ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 144
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 10:35 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by TurdsMckenzie:
Dolphins dumped everyone. Because their coaches are terrible. Not surprising guys like Tannehill and Stills are good on teams that can make the playoffs. How is top 10 passer rating, top 10 completion percentage, top 10 yards per attempt basically like Alex Smith. All-time... Not top 10 this season but all-time. In his first year with a new team. I guess you'll see next week but don't be surprised if forced to throw he'll go off. Even the other day he had 3tds to Henry's 1.
He’s not “going off” chap. He’s ****ed, congrats getting this far but exit stage left. Enjoy the moment because your time is coming and there’s nothing you can do about it. You’re merely a speed bump on the way to a title. It’s our turn.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:36 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by JimNasium:
Terrified? Seriously? We’ve exercised huge demons the last two seasons. I’m done with being terrified as a Chiefs fan. I’m looking forward to the game and while I respect what your team has done this season, I fully expect to be hoisting the Lamar Hunt trophy next Sunday afternoon.
Let us know how heavy it is bro!
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:37 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
We absolutely cannot start out slow this game. If we do that again....it’s going to be tough to come back. For the love of fucking God.....start scoring points in the first quarter.
It's going to be tough coming back against a run-first team that Mahomes torched for 450+ earlier in the season?

I don't want to start out slowly either, but this is an odd statement.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:37 AM 01-13-2020
I think it's funny that Titans fans are on here laughing at the overconfidence of the Chiefs fans, yet go to their message board and read and EVERYONE there expects the Titans to dominate the Chiefs in Arrowhead and roll into the Super Bowl. :-)

Yeah, cause the Titans just 'dominated' the Chiefs in Week 10. Lol. Chiefs put up, what, 500+ total yards offense? Couldn't stop them then. Chiefs were missing several key players and it still took two fluky special teams gaffes in the last 5 minutes of the game for them to pull it out.

So, again, lol. More power to you all if you really believe you're gonna come in here and roll us next Sunday.

We'll see how that works out for you.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:39 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
It's going to be tough coming back against a run-first team that Mahomes torched for 450+ earlier in the season?

We’ve seen it happen. They have the offensive line and Henry to keep it out of Mahomes hands. I’m not saying it’s guaranteed but I’d rather they start out strong.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:41 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

Agreed.

It’s obvious that Vrabel is going to run the same exact playbook that Bill ran in the AFCCG.

Their only hope is running the ball and keeping Mahomes off the field.
[Reply]
JimNasium 10:41 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Let us know how heavy it is bro!
Metaphorically you damned literalist!:-):-):-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:43 AM 01-13-2020
We absolutely cannot start out slow this game. If we do that again....it’s going to be tough to come back. For the love of fucking God.....start scoring points in the first quarter.
I was actually thinking that when we were down 21-0 and they picked up that 3rd down near our 20.

I'm standing there thinking "okay, hold them to a FG here, get a score, get a stop, get a score. Go into half down 24-14, score on the opening possession and at 24-21, they'll be heeled and we've got a good shot. But man, if this were the Titans, we'd probably be in a world of shit right now..."

Because yeah, you spot TN a 21 point lead and they can do a lot to bleed the clock on you.

I agree 100% with Andy to defer to the 2nd half precisely because it allows you to do what KC did yesterday. And I think I'd do it if the Chiefs win the toss next week. Buuuuuut....against TN I'd think a little harder. There's a real advantage to getting out in front of them early and as much as a 10-0 lead against them might be more valuable than a chance to double-dip over the halves.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:46 AM 01-13-2020
We’ve seen it happen. They have the offensive line and Henry to keep it out of Mahomes hands. I’m not saying it’s guaranteed but I’d rather they start out strong.
It's NOT gonna happen, but I would agree that IF the Chiefs got down 24-0 against the Titans, like they did the Texans, they would probably be screwed.

Now that being said, there's NO ****ING WAY that happens.

The first quarter against the Texans was every bit fluky. The final 3 quarters proved that out.

The week 10 4th quarter against the Titans was fluky. The Chiefs dominated the majority of that game. Even with injuries and it just being Mahomes first game back from the knee injury.

If both teams show up and play their 'A' game, Chiefs win walking away. It would take a C- effort from the Chiefs and some other fluky shit to lose this game. Not saying it's not ENTIRELY IMPOSSIBLE, but, yeah, it's not happening.

Chiefs will be in the Super Bowl in 3 weeks. Mark it down.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:50 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm terrified because I am a Chiefs fan.

But it ain't because of the Titans.

Vrabel and his boys will do the best they can to keep dragging the game back into the stone age. I don't suspect Reid will oblige them.

lol yup I definitely have battered Chief syndrome.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:51 AM 01-13-2020
Would this be a game where if we won the toss Reid doesn't defer?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:51 AM 01-13-2020
If anything, they'd be better served to come out playing with a bit of confidence and moxie. That first quarter was an abomination of scared, anxious, and desperate football from the coaching staff on down, with the surprising exceptions of Mahomes and Reid.
[Reply]
O.city 10:51 AM 01-13-2020
I'd still defer. Just always give me the chance to double dip. Especially with this offense.
[Reply]
Nzoner 10:51 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
The Titans have won with their QB throwing for a combined 150 yards in two games.

Over my life, I've seen the chiefs have great running games. I know how that works in the playoffs when you get behind.
We also know as KC fans that a freight train be derailed from time to time :-)

[Reply]
Mecca 10:52 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
lol yup I definitely have battered Chief syndrome.
They're everything that has gotten the Chiefs beat for years and years...

"We're gonna run the ball and be physical with our game manager QB and play good defense" how many years did we do that shit and get beat by the team with the elite QB?
[Reply]
Page 21 of 144
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Up