ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 144
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:35 PM 01-13-2020
Max Kellerman says Mahomes is the best player who has ever lived and Shannon Sharpe says he will bring out his Chiefs helmet this weekend. Said him and DT swapped helmets one year
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 03:35 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by TurdsMckenzie:
And you might lose to the Titans as well... for the 2nd time. Thanks for down voting me, snowflake.
:-)

I feel sorry for this dipshit. He's in for a rude awakening.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:35 PM 01-13-2020
Tannehill can get hot. Don’t sleep on him. He wasn’t a top pick for nothing
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:39 PM 01-13-2020
So was the Titans starting out 2-4 under Mariota before going 9-3 under Tannehill.
It wasn't that long ago (Week 15, I believe?) that you were losing to the Texans at home with Henry being held under a 100 yards.

And as others have pointed out, his first half of the season was pretty 'meh' playing with both Marcus and Ryan at QB.

Clearly, he's beasting now and has been lately, but let's not all act like he can't be stopped. He's been slowed down MANY times this year, just not a lot LATELY.

There's only so much gas in that tank . . . . .
[Reply]
carcosa 03:39 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:

Poor lil guy...
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:39 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
They kind of have to; it’s how their offense is constructed. They don’t have the weapons to get into a high efficiency shootout with the Chiefs. If they abandon the run, they won’t get into those 3rd and short situations, spags blitzes Tannehill and it’s game over even faster than if they just keep running.
I get your point BUT if our offense is not hitting on all cylinders and is sputtering to some degree, don't kid yourself here, they have enough in AJ Brown, Jonnu Smith, Cory Davis and Sharpe against our mediocre LBs and 2ndary.

Vrable will have them attacking physically like no other team at every position. Our QB, o-line, RBs and especially our WRs will get physically assaulted on every play.
[Reply]
boilertiger 03:39 PM 01-13-2020
Texans are a weird team.

They are 8-18 kicking FGs this year. Thats right, and NFL team who has made 8 FGs over 18 games between 4 freaking kickers.

Lucky for them they havent really had to over the past 5 games over which 17 consecutive red zone possessions have resulted in TD’s. Incredible. I've never even heard of such a thing.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:40 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Max Kellerman says Mahomes is the best player who has ever lived and Shannon Sharpe says he will bring out his Chiefs helmet this weekend. Said him and DT swapped helmets one year
Even after Sharpe got him to lose his **it huh?
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:42 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's easier said than done, but it all comes down to the point of attack.

He's not really that nimble and he runs upright. So it's absolutely critical to get him slowed down a bit. Make him chop his feet or try to bounce.

He's a big back, sure - but he's not the biggest ever. But he may be the biggest back to ever hit 20 mph. He's just so damn fast for his size that once he gets a bit of momentum he's impossible to deal with.

He's ultimately a little like Okoye if you think about it. You just needed to pop him sideways a bit or get him to hesitate at the line. The Titans OL has done a nice job of setting him up for success but he's not an impossible task to slow down.

I liked the idea that someone suggested in this thread about running a 46D or similar type front and hopefully force the Titans to throw the ball. Of course as you said it is easier said than done but I have faith in Spags to come up with something creative this week.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:43 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
I get your point BUT if our offense is not hitting on all cylinders and is sputtering to some degree, don't kid yourself here, they have enough in AJ Brown, Jonnu Smith, Cory Davis and Sharpe against our mediocre LBs and 2ndary.

Vrable will have them attacking physically like no other team at every position. Our QB, o-line, RBs and especially our WRs will get physically assaulted on every play.
We should probably just forfeit then, huh?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:44 PM 01-13-2020
So was the Titans starting out 2-4 under Mariota before going 9-3 under Tannehill.
Fixing to be 9-4 under Tannehill. Just trying to prepare ya, a digital lubing of your anus, so Mahomes doesn't unleash Excalibur and go in dry on you like he did the Texans. They actually thought they were going to win, simply because they barely pulled out a regular season victory over a gimpy Mahomes, a depleted offensive line and a defensive line without Pennel.

Sound familiar to you?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:44 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
We should probably just forfeit then, huh?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:44 PM 01-13-2020
Here's a fun thought:
If we didn't lose to the Titans earlier in the season, they don't even make the playoffs, we don't have Suggs, we likely get the Patriots instead of the Texans, and we likely are traveling to Baltimore this weekend for the AFCCG.

Putting that alternate reality to the side, I understand that the Titans are a physical team that's on a hot streak. Having said that, we're playing just as well as they are, have the game at home, and match up well with them as their secondary can't contain Mahomes. And you'd always take the best QB on the planet ahead of the best RB on the planet in a game like this. Henry will run and run, but aside from one long pass, Tannehill threw for nothing in the first game. And he's combined for 160yds over the last two weeks. Some ball-control offense interspersed with play action isn't going to be enough to beat the league's most dangerous quick-score offense.

Chiefs 38
Titans 17
[Reply]
TurdsMckenzie 03:45 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:

Thank you for feeling sorry me.
[Reply]
boilertiger 03:45 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Tannehill can get hot. Don’t sleep on him. He wasn’t a top pick for nothing
He is the highest rated passer in the league with the highest yards per attempt. Takes a ton of sacks though.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 144
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Up