this incident to be honest.
[Reply]
backinblack 07:41 AM 03-19-2020
Of course an increasing number of young people are catching it, because an increasing number of people in general are catching it. The question is how many young people are catching it and recovering, or how many are dying from it? Let me know when there is a rise in the latter number.
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:51 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
They developed a drug. Developed. (Looks around with satisfaction.)
I think everyone is focusing on the negative effects of the corona virus exposure. You would have been better off shuttering this post for a while.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:55 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Agreed. The news and mainly social media is the big problem here. All doom and gloom all the time. Every time someone mentions toilet paper being in stock people are scooping it up. I’ve removed probably 15-20 people from my social media due to them not calming down.

Both grocery stores yesterday were pretty bare. Picked up the last two breast packages of chicken. I did get chicken thighs, wings, legs, and a couple whole chickens so we’re going to be eating pretty good. There was no ground beef or turkey.
Overall, I don't think media is doing a bad job at all. It is not their fault people are freaking out. I mean you say they are doom and gloom -- well there really isn't much good news to report. What do you want them to say? That the virus isn't spreading?
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 07:59 AM 03-19-2020

First U.S. Company Announces an Upcoming Home COVID-19 Test | Time https://t.co/uHmgcigZIm

— Katie Pavlich (@KatiePavlich) March 19, 2020

[Reply]
Bearcat 08:00 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Overall, I don't think media is doing a bad job at all. It is not their fault people are freaking out. I mean you say they are doom and gloom -- well there really isn't much good news to report. What do you want them to say? That the virus isn't spreading?
I stay away from the news so I don't know what they're saying.... but, maybe urge people to stop being so fucking selfish with the hoarding.

And educating people instead of fear mongering.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:01 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
They have conditioned this kind of society though, the 24 hour news cycle, the fact that even on regular TV the news is on constantly. They have conditioned a section of our population, mainly the suburban middle class people, watch all this and think the world is the worst it's ever been, there is no hope, you can't step outside and mass panic must happen.

These are people that think because a minority said hi to them at a grocery store they were almost a human trafficking victim.

Shit like that.
[Reply]
neech 08:02 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by backinblack:
Of course an increasing number of young people are catching it, because an increasing number of people in general are catching it. The question is how many young people are catching it and recovering, or how many are dying from it? Let me know when there is a rise in the latter number.
Titty meat will be our experimental subject the perfect guinea pig for the test.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:05 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by :
Elon Musk, the SpaceX and Tesla CEO who once called panic over the coronavirus outbreak "dumb," has offered to make ventilators for patients if necessary.

In a Twitter thread where Musk discussed the possibility of a drug used to treat malaria as an option for COVID-19 patients, a user who said he's a Tesla owner pleaded with the CEO to repurpose factories to make ventilators.

"We will make ventilators if there is a shortage," Musk said in response.

After Musk was informed ventilator shortages are already happening, he followed up seeking information on affected hospitals.

"Tesla makes cars with sophisticated hvac systems," wrote Musk. "SpaceX makes spacecraft with life support systems. Ventilators are not difficult, but cannot be produced instantly."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...rs/2873355001/
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:07 AM 03-19-2020
I am going to stay off this thread as much as possible today.

but 1 question---Why don't they just shut the NYSE down?? Isn't that too many people in one place????
[Reply]
neech 08:07 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
I'd give the package design an A.

Nice soothing colors with bubbles to ease the anxiety of discovering you may have the deadly virus ravaging your body.
[Reply]
patteeu 08:31 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Sorry man, I've already been warned. I have to let this conversation go.
You could have just not responded in the first place. We would have all been fine not knowing that you have a political take that you’re not going to post.
[Reply]
O.city 08:33 AM 03-19-2020

HUGE: Plotting where Malaria drugs (chloroquine) are used vs. Coronavirus infections shows a strong inverse correlation. Where these drugs are used, there's virtually NO Covid-19 infections.https://t.co/vqGHvxj7Vq pic.twitter.com/SucFpWEnll

— Watts Up With That (@wattsupwiththat) March 18, 2020

This was in DC, thought it was very interesting.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:33 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
This type of shit drives me nuts. No details, no background, just "an increasing number". If you don't have the actual data :-)
Actually the article does state that the patients had no underlying issues and were not vaping or smoking.

Originally Posted by :
He told the Brussels Times they have "blank medical records" with no underlying conditions to make them high risk.

"They are people who do not smoke, who have no other conditions such as diabetes or heart failure," he said.

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:35 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I stay away from the news so I don't know what they're saying.... but, maybe urge people to stop being so ****ing selfish with the hoarding.

And educating people instead of fear mongering.
I hear you. I think it is hard to educate people on this virus though. There are so many unknowns. What we do know is people can show no symptoms up to two-weeks and spread it. It is highly contagious. Mostly old people die from it but young people can too. It has a relatively low morality rate. It came from bats in China during their disgusting wet markets more than likely. There is no vaccine. Dogs and cats can't get or spread the virus.

And i do think media should report worst case sceneries just like they should best case sceneries. Americans should know what might be in store for us.
[Reply]
Page 449 of 3903
« First < 349399439445446447448449 4504514524534594995499491449 > Last »
Up