ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 118 of 144
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
FAH-Q 04:47 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Just finished watching most of the first half of the previous Titans game. Man, the Chiefs could have been up 21-0. 2nd drive had to settle for a field goal because of 2 huge penalties, both caused by Erving. 3rd drive, Tyreek gets overthrown on a bomb that was half a yard overthrown and would have been a TD - next snap Watkins drops a 3rd down throw that would have kept the drive going.

Starting Oline was Erving, Rankin, Reiter, Wylie, Schwartz, and still Mahomes generally had time to throw.
Yes. The first game was pretty much dominated by a somewhat skittish and immobile Mahomes behind an o-line that shouldn’t be starting college football games. Last week Mahomes’s pocket awareness was probably the best I’ve seen all year. Our pass protection was phenomenal and he was stepping up in the pocket and delivering dimes. The first game we had our way with them and, per the usual script when we play the Titans, we shot ourselves in the foot. I understand games aren’t played on paper, but the Chiefs are the better team and it isn’t particularly close. Same could be said for Baltimore and look what happened to them. As Ragland said this week, just do your job and we should be fine.

I anticipate a ton of blitzing by the Tits. They cannot generate consistent pressure without doing so. I can’t imagine they just sit back and let Mahomes shred them the entire game as that will not play out well for them. And after last week’s game, teams cannot sleep on Mahomes’s ability to escape the pocket and run. He will take that opportunity if teams are playing man coverage, leaving a huge chunk of the field wide open. The Tits want you to run the ball, that’s where their defense is built to win. When you have an elite QB who can sling the ball anywhere on the field, that’s what will make them piss down their leg.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:07 AM 01-18-2020
If Andy calls what I think he's going to call, the Chiefs will score four TDs in the first half. Maybe 5. He's not going to call many runs. Less than 10 for sure. He's going to try to bury the Titans in points early, and force them to throw the ball a lot early. Take Henry away by using their running game against them. Make Vrabel get into a shoot-out with us.

If Andy can hang a 20+ point lead on the Titans in the first half, I don't think the Titans have the firepower to keep up.
[Reply]
Jeff.Fisher 06:44 AM 01-18-2020
Good morning chiefs fans. For what its worth, i'm beyond happy that whoever represents the afc in the super bowl will be there for the first time in many years. Hope this afc championship is one to remember
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:19 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher:
Good morning chiefs fans. For what its worth, i'm beyond happy that whoever represents the afc in the super bowl will be there for the first time in many years. Hope this afc championship is one to remember
You only have one good morning beyond this. Use it wisely.
[Reply]
Jeff.Fisher 08:02 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
You only have one good morning beyond this. Use it wisely.
I was thinking something similar. Tomorrow is the last day of the season for one of us.
[Reply]
BlackOp 08:19 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by FAH-Q:
Yes. The first game was pretty much dominated by a somewhat skittish and immobile Mahomes behind an o-line that shouldn’t be starting college football games. Last week Mahomes’s pocket awareness was probably the best I’ve seen all year.
Yep...he looked like last years MVP for the first time since the Raiders game.

If he's tapped into that level of unconscious play...there is no team that can stop him...you know...unless the refs decide to make Brady look relevant and give him legacy gifts at pivotal moments.

Tannehill doesn't get those calls...which if people are being objective...is the reason the Patriots won last year. That bogus call on Chris Jones was only dwarfed by the ending of the Saints game.

The first match-up shouldn't have been close...PMII loss of mobility/rust was a huge factor...even if Titans fans choose to ignore it.

Dude just rolled a 51-7 clip in the most dire of dire situations...he's not Lamar Jackson/Brady-corpse. He's the most bad-ass QB I've ever seen...
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:48 AM 01-18-2020
Last Sunday may have been Patrick’s most efficient performance in the NFL.

Even in the Rams game, the points didn’t come that easily.
[Reply]
FringeNC 08:51 AM 01-18-2020
Doesn't Damien Williams have to have to Chiefs all-time record for most TDs scored in the post-season? It's hilarious in a way.
[Reply]
FringeNC 08:55 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

He missed a few throws and was a bit hobbled in the earlier game against Tennessee but he threw the ball 50 times for about 450 yards -- he made it look really easy it that game too. That was like the Rams game -- guys running wide open all over the place.
[Reply]
loochy 09:00 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:

If he's tapped into that level of unconscious play...there is no team that can stop him...you know...unless the refs decide to make Brady look relevant and give him legacy gifts at pivotal moments.

Tannehill doesn't get those calls...which if people are being objective...is the reason the Patriots won last year. That bogus call on Chris Jones was only dwarfed by the ending of the Saints game.
I'm sure the Chiefs will be getting the benefit of the refereeing tomorrow. If the titans / niners win the ratings for the super bowl will be in the toilet, relatively speaking. You know almost everyone wants the up and coming gunslinger with his exciting cast vs the old and grizzled vet HOFer.

Look for the Chiefs to get some phantom PIs, holdings, and roughing the passers called in their favor.

I'm thinking we'll see several big Henry runs brought back for drive stalling holding calls.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:01 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Doesn't Damien Williams have to have to Chiefs all-time record for most TDs scored in the post-season? It's hilarious in a way.
Not as hilarious as Albert Wilson's 149 yards in Mahomes first start...his top production since then was 79, last year, vs. the Bengals...
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:04 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:

Look for the Chiefs to get some phantom PIs, holdings, and roughing the passers called in their favor.

I'm thinking we'll see several big Henry runs brought back for drive stalling holding calls.
Absolutely...they are going to call every mugging on Kelce. Titans in the SB...over Mahomes...is a ratings nightmare.

Sucks for Titans fans...but not really because they knocked KC out of the postseason on the worst call in play-off history.
[Reply]
FringeNC 09:08 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Not as hilarious as Albert Wilson's 149 yards in Mahomes first start...his top production since then was 79, last year, vs. the Bengals...
All kidding aside -- Damien Williams has been lethal as a receiver in the playoffs the two years he's been here. So many big plays against NE. Stop Kelce and Hill, and there's Damien Williams shredding your D coming out of the backfield.
[Reply]
RN47 09:18 AM 01-18-2020
This is really just a random thought / observation, but however this game plays out — it’s going to either be a Chiefs blowout victory, or a last second gut wrenching edge of your seat outcome.

The Tits beat a somewhat punchless Patriots team that had little offensive firepower. They fairly well dominated a Ravens team that didn’t adjust for shit, that couldn’t believe they were losing, and kept trying to reinforce a failing game plan. Lamar was a brat on the sidelines, and Harbaugh just stared with his mouth open.

I guarantee you this Chiefs team will pull the proverbial Rocky “cut me, Mick” if they find themselves down late in the game. There’s no getting in this Chief’s team collective head; they’re resilient and completely dialed in. The Tits will have to have not only a bulletproof game plan, but have no room for mental errors or they’re properly F U C T.

ALL the pressure is on them, and they have only one very strong horse to ride.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:21 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

Last year Mahomes was like Favre. Just making shit happen based upon pure talent and superior arm strength.

This year he’s peak Aaron Rodgers, dare I say even better. The kid has jumped so far mentally that it’s damn near impossible to beat him.

It’s like any great QB. If your defense doesn’t have a strong pass rusher with the front 4 and a respectable secondary, you are going to lose.

That’s why I feel comfortable with the Titans. They aren’t strong in either area.
[Reply]
Page 118 of 144
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128 > Last »
Up