ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 144
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:41 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by TurdsMckenzie:
I'm not trying to argue anything really. I'm just counteracting some of the comments being made. Titans playing on the road isn't a real talking point. Tannehill not having to throw last two games isn't a real talking point. But that's what some people are basing the game on. I didn't think Titans would beat Patriots or Ravens because just thought they were inferior. They did though and they did it on road. I agree context matters. Someone called Lamar Jackson a running back... The guy there 36 tds. People are saying Tannehill sucks as he finished top 10 all-time for passer rating, completion percentage, yards per attempt. I'm reading comments saying two of the best QBs in the NFL are nobody.
Lamar Jackson threw 36 TDs against Miami, Arizona, the Jets, Clevelandx2, Cincyx2, Pittsburghx2, et al.

We did the same thing to them in week 3 that Tennessee did on Saturday- get up on them and force them to throw. Jackson started heaving ducks and jump balls. And they lost.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:41 AM 01-13-2020
That offense is predicated on Derrick Henry. Period. Tannehill has a completion percentage of almost 76% and a passer rating of 143 when throwing out of play action, which he does over a quarter of the time. If you can take that away by jumping out to a big lead Tannehill will still be decent but not unstoppable.
[Reply]
Oxford 08:42 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by FAH-Q:
The worry here is that Henry gets his, and Tits control the clock, limiting our opportunities to score and controlling the tempo of the game. They won’t have to worry about keeping up if they control the time of possession for 70% of the game.
I agree.... we have to get them off the field on 3rd/4th down. Then score the TD. I wonder if we see a lot of 46 defense in this game? I wonder about playing a 5 down lineman set to confuse the blocking versus a 4 man line .

Is Tannehill mobile?
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:43 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
We lost Rankin in that game. And Allegretti(?) and Wiz came in at one point.
Forgot about that and they only sacked Mahomes twice.

That game was also the only game that Hill had over 100 yds receiving with 157 and I forgot about the fact he got hurt in the 2nd quarter IIRC and missed the next 3 weeks.
[Reply]
neech 08:43 AM 01-13-2020

[Reply]
O.city 08:46 AM 01-13-2020
The Titans have won with their QB throwing for a combined 150 yards in two games.

Over my life, I've seen the chiefs have great running games. I know how that works in the playoffs when you get behind.
[Reply]
TurdsMckenzie 08:47 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Nick Foles says hi
Top 5 passer rating for a single season... Rodgers, Peyton, Foles... Tannehill is 4th. People are sleeping in Tannehill. He can dime it into places you shouldn't even throw if it's less than 15 yards and might be the most accurate passer I've seen throwing on the run. And he throws 40 yard bombs on the money. Plus he has massive targets. People are really underestimating what he can do. He also scores pretty much anytime the Titans are in red zone.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:48 AM 01-13-2020
Too 4 passer ratings for a single season... Rodgers, Peyton, Foles... Tannehill is 4th. People are sleeping in Tannehill. He can dime it into places you shouldn't even throw if it's less than 15 yards and might be the most accurate passer I've seen throwing on the run. And he throws 40 yard bombs on the money. Plus he has massive targets. People are really underestimating what he can do. He also scores pretty much anytime the Titans are in red zone.
There's a reason he got dumped by Miami......he is basically at best Alex Smith. If you get ahead of them and take them out of their game he is going to struggle.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:51 AM 01-13-2020
We need the Bellicheck scheme, Take away their best player. Make someone else beat you.

We need to blitz every play. Fill running lanes. 8 men in the box, Go man on man outside. Force Tannehill to beat us throwing the ball. Seems pretty simple plan to me. Execution could trip up the plan but how else would you scheme it?

Also, take the ball if you win the coin flip. Try to get up early and force them out of running the ball the catch up.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:52 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
We need the Bellicheck scheme, Take away their best player. Make someone else beat you.

We need to blitz every play. Fill running lanes. 8 men in the box, Go man on man outside. Force Tannehill to beat us throwing the ball. Seems pretty simple plan to me. Execution could trip up the plan but how else would you scheme it?

Also, take the ball if you win the coin flip. Try to get up early and force them to not run the ball the catch up.
Reid said he designed some plays for use against the Patriots, right? Now's as good a time as any to break those bad boys out.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:53 AM 01-13-2020
I'm not trying to argue anything really. I'm just counteracting some of the comments being made. Titans playing on the road isn't a real talking point. Tannehill not having to throw last two games isn't a real talking point. But that's what some people are basing the game on. I didn't think Titans would beat Patriots or Ravens because just thought they were inferior. They did though and they did it on road. I agree context matters. Someone called Lamar Jackson a running back... The guy there 36 tds. People are saying Tannehill sucks as he finished top 10 all-time for passer rating, completion percentage, yards per attempt. I'm reading comments saying two of the best QBs in the NFL are nobody.
"counteracting some of the comments being made . . ." is essentially trying to develop an argument. A case. But that's semantics . . .

I wouldn't describe Tannehill as a "nobody." I think it's more accurate to describe him as "limited." He doesn't seem to possess elite arm strength or talent. He pre-snap reads are only correct about half the time. He often doesn't find the open receiver when blitzed/pressured.

But he's tough, mobile, a tough tackle, and isn't scared to pull the trigger in any moment. Whoever is running the TEN offense seems to be getting about as much efficiency out of Tannehill as he can, but as we saw in the Patriots game, put him consistently in 3rd-and-long situations, and Tannehill has trouble converting for 1st downs. Part of that might've been the lack of elite weapons available, or maybe inconsistent play-calling, or even variable play design quality. Or maybe a combination of all of the above.

Regardless, Tannehill had a lot of trouble converting 3rd downs with his arm against the Patriots. And some trouble again against the Ravens, if we can use the "50% of possessions resulting in a score" statistic as a ruler.

Lamar has some of the same limitation issues as a passer. He doesn't possess elite level accuracy. His pre-snap reads are driven entirely on what his pre-snap motion tells him. And he's wrong often. He doesn't have elite talent at receiver. He doesn't have much ability to manipulate defenses in-play with either his eyes or his body yet. And he doesn't throw with very much anticipation. Consequently, GR has designed a passing attack that is predicated on getting to 3rd and short, using motion to overload one side, and short throws on one read designs.

Force him to sit in the pocket and read a defense and he has trouble. At least right now.

Overall, I think that Tannehill is a better, or more well-rounded QB than Lamar, but that's obvious; Tannehill has more than a decade more experience in the NFl to work with.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:56 AM 01-13-2020
You just play them the way the Patriots did yes Henry got his but they scored 14 points on offense, they do that here and they lose.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:56 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Oxford:
I agree.... we have to get them off the field on 3rd/4th down. Then score the TD. I wonder if we see a lot of 46 defense in this game? I wonder about playing a 5 down lineman set to confuse the blocking versus a 4 man line .

Is Tannehill mobile?
He played WR in college, IIRC. He can run and knows how to be a little shifty.
[Reply]
TurdsMckenzie 08:57 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The point was probably that when Tennessee got up on a quick lead vs Baltimore everyone knew the game was over. Tennessee turned lamar into a passing qb. Kudos to the D and O for getting the job done early. Tennessee still probably pulls it off but that game would look really different if the ravens made a stop or scored early.
I personally thought Titans might lose until they prevented the 2pt conversion. I can see the point that QBs and coaches play different based on circumstances. I watched Vince Young comeback against Cardinals and Giants. Down 21 in 4th. Going 99 yards in 2 minutes. McNair a yard short to Dyson in Super Bowl. Titans music City miracle. I'm more just reminiscing now :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:58 AM 01-13-2020
I'm pretty surprised the line is -7.5 for Chiefs.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 144
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Up